Newcastle United 0-1 Bournemouth - 04/11/17 - post match reaction from page 27

Greg

RefWatch on skysports news: Gayle not offside - goal should have stood.

I wouldn't mind so much if we were well beat, but tight margins like that can make all the difference come the end of the season.

He said the linesman wasn't up with play as well. Very annoying because it came at a time when we were well on top and I think had we got the goal we would have gone on to win it.

Agreed. Even if they'd still had a good second half and snatched a goal, we'd have one point more than we do now.

I wouldn't mind so much if we were well beat, but tight margins like that can make all the difference come the end of the season.

Yep, convinced we take the lead in the first half yesterday we go on to win.

He said the linesman wasn't up with play as well. Very annoying because it came at a time when we were well on top and I think had we got the goal we would have gone on to win it.

That was my thoughts when I first seen the replay, he was a yard or so behind play which would obviously make Gayle look off. Ridiculous decision and he's just went with it.

Yep, convinced we take the lead in the first half yesterday we go on to win.

Would have ended 1-1 according to whichever idiot I was discussing this with on here on Saturday (can't remember who).

I've just watched highlights, and only highlights before anyone jumps on this, but it appears it was very much a game of two halves?

We were so unlucky not to be in front by half time with Begovic keeping them in it. Thought Gayle looked particularly lively? Hope he gets a run in the side.

Begovic's finger tip save on Ritchie's howitzer early in the match was brilliant, like. Feel like Gayle had no business trying to head across from goal in the position he was in when we played a lovely move, very much should have headed that hard as possible near post as I doubt anyone gets anything on it. Also Begovic's save on Atsu's strike was fantastic as well.

Guest neesy111

I've just watched highlights, and only highlights before anyone jumps on this, but it appears it was very much a game of two halves?

We were so unlucky not to be in front by half time with Begovic keeping them in it. Thought Gayle looked particularly lively? Hope he gets a run in the side.

We played well first half should arguably had been 2-0 up, but their was a lack of clear goal-scoring chances which Bournemouth had 2nd half while ours were great hits by Ritchie and Atsu.  It's one of the reasons why I can't totally blame our strikers for their lack of goals as creativity is at minimum in our midfield currently.

We played well first half should arguably had been 2-0 up, but their was a lack of clear goal-scoring chances which Bournemouth had 2nd half while ours were great hits by Ritchie and Atsu.  It's one of the reasons why I can't totally blame our strikers for their lack of goals as creativity is at minimum in our midfield currently.

gayle missed a sitter with his header at the far post.

Not going to lie, I can just about see where people are coming from when they booed at the final whistle. I didn't do it- I think I have only ever done that after that Reading match at home with Pardew, but it was more at him than the players.

However, I think we need to take into account that although there are some part-timer mongs who most likely took part, I can understand genuine fans' frustrations spilling over. We were really poor against Bournemouth, and lost. The ref didn't help either. No Merino, Lascelles went off injured, we had to watch Javier Manquillo try to play football....and the succession of poor clearances and decisions in our own 1/3 that lead up to the corner for their goal were so bad for a team of this level. It was an incredibly frustrating match, and we simply have to be beating these teams at home especially- because despite the unexpected point vs Liverpool, the same simply won't happen when Man City and Chelsea come to SJP. The fact that we conceded near with the last kick of the match meant the anger was very raw- it wasn't like we conceded after 30mins, battered them all match but couldn't break them down- I don't think people would have booed then.

Anyway, just a terrible result :(

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but was Defoe not offside for the shot which led to the corner they scored from? Looked about 2 yards off watching live but the tv / Motd coverage didn't show a single replay of it.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but was Defoe not offside for the shot which led to the corner they scored from? Looked about 2 yards off watching live but the tv / Motd coverage didn't show a single replay of it.

Seems so, a few people have mentioned this. Made worse by us having a perfectly good goal chalked off.