The Betting Thread.

Optimistic Nut

Guest Pearce-Dog

Put a 3 figure bet on...

Newcastle > Melbourne Victory > AZ Alkmaar

Paying $2.30

Its either gonna be a Merry Christmas or a boring one.

Arsenal v Portsmouth

Charlton v Liverpool

Everton v Chelsea

Derby v C.Palace

Hull v Cardiff

Rangers v Partizan Belgrade

Tottenham v Dinamo Bucharest

Put on this accumulator, rangers and spurs won, i hope Cardiff dont let me down on saturday.

Cardiff  2-NIL DOWN!

Arsenal v Portsmouth

Charlton v Liverpool

Everton v Chelsea

Derby v C.Palace

Hull v Cardiff

Rangers v Partizan Belgrade

Tottenham v Dinamo Bucharest

Put on this accumulator, rangers and spurs won, i hope Cardiff dont let me down on saturday.

Cardiff  2-NIL DOWN!

Iknow! The wankers! Chopra better get a hat-trick  bluesigh.gif

Guest thompers

Got a treble on today on Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs. Spurs is a bit dodgy like considering their poor away form and City's good home form, but I fancy them to nick it today.

So...back to my original bet worth a potential £71,000.

Chelsea to win the Premiership - Currently 2nd, 2 points off 1st

Birmingham to win the Championship. - Currently 1st, 3 points clear of 2nd

Nottingham Forest to win League One. - Currently 1st, 4 points clear of 2nd

Swindon Town to win League Two. - Currently 2nd, 5 points off 1st

Gretna to win the Scottish First Division. - Currently 1st, 5 points clear of 2nd

Morton to win the Scottish Second Division. - Currently 1st, 1 point clear of 2nd

Stenhousemuir to win the Scottish Third Division. - Currently 5th, 7 points off 1st

PSV to win the Dutch League. - Currently 1st, 7 points clear of 2nd

Barcelona to win La Liga. - Currently 2nd, 1 point off 1st with a game in hand

Inter to win Serie A. - Currently 1st, 7 points clear of 2nd

So 6 of the 10 are winning, 3 of them in 2nd spot. Just Stenhousemuir I need to pull their fingers out!

Aye, Lyon at evens was a steal.

Tonight I have a fiver on Fulham at evens tonight

£1 on 1-0

£1 on 1-0 and Boa Morte

Was gonna stick £1 on Viduka and 2-0 at 80/1 but it was with betfred, and I can't bet there.

Any chance of this thread being made sticky?

Aye, Lyon at evens was a steal.

Tonight I have a fiver on Fulham at evens tonight

£1 on 1-0

£1 on 1-0 and Boa Morte

Was gonna stick £1 on Viduka and 2-0 at 80/1 but it was with betfred, and I can't bet there.

Any chance of this thread being made sticky?

Boa Morte's injured I think.

Is he?

I've bet online with coral, any ideas if they will let me change my bet?

I'm not sure what procedure Coral use but they will either refund your bet or keep it standing as a 1-0 only.

they will keep it at 1 nil

http://www.tacticaltrader.com/images/article/22-an-introduction-to-betting-exchanges/betfair-betting-screen.png

This is your typical betfair page, the blue side on the left are the prices to bet and the pink side on the right are to lay, say for example you wanted to bet on Karello bay then you would click on the blue square which has odds of 1.7 (about 8/11ish) If however you didn't think Karello bay would win then you could click the pink square and bet it won't win at 1.71 (about 11/8ish) so if anyone else apart from Karello bay won you would win.

There's an excellent book available on Play.com which explains it all.

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/1111525/-/Product.html?searchstring=betfair&searchsource=0

You seem pretty serious about betting so it'll be well worth investing in it in the long run, what I've said is only scratching the surface, People make a decent second living from Betfair as you have the chance to 'protect your stake' I've made a decent amount on there over the last few weeks :thup:

Give it a go.

http://www.tacticaltrader.com/images/article/22-an-introduction-to-betting-exchanges/betfair-betting-screen.png

This is your typical betfair page, the blue side on the left are the prices to bet and the pink side on the right are to lay, say for example you wanted to bet on Karello bay then you would click on the blue square which has odds of 1.7 (about 8/11ish) If however you didn't think Karello bay would win then you could click the pink square and bet it won't win at 1.71 (about 11/8ish) so if anyone else apart from Karello bay won you would win.

There's an excellent book available on Play.com which explains it all.

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/1111525/-/Product.html?searchstring=betfair&searchsource=0

You seem pretty serious about betting so it'll be well worth investing in it in the long run, what I've said is only scratching the surface, People make a decent second living from Betfair as you have the chance to 'protect your stake' I've made a decent amount on there over the last few weeks :thup:

Give it a go.

i've been puzzled about it aswell...on your example page,following what you say on the bottom choice,tuckers bay,the odds are 160 if you fancy it,a rank outsider but if you fancy it not to win shouldn't the odds be a lot shorter than the even longer 180 ?

tell you what,i'll buy the book!