Toon line up top targets

Guest smoggeordie

I would like Robert Kovac on loan or for a low price (cb)..And leftback's are difficult really, especially in the middle of the season..

Kovac is a good shout. Just what we need IMO. Lots of experience, can develop the young lads and physical enough to cope with the demands of the Premiership. The thinking mans Martin Keown IMHO.

Anyone think the timing of this article is more than just a coincidence? E.G: Clashing with the AGM?

Just a thought?

I can see us going for Crouch at the right price and thinking about it, I think he and Martins could be quite a decent partnership and on Roeder's behalf, it would show a forward thinking aproach as Owen and Crouch is quite an effective partnership too, at international level anyway. I'd rather we didn't spend what I imagine will be over 5m on Crouch or sign that type of player but he's a good player to have around.

Is Newcastle the sort of club that can afford to spend £5m on a striker to "have around" when we have such pressing urgencies in defence.

With Owen returning possibly late in the season we have to consider that whoever comes in is likely to be rotated next season and I'd agree that we need someone with presence up front. But the problem with Crouch is he encourages a long ball game, we've seen that with Liverpool and England. I honestly think that Crouch would cost nearer £10m than £5m given that Liverpool paid £7m for him and his stock as an England player has risen since then. At that price we should stay well away.

Guest Gemmill

Roeder has no credibility especially on transfer issues.

Gemmill is right, it will be a surprise if he doesn't ffxxk it up.

That's some positive thinking...

I was positive before the last transfer window mate.  They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt this time.  It's up to them to prove to us that they can operate effectively in a transfer window.  Until I actually see them do it, I'll assume they're incapable.

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if we splash our moneyt on a winger and a goalkeeper.

I would like to see us get a keeper on the major cheap in the summer, so that Harper can go and be a number 1 somewhere.

Surely it would make as much sense to just keep Pav on in that case and bump Krul to 2nd choice?

Guest toon tone rudeboy

Tbh it wouldn't surprise me if we splash our moneyt on a winger and a goalkeeper.

I would like to see us get a keeper on the major cheap in the summer, so that Harper can go and be a number 1 somewhere.

Surely it would make as much sense to just keep Pav on in that case and bump Krul to 2nd choice?

This would be the time to do it.  Harper getting his extended run in the first team must have made him visible for other teams to take notice of him.

You mean the 39-year-old (will be 40 next season) who was lumped out of the Premiership years ago and hasn't played a competetive match in ages...? Hmm - it's an option i suppose.

Roeder has no credibility especially on transfer issues.

Gemmill is right, it will be a surprise if he doesn't ffxxk it up.

That's some positive thinking...

I was positive before the last transfer window mate.  They don't deserve the benefit of the doubt this time.  It's up to them to prove to us that they can operate effectively in a transfer window.  Until I actually see them do it, I'll assume they're incapable.

Like Gemmill I am very unimpressed with Roeder's ability to work the transfer market. I will however be prepared to be pleasantly surprised if they get the right players in eg 2 fullbacks, a CD who can marshall a defence and a striker who can hold the ball up.

i want us to sign morten gamst. shame we have no need for that area!

That makes two of us. Wish we'd signed him back before he signed for blackburn - Gamst Pedersen for a £1-2m beats Duff for £5m, imo.

People on this forum are so kneejerk about this. Do you really think Glenn is going to go into the meeting with no idea who he is going to sign, I presume he'll go in with a list of players and Shepherd will tell whether based on the money the club has whether they are viable options or not.

As for the budget I imagine he will have some idea of what he has got.

finally a voice of reason, people need to actually read and THINK before they start shooting off at the mouth in these forums!  do you really think i club like newcastle would be so unprepared for a window they've been dying to get to that roeder wouldn't have a list of players and some knowledge of the budget???? ignorance

Guest toon tone rudeboy

People on this forum are so kneejerk about this. Do you really think Glenn is going to go into the meeting with no idea who he is going to sign, I presume he'll go in with a list of players and Shepherd will tell whether based on the money the club has whether they are viable options or not.

finally a voice of reason, people need to actually read and THINK before they start shooting off at the mouth in these forums! do you really think i club like newcastle would be so unprepared for a window they've been dying to get to that roeder wouldn't have a list of players and some knowledge of the budget???? ignorance

Yes.

:winking:

And by the way, I would have to challenge you for your statement in your signature.  Bring on the American Soopafan challenge!!!

finally a voice of reason, people need to actually read and THINK before they start shooting off at the mouth in these forums! do you really think i club like newcastle would be so unprepared for a window they've been dying to get to that roeder wouldn't have a list of players and some knowledge of the budget???? ignorance

Yes.

:winking:

And by the way, I would have to challenge you for your statement in your signature. Bring on the American Soopafan challenge!!!

yes..the AMERICAN Soopafan challenge!  where you from?

Guest Invicta_Toon

finally a voice of reason, people need to actually read and THINK before they start shooting off at the mouth in these forums!  do you really think i club like newcastle would be so unprepared for a window they've been dying to get to that roeder wouldn't have a list of players and some knowledge of the budget???? ignorance

no, like all the other times I fully expect there to be a list of players who will want more money than FF will pay, or players who will sign for other clubs when NUFC fluches out the fact they want a move

Guest toon tone rudeboy

look at my picture of emre, oba, sibs, and the caption about oba being the "nigerian nightmare." ring any bells as to where i live?

The only thing about a "Nigerian Nightmare" was Christian Okoye who was a RB for the KC Chiefs (I'm a Chiefs fan as well)... am I close?

ding ding ding, wow another chiefs fan on the newcastle forum! who woulda thunk it?  yep i'm from kansas, and i felt passing on the knickname "nigerian nightmare" from christian to obafemi was appropriate given the way he's been battering other sides lately!!

lets hope the knickname sticks.....SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE TOON!!  i'm out later sunshine stater

Guest toon tone rudeboy

ding ding ding, wow another chiefs fan on the newcastle forum! who woulda thunk it? yep i'm from kansas, and i felt passing on the knickname "nigerian nightmare" from christian to obafemi was appropriate given the way he's been battering other sides lately!!

lets hope the knickname sticks.....SHOES OFF IF YOU LOVE THE TOON!! i'm out later sunshine stater

OK then, you take the title of "soopafan of the mid-west" and I will take "soopafan of the Southeast".  That will leave other regions of the country available for whoever can claim them.

Would it be sacriligious to put "Gonzalez 88" on a Newcastle Jersey???

See you around Jayhawk.

How the hell will Roeder know who he can bring in if he doesnt have a transfer budget?.How does he know what quality he can target?

There is no point scouting a 10m striker if you find out 2 weeks before the window opens you only have 5m to spend.

The way we do transfers is a complete joke.

with about 87 clubs right behind us and spending more than we do, on better players, which is of course why they are all in europe regularly and we aren't  :lol: