AFC Bournemouth 2-2 Newcastle United - 24/02/2018 - post match anticlimax p19

Disco

The only way this becomes a good result is a draw at Anfield next weekend.

You wouldnt have been happy with 4 pts from Man Utd (h) and Bournemouth (a)?

Of course I would have. But it's about the momentum. Losing two late goals today followed by a pounding at Liverpool won't be good for us at all. If we follow up today's disappointment with a valiant draw away at one of the best sides in the country, it would keep the run going.

The only way this becomes a good result is a draw at Anfield next weekend.

any point in the PL for a side like us is a goodun, chin up fella  :coolsmiley:

There's only so many times "At least we didn't lose" helps when you throw away leads so often like.

how would you feel if we came from 2-0 down?

Guest firetotheworks

This game will be one of the games we look back on if we do go down.

That gets said nearly every week  [emoji38] There's going to be a lot of looking back to do seemingly.

Well yeah, that's the problem. [emoji38]

That gets said nearly every week  [emoji38] There's going to be a lot of looking back to do seemingly.

So many season defining games. We will reminiscence... only if we had won that bournemouth-brighton-southampton-palace-west brom-burnley game. Well if we had, we would be in Europe, we started the season a relegation candidate, we were of course going to lose/draw some of the 'simpler' games. It must be quite a drag to rack them up to look back on them as 'what if's'.

Guest firetotheworks

So many season defining games. We will reminiscence... only if we had won that bournemouth-brighton-southampton-palace-west brom-burnley game. Well if we had, we would be in Europe, we started the season a relegation candidate, we were of course going to lose/draw some of the 'simpler' games. It must be quite a drag to rack them up to look back on them as 'what if's'.

Now who's being petty? You can't keep losing or drawing from winning positions and try and claim there isn't a problem because of the full time result, it's the not taking of winning positions that's the problem, not necessarily the end result.

Weird to hear Eddie Howe say they changed their system in the second half and they started playing better. I was under the impression everything was exactly the same until our manager made some subs.

Weird to hear Eddie Howe say they changed their system in the second half and they started playing better. I was under the impression everything was exactly the same until our manager made some subs.

It was, they only got going at around the 75th minute mark when Dubravka was forced into his first meaningful save of the game. That said I'm not even sure it was our subs that tipped it over the edge, it's always a tough time in the game (when tiring) to handle a surge in momentum from the opposition.

I thought you didn't watch it?

I didn't. I'm being facetious about the often-repeated concept that poor results are only affected by our tactics turning negative and never the opposition improving.

Guest firetotheworks

I didn't. I'm being facetious about the often-repeated concept that poor results are only affected by our tactics turning negative and never the opposition improving.

Ah okay. I have to admit it's a fair point in this match, mind, even if there were other contributing factors as well.

Wasn't the case today like. They couldn't string anything together till we went all out defence.