Beckham to Bolton

Nobby

No chance.

Alladyce:

"In the past when that sort of name has been attached to this club, people considered it as something that was never going to happen.

"But cast your mind back to Youri Djorkaeff. People scoffed and said he would never come to play for Bolton, but he came.

"So did Bruno N'Gotty, Ivan Campo and Fernando Hierro - we've attracted some fabulous players to the club.

To be honest, none of them are in Beckhams league in terms of being a "Big Name" player. I'd be amazed if he signed for them and, to be honest, wonder why he'd want to?

Exactly my opinion.

Only stumbling block is the wages he could possibly demand.

doesn't seem to have been a problem with Anelka, Djorkaeff, Campo, Nakata, Okocha, Hierro, N'Gotty etc

and do you think any of those players were on a beckham-esque wage???

i certainly dont

No chance.

Alladyce:

"In the past when that sort of name has been attached to this club, people considered it as something that was never going to happen.

"But cast your mind back to Youri Djorkaeff. People scoffed and said he would never come to play for Bolton, but he came.

"So did Bruno N'Gotty, Ivan Campo and Fernando Hierro - we've attracted some fabulous players to the club.

To be honest, none of them are in Beckhams league in terms of being a "Big Name" player. I'd be amazed if he signed for them and, to be honest, wonder why he'd want to?

no-one really has a bigger name than Beckham but

Anelka, Djorkaeff, Campo, Nakata, Okocha, Hierro, N'Gotty were all big name players

Hierro was Real Madrid captain

and about 50.

the rest you have named had little other option but bolton if they wanted to play in the prem.

beckham would not have that problem imo

Bolton, at least when i watched them on Saturday, play 9-1-1, so Beckham would fit in perfectly there, lots of scope to remain utterly anonymous and do nothing for 90 mins, as he has done for England for so long.

But he cant take long throw ins into the box from the halfway line,and thats imperative for a Bolton player.Wish Speed hadnt lowered himself by going there.

He would suit their style of play well, plus the way they play would add about 4 years on to his career.

Only stumbling block is the wages he could possibly demand.

He certainly could deliver some great long ball passes!  :lol:

Bolton may well be interested but i'd be shocked if Becks went there.

Good player no doubts, but we don't really need him plus he's getting on a bit (probably better played in the center now and we have Butt, Emre and Parker excelling there as it is at the moment. Although woulden't be completely gutted if we signed him we definately have other priorities i.e. a really good LB and a decent striker!

Sams been at the metal Polish early this Christmas

Beckham wouldn't drive through Bolton FFS

and since I don't think he wants a divorce he's unlikely to come back to the UK to anyone other than Chelsea - he is  a BRAND and so is his Mrs

and Brands don't go downmarket to Spurrs, Bolton, Rangers or whatever

He doesn't need to work, he can make  a living out of his advertising for  a while

I can see the States as  perfect - his Mrs wouldn't get the meeja flak there either