Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Why would anyone bid £2 Bn for Liverpool anyway ? They can’t be worth anything like that . How come there’s two pics of this ‘ Sheikh ‘ floating about that would appear to be two completely different people ?

They undoubtedly are, only reason we are 'only' worth 350 is because Ashley has treated us like a cheap retail store. Most of the clubs in the CL will be worth in the billions to those who can afford it.

The whole thing is bollocks designed to get Rafa to sign on the dotted line and then it all magically disappears

:spit:

Aye, that'll be it.

Seriously, how the fuck is this going to make Rafa sign if it's all bullshit?

Exactly. He will be waiting to speak to the new owners to see what the deal is and what his budget is etc. :lol:

I don’t know. I think she would likely scupper any deal such was the animosity Mike Ashley had towards her.

He essentially publicly called her a time waster which must have been fairly damaging to her career over there too.

I’m very surprised and confused as to why the potential new owners haven’t already made contact with Benitez’s people about all this. Seems a bit weird to me.

You shouldn’t worry about the funding. The key problem is still the fat cunt could put in any kinda obstacles any second before the sale.

Indeed. This has always been the case. Hopefully Ashley is not in the mood for more foolish games or this lot could move focus to some other club like Mansour did before and we'd fall behind yet another club. Here's hoping Ashley needs the money for some other venture of his and actually sells up this time so we can move on. This club and manager doesn't need a fortune to get back to being a regular top half team with the occasional European adventure and some exciting players for us to enjoy. What a step (back) up that would be after more than a decade of neglect.

Worth billions lol. Okay trump.

I take it you disagree then? I don't see how the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd wouldn't be getting offers like that if they were for sale.

Not with man united or Liverpool. But that’s not most of the CL Clubs. You’ve literally picked two of the top handful.

Guest godzilla

Mark Douglas

‏Verified account @MsiDouglas

2m2 minutes ago

Finally received a reply from Dave Kitson after six weeks of trying to make contact.

Interestingly, he confirms this *was* the group he was referring to on @talkSPORT at the start of April... #nufc

They are only reporting on opinions and don't have a clue about what's happening. Best to wait for an official announcement.

Ashley has just sold Sports Direct HQ for £120M..

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sports-direct-confirms-120-million-063428943.html

Interesting. Ashley is scrambling around for money for some reason. Hopefully this will not negatively impact any necessity to sell us.

I genuinely think he wants rid of us this time. His business plans are suggesting a change in direction and he clearly doesn’t have the spare capital needed to get done what he needs. Also reckon that his ties with NUFC are giving him a shitty reputation that he needs to caste off. That greasy dodgy cunt Phillip Green, for instance, gets away with equally disreputable shit, but he doesn’t have the public vehicle of a football club and pissed off fans to bring it to the attention of the public every week. His closure of stores last wk slipped under the radar as a case in point.

Worth billions lol. Okay trump.

I take it you disagree then? I don't see how the likes of Liverpool and Man Utd wouldn't be getting offers like that if they were for sale.

Not with man united or Liverpool. But that’s not most of the CL Clubs. You’ve literally picked two of the top handful.

Tottenham are the only one IMO, Chelsea and City probably wouldn't be sold because they already have mega rich owners and i could easily see a Arsenal sale surpass 1 billion tbh.

Guest covmag

It all sounds like bollocks then  :lol:

Craig hope is a miserable git mind.Knows fuck all and is just talking gobbledygook

Jim White sounds happy for us  :undecided:  Not

I’m very surprised and confused as to why the potential new owners haven’t already made contact with Benitez’s people about all this. Seems a bit weird to me.

Contact with employees of a target company is typically restricted as part of an NDA.

Contact with employees of a target company is typically restricted as part of an NDA.

But gobbling off about the fact you’ve bought a company isn’t?

But gobbling off about the fact you’ve bought a company isn’t?

Depends on how complete the deal actually is. How do we know they haven't been given permission to speak with Benitez? Rafa is sensible enough to not say anything publicly until everything was complete.

The only facts that still matter are the statement from the buyer, and then the club confirming it as genuine.

Nowts changed since then as far as I'm concerned.  Just journos posting every 3 minutes to try and stay relevant. 

I won’t be surprised if the potential new owner hasn’t contacted Rafa, even if NDA didn’t cover this.

This is going to be a big project. Over 500m May be invested (assuming the rumour is correct). There should be lots of managers who are interested and Sheikh (or the real owner) may have his own preference. Rafa is a stand out candidate but is not the only choice. So it makes a lot of sense to keep a distance before the take over is completed