Pardew Gone, Curbishley In (3pm press conference)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest optimistic nit

i wounder where HammerGirl or whatever is. shame we have a damp squip roeder eh, when they have that charismatic pardew.

Guest optimistic nit

Curbs possibly to be announced as soon as tonight/tmrw morning!

mediocre appointment. Even with money i dont see him getting them any higher than pardew would have done. Wont get them into the top 4 IMO.

who would get them into the top 4 then? :lol:

west ham are no richer than pompey, liverpool, manu, chelsea or tottenham, and their not going to finish top 4 no matter who they appoint. its not like they have the richest chairman in football ffs, all teams have rich chairmen these days.

He has lost his way this season, whether it be the Argie thing or teams giving them proper attention after last year. The board had to act and have made a  strong descsion and they will get a v good manager imo if they get Curbs. Lot of the players there started had started beleiving their own hype.

I think they've also really missed Dean Ashton

I saw a bit of the Bolton game and West Ham were terrible. No spirit, no energy, nothing. Something has gone wrong behind the scenes, and I think they were right to make a change - unlike Charlton, who I think should have stuck with Dowie.

I think it's more a case of players like Gabbidon, Ferdinand, Reo Coker, Benayoun, Mullins, Etherington, Zamora & Harewood being no more than one-season wonders. It's bad enough if it was just 2 or 3 under-performing, but I think they've been found out this season, and those players are not good enough to do anything about it.

Out of the bunch, Benayoun and Reo Coker have played well enough.  Reo Coker was the only one willing to do anything vs Bolton.  Missing Dean

Ashton is a huge blow, he was immense last year. 

Curbs possibly to be announced as soon as tonight/tmrw morning!

mediocre appointment. Even with money i dont see him getting them any higher than pardew would have done. Wont get them into the top 4 IMO.

who would get them into the top 4 then? :lol:

west ham are no richer than pompey, liverpool, manu, chelsea or tottenham, and their not going to finish top 4 no matter who they appoint. its not like they have the richest chairman in football ffs, all teams have rich chairmen these days.

Im just looking at it as i would had it been happening here. They are shaking the club up completely, they have money, yes its not Chelski money but its a fair decent amount of money, they have the chance and they are in the position to get someone in place that can really build something good.

He is to West Ham what Roeder is to us, They could do better IMO.

Fastest turn-around of premiership managers ever?

Could well be...

Altho we had just been relegated I remember we sacked Royle and appointed Keegan very quickly too - 2 or 3 days - I think we had sounded Keggy out before giving Royle the boot - But I think you'll have to go a long way to beat this unless you count promotions from #2 after the boss goes...

Can't fault the Icelander for being indecisive. I'm not sure its going to work tho, Curbs never came across to me as being anything more than an 'OK' manager. Not sure West Ham will be as forgiving to his faults (451, Marcus Bent, etc) as the non-fickle Charlton fans were (He'll have no "look where we were when he took over!" to fall back on). I also wonder if they'll do a traditional Charlton 2nd half of the season - They'll be proper fooked!

With all due respect to Curbishley, I am glad that he has been appointed by West Ham. That means if the Toon takeover does really happen Curbishley won't be our next manager.

Alan Pardew won't be out of job for long. Personally I don't think he is tactically astute enough but he has proven to be a good talent spotter, an impressive team builder. Hull should go for him instead of Iain Dowie.