Sunderland

Kaizero

Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely  

643 members have voted

1. 1. Will Sunderland Be Promoted from LEAGUE ONE? 0 = No chance 10 = Definitely

This poll is closed to new votes

Turns out he was talking about Pulis and Boro, their proper local rivals these days and even then most Moro fans I know couldn’t care less about them and don’t consider them a derby rival due to the gulf in size and class with Boro a league above, better attendances per head, with more recent Honours and a history in Europe. That and their town is much better and they have had players like Juninho, Ravanelli et al who the mackems could only dream of ever seeing the like in their shirt. Bless them.

Eh?  I questioned a mackem saying this over on RTG.  Which Boro game have they played at home with 20% possession and 11 men behind the ball?  Considering they're currently second in the league I find that a tough stat to take.

8 changes which means a fine iirc.

Still plenty of their supposed first team in that line up. their squad is fucking lifting now man I still don't think they will be top 2 this season they have been very very fortunate in some games. that will even itself out over the course of the season

Strongly fancy them to lose at home to Fleetwood at the weekend

Guest Howaythetoon

Turns out he was talking about Pulis and Boro, their proper local rivals these days and even then most Moro fans I know couldn’t care less about them and don’t consider them a derby rival due to the gulf in size and class with Boro a league above, better attendances per head, with more recent Honours and a history in Europe. That and their town is much better and they have had players like Juninho, Ravanelli et al who the mackems could only dream of ever seeing the like in their shirt. Bless them.

Eh?  I questioned a mackem saying this over on RTG.  Which Boro game have they played at home with 20% possession and 11 men behind the ball?  Considering they're currently second in the league I find that a tough stat to take.

I was joking, poorly so. Just trying to highlight the absurdity of Charlie boy using us an example of a loser based on us losing 2-1 away to the Champions in a PL match where we had 20% possession.

It’s ironic given they probably spend 80% of their existence obsessing over all things NUFC, Geordie and Newcastle Upon Tyne, a place they love to visit to work, live, shop and party and that’s just the players. Oh and vandalise cars.

I’d be embarrassed if we ever used Sunderland in any example or context as a club because outside of a match between the two teams and inter-fan relationships in the work place, Internet forums or whatever, they are inconsequential to us as a club and always have been and always should be, they matter not really.

Lowest ever attendance last night for a first team match at the SoS of 7k despite ticket prices being slashed to £3 adults/£1 kids & OAPS. By the time they've paid the VAT on that they've probably been left with about 9 grand in gate receipts which won't even cover the costs of opening the ground up, let alone pay all the players their appearance bonuses. Must be costing them a fortune.

Lowest ever attendance last night for a first team match at the SoS of 7k despite ticket prices being slashed to £3 adults/£1 kids & OAPS. By the time they've paid the VAT on that they've probably been left with about 9 grand in gate receipts which won't even cover the costs of opening the ground up, let alone pay all the players their appearance bonuses. Must be costing them a fortune.

take the bitterness away and thats a good crowd for such a shitty game tbf, im surprised the got over 1k, its a micky mouse cup for losers.

that said i'd go if we drew them in the Northern final  :naughty:

take the bitterness away and thats a good crowd for such a shitty game tbf, im surprised the got over 1k, its a micky mouse cup for losers.

that said i'd go if we drew them in the Northern final  :naughty:

Lincoln City got nearly 5000 and they were charging a tenner. 7k is a poor turnout for a first team fixture especially considering they were virtually letting people in for free. If that had been us we wouldn't have heard the last of it!

From the photos, 7K seems very, very generous!

From the photos, 7K seems very, very generous!

Not like Sunderland to artificially inflate their crowds mind!

Still annoyed the Police butted their nose in and said we weren't allowed to draw them because it would cause issues. They wouldn't have anyone there.

The place would be a sell out if our U23s were there. Their players would play absolutely out of their skins as usual against us.

Apparently Short sold up due to their campaign of not going last season  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/newcastle-fc.1425889/page-447

TAFKARLC

Midfield

Here's a bit of "perspective" for you daft lad. Last season, Ellis Short made it clear that he wished to sell the club, not being a very attractive proposition (a bit like yourselves) most of us played the patience game, trusting that Short did, indeed, want to sell and, though it became pretty frustrating, we did one of two things. The fans who were so unhappy and disillusioned with everything that they just couldn't bear it anymore, stopped going. Those who didn't wish to do that, stayed and supported the overpaid wankers we put out on the pitch. Are you proposing that shouting at buildings or having a meeting in some shitty club to "discuss the ownership" would have made any fucking difference to how quick Short wanted rid of us? Maybe we should have took dirty bedsheets with some illegible prejudiced bullshit scrawled on it? You go on about what you are doing as if it's some kind of crusade whereas the rest of the country see you as a bunch of entitled fuckwits that are spitting their collective dummies out because Ashley won't plough even more money into a club that he has bankrolled for ten years. The best way you could possibly show the tyrant in charge that you mean business is by staying away, forget the fact that gate receipts mean nothing in relative terms, empty seats will make a difference.

The fact is the thing that you lot find hilarious to poke fun at us about "empty pink seats lalas etc" is the one thing you cretins could do that would actually show you're serious, but no, you carry on "mobilising" your troops to go and shout at shop windows because hurting Mike Ashley's businesses will really make him want to give Rafa the millions you deluded tramps crave won't it?

Yeah, coz they stopped going to force him out didnt they? Like fuck did they, they just stopped going coz theyre shite. Trying to pretend it was all pre-planned now arent they?

I've heard a few saying this shite.

Guest firetotheworks

There's more than one way to skin a cat and all that and I'm sure not going is just as effective as protesting. The funny bit is how they're now trying to claim that them not going was a deliberate form of protest and not just because they were and are absolutely shit. :lol: