Fergie's Elite List

Delima

Fergie's Elite List

Peter Schmeichel, Ryan Giggs, Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Roy Keane, Wayne Rooney, and potentially Christiano Ronaldo. Trully excellent players these people are. Vidic would soon make his name into this list if he continues to excel.

ALEX FERGUSON has hailed only six Manchester United players he regards as world class during his reign.

The list from his 20 years in charge does NOT include David Beckham, with whom he had an acrimonious split.

Becks came runner-up in the competition for World Player of the Year during his time at United. But he did not get a mention in Fergie’s elite list — although the Old Trafford boss predicts Cristiano Ronaldo will become No 7.

Ferguson said: “I’ve been blessed with several world-class players.

“Peter Schmeichel was certainly one.

“Ryan Giggs, for me, definitely. Eric Cantona could have been even better, but for the parts of him you had to control.

“Wayne Rooney. That’s four — and I think Ronaldo is going to be. He’s playing in the hardest position, out wide, and never refuses to take the ball and attack players.

“He’s two-footed, he’s brave and, once his decision-making improves, he’ll be world-class without question. Then there’s Roy Keane. That’s five.

“And there’s an argument for Paul Scholes, the cleverest midfield player we’ve ever had.

“To work with such people has been an absolute pleasure.

“It’s fulfilled every aspiration that occurred to me when I joined the Scotland set-up and encountered the likes of Dalglish and Souness.”

One of those named in Ferguson’s six is Giggs who has been a professional at the club for 16 years.

The Wales winger said: “Consistency-wise I think I’m in the best form of my life and I’m really enjoying it, perhaps more than ever.”

Sorry Delima but you're bloody obsessed with Vidic.

He's a theatrical bastard. Half decent though.

No suprise that Beckham and Stam never got a mention

Indeed. Once you cross Fergie there is no coming back, Scottish Mafioso.

Sorry Delima but you're bloody obsessed with Vidic.

Obssessed? No no I am not. Just that I rate him really highly and honestly thought that he is a lot better than the overrated John Terry.

Shame he forgets Bryan Robson who was better than all of the outfield players on that list.

Maybe Robson is too often injured?

Shame he forgets Bryan Robson who was better than all of the outfield players on that list.

And Paul McGrath, who he sold for peanuts, played on for another 7 years or so, and is in my (admittedly hugely biased) opinion, still the finest defender to play in the Premiership. But then again, I would say that.

And Paul McGrath, who he sold for peanuts, played on for another 7 years or so, and is in my (admittedly hugely biased) opinion, still the finest defender to play in the Premiership. But then again, I would say that.

Clearly you didn't see wor Jean Alain in full flow.

Take a look at my posts in the all time Premiership XI thread, think I'm about the only person to have included McGrath in their team, fantastic player, absolutely fantastic.