The Betting Thread.

Optimistic Nut

Guest rosstoon

On to my original bet though, Birmingham, Forest & Swindon leading the Football Leagues.  tongue.gif

did u do them all o win the leauge or each way. ive done chelsea, Birmingham, forest or Bristol city and Swindon.  All of the each way so should get some return if one does fail.

Guest nufc_geordie
Also know people who don't back away teams at all because they reckon statistically they prove too unreliable. I've never checked the stats over a 5/10 year period but its an interesting policy.

I follow this rule and to be fair I was up £100 last year after putting £5 accumulator on every saturday. I only back the home favourites with odds equal to or shorter than 1/2. It hasn't worked at all so far this season but that happened last year as well. The start and end of seasons are usually didgy and throw up some weird results. From November to March  :thup:

On to my original bet though, Birmingham, Forest & Swindon leading the Football Leagues.  tongue.gif

did u do them all o win the leauge or each way. ive done chelsea, Birmingham, forest or Bristol city and Swindon.  All of the each way so should get some return if one does fail.

Got all my bets each way...still fetches £70k...I think.

Guest Bramble OG

Betfair have us at 14/1 to be bottom of the league at the end of september.

Could be worth a bet at those odds...

I got on at 30/1...

RossToon,

Good luck with your bet tonight. I hope it comes off for you.

Personnally, I have a policy of never betting on more than 4 teams at once. So I would have split your bet into one treble and a trixie.

For those of you who don't know, a trixie is a bet where you have 4 teams backed to win and you start 'winning' your money back as soon as two of them win, more if the third wins (which would make a treble) and you scoop the full return if the 4th wins.

If only one of the four teams wins, your screwed.

Its like a safe accumulator basically.

You get slightly smaller odds in comparison to a normal accumulator but more chance of getting something back.

Riches

first time i've ever heard of a trixie consisting of 4 teams...if you are picking 4 temas under those terms it's a yankee,the threefold version (crossfolded bets without singles)is a trixie and not that much safer as the overall bet will need to be of a larger stake .

anyway,been pretty good over the last few years,reckon i've ended the seasons up by a couple of hundred per season,but spend the money as soon as won,decidied this season to stack winnings in order to increase stakes and minimise odds (ie 1/5 with £100 on is worth winning but not with a tenner on),so far after starting with a tenner i have £12.planning a £10 double on saturday with 2 from sunderland,bayern munich and werder bremen.

I've got a question on fivefolds..i have put on 6 teams this weekend ok, i put £1 on each which has cost me £6 altogether, so if the 6 teams win will i still get the accumulated odds win and if only say 5 teams win what will i get as a return?

You won't get any cumulative odds, you will get the winnings from each bet individually.

An example of what you're doing:

1pt on Team 1 at 2/1 = Lost

1pt on Team 2 at Evns = Won + 1pt

1pt on team 3 at 2/1 = Won + 2pts

1pt on Team 4 at 6/4 = Won + 1.5pts

1pt on Team 5 at 11/10 = Won + 1.1pts

1pt on Team 6 at Evns = Won + 1pt

Total stakes = 6pts

Total returned = 11.6pts

Profit = 5.6pts

You would have to place an accumulator to get the cumulative odds.

Or there are other bets available such as a fivefold with 6 teams which would cost you £6, and if 5 teams win then you will get the cumulative odds of those 5 teams with 31 on that fivefold, if all 6 win then you will get £6 on each fivefold which will be pretty large.

Well this weekends bet could be over before it starts to be honest, but I'm including Hull at home to Sheff Wed tonight.

Hull to beat Sheff Wed 5/4

Hull have been much better since Michael Bridges signed, they're still bottom but deservedly won at Leicester in midweek with an astonishing goal by Bridges, Danny Mills has also just signed and they look much better.

Sheff Wed have only won 1 this season, and haven't won away for 6 months.  HOME WIN - Confident pick

Man Utd to beat Arsenal 8/11

Ronaldo, Rooney, Saha, and Scholes all start, while Henry is highly unlikely to play.  I don't like betting on big games, but this is one I think Man Utd can put to bed before half time.  Lets face it Arsenal are Henry, and Wenger knows it.

Sunderland to beat Leicester 4/6

The eight new signings have transformed Sunderland in to comfortably the best side in the division in my view, and Leicester are shite.

Celtic to beat Dunfermline 1/7

Best team in SPL v the worst team in the SPL, if I had £7m I'd confidently stick it on to win another million.

Cowdenbeath to beat Forfar away 5/6

Huge price.  Forfar are pure shite, I backed them a few weeks ago against Arbroath who are in the league below, and they lost 1-4 at home.  Cowdenbeath however have started really well although they lost 2-1 at home to Morton on Saturday, Morton are pissing the league.  Forfar have lost their last five games, and I'm baffled as to why I'm getting nearly evens for this.

£5 on this pays £67.86 buying money in my view.

All odds courtesy of BetFred.

http://www.studentbettingvillage.co.uk/betfred.jpg

Looks like Hull have done a job for you tonight.

It got a bit hairy at the end.  Hull should've been 5-1 up at half time, but this Parkinson told them to sit in for the full second half.  Barmby missed a great chance to wrap it up, and 2-1 was probably fair.

4 more to go  :thup:

Guest Pearce-Dog

Just put an accumulator on for the weekend;

Charlton vs Portsmouth - Hoping the shopping spree they went on in the off-season pays off away from home.

Bolton vs Middlesbrough - Reebok stadium has always been a fortress.

Cardiff vs Luton - Cardiff to be too good

Sunderland vs Leicester - Everything about this bet is wrong, but I put it on anyway.

$10 wager paying out $153

Hopfully this gets up so I can throw it all on Man U

I think I might start using Stevie as my tipster - he seems to know his stuff!

Put the same on as him except Spurs to beat Fulham at 8/13 instead of the Hull match.

£1 on, £9.75 returns. Last of the big spenders....