Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

Aaah so it's Mansours idiot distant cousin who may have some money but is useless with it and likes to hang around with celebrities to make him feel more important than he is

Sounds about right for us  :lol:

The post above which you allude to goes against the @geordiedentist version of him

"But as anyone here in the UAE would tell you HH Sheikh Khalid bin Zayed al Nahyan is very real and the Bin Zayed Group which he is the chairman of held in high regard. Their values and performance are more than admirable and they have a very good track record, even in difficult economic times."

He says the opposite of being useless.

Guest godzilla

Fair enough but I wasn't being entirely serious

O0 I know but the person who wrote it was

Guest godzilla

Are the local press really quoting a f***ing dentist on Twitter. :lol:

They don't have a clue

Tbf he has a very good inside knowledge and has been commenting on stuff pretty accurately for a few years now. I agree that journalists use twitter quotes too much for their reports but this bloke does have inside knowledge.

Just gonna go quiet and fizzle out now innit?

Just sleep until Friday. That's when the finances are being sorted. Apparently.  Hopefully.

https://twitter.com/MidhatKidwaiUAE/status/1133104850953232384

Not 100 % sure that account is real, but hey. His current location being London can be both positive (meeting) and negative (fake account) I guess.

As the account only appeared about 16 hours ago, I think its safe to say its bollocks

Just sleep until Friday. That's when the finances are being sorted. Apparently.  Hopefully.

Not 100 % sure that account is real, but hey. His current location being London can be both positive (meeting) and negative (fake account) I guess.

As the account only appeared about 16 hours ago, I think its safe to say its bollocks

That's the worry. But it is an account from 2012. Might have started tweeting in wake of important stuff..

Got a horrible feeling that we’ll get to July and Ashley will be releasing a statement about how he tried to get the sale ‘over the line’ and will be pledging ‘every available penny’ to Rafa in the transfer window.  :(

Still got a really bad feeling about this guy. Nothing can be worse than Ashley (NOTHING), but a dodgy Sheik wouldn't be that much of an improvement... Like we say in Spain "bread for today, hunger for tomorrow".

Why's he 'a dodgy sheikh'? :lol:

Getting their own URL wrong isn't that promising either

Still got a really bad feeling about this guy. Nothing can be worse than Ashley (NOTHING), but a dodgy Sheik wouldn't be that much of an improvement... Like we say in Spain "bread for today, hunger for tomorrow".

I'm mostly going off the reports of his failed Liverpool bid.

Are the local press really quoting a fucking dentist on Twitter. :lol:

They don't have a clue

Geordie Dentist is pretty good actually. Has his finger on the pulse of stuff happening out in the gulf and he was head of NUST at one point I think. He’s just written a good article for the Chronicle as well. Better than some actual journalists.

I’m still quite cynical about this whole deal and won’t believe it until it’s done.

But he’s far from a Fredo type character.

Did some digging and found this interview. He seems fairly well balanced and intelligent.

Well choosing to remain optimistic is my default position Ashley has bred synicism and that also needs to change over time.

I believe...... but not enough yet to have our new owners name put on a shirt... 29 or so letters gets a tad expensive :)

I’m still quite cynical about this whole deal and won’t believe it until it’s done.

But he’s far from a Fredo type character.

Did some digging and found this interview. He seems fairly well balanced and intelligent.

Is that even him? I can't keep up with who is actually trying to buy us!

I'm mostly going off the reports of his failed Liverpool bid.