Burnley 1-0 Newcastle United - 30/10/17 - post match whinging from p27

BlueStar

:lol: Elliot’s fault for the goal, again, shock.

The next goal we concede could be a penalty (not conceded by him) hit at 70 mph straight into the top corner and there's 3 or 4 lunatics on here who would point the finger of blame squarely at his feet.

Rafa:

- Even game - a game we were controlling, one goal to win it or lose it.

- Gave the ball away too easy in the middle for their goal.

- Two teams knew what they had to do, just small details between us.

- Not precise enough and need to improve upon it.

- 'We know our strengths and weaknesses' - when asked about our attacking threats.

That’ll confuse some people on here like, all of that sense.

:lol:  He's got some patience like, I know Yorkie said we are a mid table side, but we really aren't, this side would get relegated with a lesser manager.

Totally agree with that. Rafa is the difference.

It's huge. I know we looked rubbish today, but even then we looked well organised and could just as easily nicked another win on another day.

Yup.

The takeover is needed and is huge.

Wasn't at fault for the goal at all, and even if he'd been on the line I doubt he'd have saved it anyway.

He was still awful all match though.

Awful all match? Feels like I'm watching a different game sometimes  :lol:

His kicking (again) and decision making (coming/not coming for balls) was awful, but he made a couple of smart saves and wasn’t the worst on the pitch.

You know what you're getting with Elliot and he does well given we need better. Going to concede with fair regularity in disappointing ways but with good saves. He made a Worley with his leg the other week.

"struggle to attract top players to the north east" (even with investment/takeover) - Gary Neville

It's no different to living in Manchester like which whilst it has really appealing parts is largely a like the horrible parts of a lot of cities. We have the same investment those clubs have and it's not a problem.

Move the training ground to London and just have the players travel up here the night before home games.

If we get new owners, and they give Rafa a decent war chest, we'll have no problem attracting big players here again.

Guest firetotheworks

There's no overreacting, like.

Yes Burnley are hard to break down but they're not f***ing Man City. We were absolutely toothless. Forgot Ritchie was playing until he got taken off.

No overreacting.

Immediate overreaction about Ritchie's performance.

[emoji38]

Nah.

There's a lot of expectation on him to be one of our most creative outlets and he was nowhere near tonight.

Okay then, you forgot Ritchie was playing.

Tbf it's just figurative of saying someone was anonymous isn't it. Which could be argued and we are more importantly utterly toothless.

I'm being a pedant like, but Ritchie had the ball loads, he didn't do a lot and we were toothless, but I wouldn't say he was anonymous.

Wasn't at fault for the goal at all, and even if he'd been on the line I doubt he'd have saved it anyway.

Thought his kicking was cack and he's just not agile enough.

Aye. Think he gets away with a lot of stick just because he doesn't make glaring clangers. He's s***.

He would be shit if he was making dropping clangers all the time.

The Elliot hate is bizarre. Our big problem is number 10 and our striker. Not the keeper.

Aye. Think he gets away with a lot of stick just because he doesn't make glaring clangers. He's s***.

He would be shit if he was making dropping clangers all the time.

The Elliot hate is bizarre. Our big problem is number 10 and our striker. Not the keeper.

He's not the biggest issue, but he's not good enough either. Absolutely shite at coming for crosses.

"struggle to attract top players to the north east" (even with investment/takeover) - Gary Neville

Not if you put money where your mouth is. Takeover needs to happen soon.

I was in Durham in two hours the other day living in East London. These guys could afford an uber/rocket ship and live in a mansion anywhere they like. We're not the size of the US ffs. Problematic thinking from these anglocentric ex players and pundits.

Absolute bullshit.  A lot of foreigners love it here and there's lots to love about our area.  England is a small country it's not like we're based in Siberia and guess what? We have a fucking airport! ?

Neville can get fucked!  I'd expect drivel like that from Pardew or Souness but not him.  Seems like the takeover talk is starting to worry a few. 

Absolute bullshit.  A lot of foreigners love it here and there's lots to love about our area.  England is a small country it's not like we're based in Siberia and guess what? We have a fucking airport! ?

Neville can get fucked!  I'd expect drivel like that from Pardew or Souness but not him.  Seems like the takeover talk is starting to worry a few. 

It saddens me that Neville is one of our more intelligent ex-pros. I mean you expect this sort of bollocks from booze-addled pissheads like Merson, but if Nevilles our gold standard then we really are fucked.

Absolute bullshit.  A lot of foreigners love it here and there's lots to love about our area.  England is a small country it's not like we're based in Siberia and guess what? We have a f***ing airport! ?

Neville can get f***ed!  I'd expect drivel like that from Pardew or Souness but not him.  Seems like the takeover talk is starting to worry a few.

Neville's been peddling that for a while tbf, not just regarding the north east but the whole north in general in terms of the deterioration of clubs, Manchester and Liverpool aside. It's still utter horseshit like. Shame because he's probably the only half decent pundit on Sky.

Absolute bullshit.  A lot of foreigners love it here and there's lots to love about our area.  England is a small country it's not like we're based in Siberia and guess what? We have a f***ing airport! ?

Neville can get f***ed!  I'd expect drivel like that from Pardew or Souness but not him.  Seems like the takeover talk is starting to worry a few.

Neville's been peddling that for a while tbf, not just regarding the north east but the whole north in general in terms of the deterioration of clubs, Manchester and Liverpool aside. It's still utter horseshit like. Shame because he's probably the only half decent pundit on Sky.

Probs more indicative of a resentment of London and the prominence of teams like Chelsea and more recently spurs over his own former club.

He would be s*** if he was making dropping clangers all the time.

Without looking, I'd guess he has one of the lowest save percentages even though we've got one of the best defensive records in the league (will no doubt be shown he has one of the best now). His kicking is tripe and he's hardly commanding.

People just love a f***ing overreaction on here. Get a f***ing grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sorry sir. We should be happy that we can even watch such preformances.

What an incredibly thick response. We've been beaten 1-0 by a mid table side who are very hard to break down. We've just come up, we have little in the way of quality. Newsflash, we will lose games this season

It is still a view though. I mean, you cannot deny that it was a pretty terrible match right? I get that we're a championship team. But it was still a terrible game. And this has been echoed a few times now. But its not the first time the holy trio of Joselu/Diame/Perez has been very very poor. I get the whole thing about the rollercoster ride we are on. Diame shouldn't be near a start, Perez should get a  time off on the bench and Joselu.. Well I have no idea. Whatever Mitro and Gayle do at the training ground must be so bad, that even one of us could step up if he still manages to stay in the side.

Without looking, I'd guess he has one of the lowest save percentages even though we've got one of the best defensive records in the league (will no doubt be shown he has one of the best now). His kicking is tripe and he's hardly commanding.

9th apparently which is decent. Surprised teams aren't targeting him more on set pieces. He doesn't have a clue what to do on high balls

Never heard him say owt like that before, i assumed it was an anti-Newcastle agenda for some reason. If he could back it up with a couple of stories from ex team-mates or whatever then fair enough, but i doubt we'll ever get anything like that.

9th apparently which is decent. Surprised teams aren't targeting him more on set pieces. He doesn't have a clue what to do on high balls

Amazed he's gotten away with it so far. Far more worrying for me than the rest of the stuff he does.