Random Roeder poll

Guest tobiazvanderziaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Roeder started good in this season by getting us to the uefa cup through the toto cup. Then he had an awful couple of months in the PL but has started to perform again lately. Are you still behind him?

Roeder started good in this season by getting us to the uefa cup through the toto cup. Then he had an awful couple of months in the PL but has started to perform again lately. Are you still behind him?

He is the manager, plain and simple, support him!  (note, I didn't want him in the first place, but he's here and I'll support him till he's gone)

Guest TheDutchman

I am. He seems to be getting better by the minute! Give the lad a chance is my opinion.

But I live to far away from the fire. For instance I dont know the personality of him. Is he a nice guy?

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

He is the manager, plain and simple, support him! (note, I didn't want him in the first place, but he's here and I'll support him till he's gone)

It should be like that more often according to me, but before the portmouth game many would like to axe him immediatly....

Guest TheDutchman

He is the manager, plain and simple, support him! (note, I didn't want him in the first place, but he's here and I'll support him till he's gone)

It should be like that more often according to me, but before the portmouth game many would like to axe him immediatly....

Thats right too. by the way.. Where you from? (your name looks dutch)

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Hehe, from Denmark - just kind of a nickname ;)

Guest TheDutchman

Cheers! Toon Army bring together the whole world! Is Aarhus performing well lately!;)

But I do support Roeder!

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Cheers! Toon Army bring together the whole world! Is Aarhus performing well lately!;)

But I do support Roeder!

Aarhus is performing really bad. Relegated to the second best league last year which is awful for the second largest city in Denmark!  :thdn:

Guest TheDutchman

6 has voted against him but it sounds all positive from what you write. Roeder critics where are you? ;)

It seems he's the new local hero!

Totally behind him...Who ever the manager of our club is I will support...until it gets ridiculous / evident that the players and / or board don't trust or respect him then its our job as fans to support the manager.

He may not be tactically amazing....or experienced in the transfer market or whatever..but he clearly is trying his best and thats all you can ask.

So yes...:p

My answer to this would be a very quick and confidant yes, if and this is really quite a big if, he had addressed out defence in any shape or form in the summer.  This I feel is a major failing, he had several months to get in even journey men defenders who would plug the gaps that occur at this club due to our players being made of glass, he didn't he bought a five million pound left winger instead when we have three players maybe even four or five at a push who can play there (N'Zogbia, Luque, Milner, O'Brian and maybe Emre).  I can't help but question him when I think how that five million could have bought one or maybe two defenders if spent well.  But then I am generally pleased with his performace in other areas, especially the good team spirit we seem to have and our progression in the UEFA cup.  So my arse is resting firmly on the fence, there a reply that says so much yet so little.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

If I may ask what do people think Roeder's strength's are?

Media handling, working with youngsters (I guess) and Duff and Martins are big signings to attract to Newcastle....

Dont really think hes the right man, but cant really complain when results have picked up and the squad is depleted.

I just hope he doesnt cock things up in the next transfer window. Made a mammoth hash of the previous window after all the crap he spouted about players being the right age, players who will improve the first team, etc, and we ended up with rejects from other clubs that noone else wanted. Luckily Sibierski has turned out OK (unlike the kid Rossi and the invisble man, Bernard), but that doesnt hide the fact that we were a shambles in the market (pre-season "scouting", Kuyt embarassment, Milner debacle, last minute bidding yet again for the likes of Huth, Viduka, Woodgate - who Roeder initially said he didnt want, etc).

I think what must have made a difference with regards to recent results is Pearson's appointment. For me, that shows that Roeder shouldnt be in the job if his assistant manager is making such a big difference, but again, cant really complain at this point in time, nor will I if things continue to improve.

I really like the bloke, I want him to succeed, but when the upcoming takeover (fingers crossed) come through, we should get someone to take care of the transfer dealings and help him out in terms of tactics.

Fair enough backing the manager is the right thing to do but what happens when results start going against them? Surely, you can only go so far before asking for his head. We've had some good results of late but i feel around the corner is another set of bad ones.

Roeder did wonders getting us into the Uefa cup considering where we were when he took over but deep down i KNOW he isn't the right man for the job. TBH, i voted "not sure" because i simply go with the flow at the moment, one minture everything is great, the next we are playing terribly. The life of a newcastle fan is full of ups and downs. 

Roeder shouldn't be the manager of this football club, simple as really. We shouldn't be fooled by a couple of decent results where we have still looked crap in the some part of those games. We'll all be brought down to earth tomorrow night at Stamford Bridge.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Fair enough backing the manager is the right thing to do but what happens when results start going against them? Surely, you can only go so far before asking for his head. We've had some good results of late but i feel around the corner is another set of bad ones.

Roeder did wonders getting us into the Uefa cup considering where we were when he took over but deep down i KNOW he isn't the right man for the job. TBH, i voted "not sure" because i simply go with the flow at the moment, one minture everything is great, the next we are playing terribly. The life of a newcastle fan is full of ups and downs.

I think the injuries is the main reason for our inconsistency...

I voted yes. I think there were better candidates (esp O'Neill), but in his overall period in charge he's done better than I expected. I honestly think it's difficult for any manager to work under the current regime, and not all the problems that have arisen with transfers can be put down to him.

The players seem to play for him and despite the criticism, I think his tactics and team selections have been sound. He's also kept his cool under pressure in recent weeks and kept faith in his own judgement.

As for his weak points, I'm still not sure about his ability to handle stroppy or undisciplined players.