Burnley 1-0 Newcastle United - 30/10/17 - post match whinging from p27

BlueStar

Guest alijmitchell

If selection is the main thing people are moaning about, can someone please enlighten me as to who else we had in the squad available who is likely to threaten a well organised outfit like Burnley? Arguably there's a case for Mitro ( and I am not a massive fan) but beyond that?

If selection is the main thing people are moaning about, can someone please enlighten me as to who else we had in the squad available who is likely to threaten a well organised outfit like Burnley? Arguably there's a case for Mitro ( and I am not a massive fan) but beyond that?

I don't think Rafa trusts him on the pitch and get the feeling Mitro is being kept fit for sale in Jan, I think Gayle will be gone in Jan as well.

Guest reefatoon

If Rafa wants to sell Mitro in Jan he should be putting him in the shop window while he has something to prove, especially when the other strikers look like absolute garbage.

Don't agree with that bit mind. We also want rid of Colback, should we be playing him too?  We can't be playing players just to get them noticed by other clubs.

Saying that though, he should be starting ahead of the god awful Joselu who is crumbling game by game. Not to try and put him in the shop window though, but to try and add some kind of presence upfront.

Joselu's not even holding it up now though. Mitrovic would be doing a better job of that and I genuinely feel he's got more energy about him than Joselu has right now. I also would at least be swapping Atsu and Ritchie round if you're not going to give either Aarons or Murphy a proper go rather just 5 minute cameos, because I feel they work better with Atsu on the right.

If Rafa wants to sell Mitro in Jan he should be putting him in the shop window while he has something to prove, especially when the other strikers look like absolute garbage.

Don't agree with that bit mind. We also want rid of Colback, should we be playing him too?  We can't be playing players just to get them noticed by other clubs.

Saying that though, he should be starting ahead of the god awful Joselu who is crumbling game by game. Not to try and put him in the shop window though, but to try and add some kind of presence upfront.

You kind of argued against yourself here. For Colback there are very decent alternatives in Shelvey, Hayden and Merino. For Mitro that's not the case at all. I agree with Sho'time that it's counter productive for Mitro not even to be making the bench now.