The other games today 2019/20

Greg

That offside rule needs looking at now VAR is in operation. That isn’t offside in the spirit of the game, it can’t be what the rule is intended for?

That’s where I am. Go from the line of the feet or legs or something. To have to rule that out is ridiculous.

Agree with that

Could a linesman see he's 1mm offside no, so it shouldn't be overturned.

But the law means these decisions have to be right. There's no grey area. When you're checking every goal, it shouldn't make a difference if it's 1mm like Son, or half a metre like Ayoze. It's the law that has to change.

Guest neesy111

But the law means these decisions have to be right. There's no grey area.

Other countries with VAR aren't going to this length though in checking this closely from what I've seen.  The law needs changing but the PL are making a ridiculous hash of it, just like they aren't intervening enough when there's blatant pens etc.

But the law means these decisions have to be right. There's no grey area. When you're checking every goal, it shouldn't make a difference if it's 1mm like Son, or half a metre like Ayoze. It's the law that has to change.

If those ridiculous lines that they draw on had been the other way round, nobody would have said "Those lines are in the wrong place!" - it's completely arbitrary. It looks like me having a go with MS Paint, "yeah that looks about right, whatever"

Other countries with VAR aren't going to this length though in checking this closely from what I've seen.  The law needs changing but the PL are making a ridiculous hash of it, just like they aren't intervening enough when there's blatant pens etc.

But this is a blatant offside according to the rules whether it's just offside or miles offside. Penalties and fouls, there's still that element of interpretation (even if the Lascelles one last week and on Kane recently looked like pens to me)

If those ridiculous lines that they draw on had been the other way round, nobody would have said "Those lines are in the wrong place!" - it's completely arbitrary. It looks like me having a go with MS Paint, "yeah that looks about right, whatever"

Might as well rule out goal line technology too then? If it’s 1mm touching the line should we just give it even if the images say no goal?

But this is a blatant offside according to the rules whether it's just offside or miles offside. Penalties and fouls, there's still that element of interpretation (even if the Lascelles one last week and on Kane recently looked like pens to me)

Blatant :lol:

Blatant :lol:

Technology showed it’s offside. The referee can’t view that then say, nah, I’m ignoring that.

Guest neesy111

Might as well rule out goal line technology too then? If it’s 1mm touching the line should we just give it even if the images say no goal?

The difference is a human is doing the lines for the offside while it's 100% proven technology for goal line technology.