Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We would never have been relegated if he had run the club properly from the begining.  He is a moron and has surrounded himself with morons.

He’s added 75m to our debt directly on the back of his catastrophic running of the club resulting in multiple relegations. This is all on him, yet the club (and any potential new owner) will have to pay for it.

We would never have been relegated if he had run the club properly from the begining.  He is a moron and has surrounded himself with morons.

:thup: Relegated twice in 10 years, because the man is a cunt and a pig-ignorant one at that.

I'm sure we can get in £30m in player sales. If Rafa gets that plus £60M to spend, plus agreement on training ground issue - he would take that.

btw this is will be a major issue for us because a lot of people, me included have been quoting the £30m in sales or whatever but we'll actually only get a fraction of that in reality

Mitro + Gayle is going to be giving around 25m. I imagine we can cash in on a few others too.

that's the point, it's alright saying we'll get £25m for mitro but if he signs a 5 year contract we'll likely only see £5m up front this summer :lol:

I'm sure we can get in £30m in player sales. If Rafa gets that plus £60M to spend, plus agreement on training ground issue - he would take that.

Keeping Rafa on board sorts out this club.

maybe sorting out/ ambition is not wanted?

Is annoying like just give Rafa a reasonable budget, free reign, and he'll clearly improve the value of the club.

Certain in a few years, if Rafa has been backed, we'd be a consistent top 8, challenging cups seriously.

It's about risk management. Fatty could back Rafa, but if the signings didn't work out or if they were too old, it could incur loss. Obviously it's a slim chance, but loads of clubs have got into trouble thinking it will all work out. Ashley's model is to make money every year, even a small guaranteed profit is better than taking any risk on a huge profit. Obviously staying up is the key, but even if we go down, he won't lose money.

"An immediate return to the Premier League was vital to restore the financial stability and future prospects of the club," managing director Lee Charnley said.

Yet took a MASSIVE gamble by not buying anyone in Jan which clearly pissed Rafa off and nearly de-railed the season.

Mitro + Gayle is going to be giving around 25m. I imagine we can cash in on a few others too.

Yeah but any money will come in over the next 3-5 years so it's more like £6m.

So basically

when premiership money lost he will gamble, invest more to get it back.

when premiership money at risk he will gamble, not invest more hope to keep it.

He doesn't gamble when we go down, the money is usually already there to finance a season without selling too many players for a season in the championship. If we didn't get promoted at the first attempt you would sharp see him making swingeing cuts to the running costs.

So basically

when premiership money lost he will gamble, invest more to get it back.

when premiership money at risk he will gamble, not invest more hope to keep it.

He doesn't gamble when we go down, the money is usually already there to finance a season without selling too many players for a season in the championship. If we didn't get promoted at the first attempt you would sharp see him making swingeing cuts to the running costs.

He could have not signed Richie and Gayle and not given the club a £15m loan.  All it would take now is him taking a bit of a gamble and coming out saying I'm going to invest £15m-£20m of my money Rafa gets control of that and other income and we're all happy. 

I don't even think Rafa is as concerned about having a big transfer budget.

He just wants to know what he has at his disposal and then be allowed to spend it how he sees fit, with deals being done in a timely manner, without having to run after Ashley to go through every detail with a fine toothed comb.

Agree with this- it's more about control than just the numbers.

Of course the club always spin the results ahead of them actually being published in full so that when they do come out. I wonder whether the £30m provision is trying to play clever with FFP? Essentially those wages will not go through future P&L (although will still be in next / this year's cash flow) and if those players become useful again the provision would have to be unwound.

Never gonna change, he's a fucking cunt and no matter what anyone says I have for a long time and still do believe he's got it in for us and loves ruining our hopes and dreams.

Apparently Sels was on the highest wages in Belgium football last season due to the wages he got from NUFC. I really don't understand why NUFC would have been offering new players Premier League wages when we were in the Championship. I don't see why NUFC would have had to offer Premiership wages to players who'd never played in the Premiership before. Apparently Gayle and Ritchie signed for Premiership wages which you can understand as they were at Premiership clubs and we're taking a step down.

Apparently Sels was on the highest wages in Belgium football last season due to the wages he got from NUFC. I really don't understand why NUFC would have been offering new players Premier League wages when we were in the Championship. I don't see why NUFC would have had to offer Premiership wages to players who'd never played in the Premiership before. Apparently Gayle and Ritchie signed for Premiership wages which you can understand as they were at Premiership clubs and we're taking a step down.

I would imagine wages in Belgium are way lower than PL levels probably on a par with top champo clubs, which we were that season of course. Think it is a huge drop off, what NUFC made in parachute payments was probably more than the bulk of that leagues clubs total income. He also probably got a pay increase for promotion, I wouldn't be shocked if he is on 30k, which will blow in the water what anyone else makes over there.

Surely this transfer stuff works both ways. We've sold £155 million of players since the 13/14 season so assuming equel installments over say 5 year contracts that's £31.1 million income from previous transfers. Is that figure in there somewhere?

Surely this transfer stuff works both ways. We've sold £155 million of players since the 13/14 season so assuming equel installments over say 5 year contracts that's £31.1 million income from previous transfers. Is that figure in there somewhere?

It will be in the full accounts under trade debtors

Could the £30m be a provision for the HMRC investigation?

Not seeing as they've clearly stated it as being related to payments due under player contracts.

Exactly, you can't play the "we didn't get all the transfer fees because clubs paid in installments" card when this has been going on for years, so money is constantly coming in from previous transfers. It's just tiring hearing how they spend so much effort spinning to story, if they put that much effort into actually running the club we wouldn't bitch about them as much.

It's about £30m more than I'd have guessed off the top of my head but was always expecting a massive hit last year and not the greatest net spend last year. This year though it should surely be a figure around what the mid-table sides were spending or at least not far off?