Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest covmag

My finger will remain ready to press renew.

Glad I held off till today, no fucking idea how this will pan out.

Fuck Twitter fuck social media

Whew, been out all day. Rather than read 46 pages, someone give me a recap in gifs please

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

402a1fa575442e84067c07a09c89c376.gif

:lol: 10/10, this.

That should be in running for post of the year.

Amazing

Just the sight of that slimy tw** really makes my stomach churn.

TBH anything/anyone is better than what we have had to put up with for the last 1o years or so (Rafa fully exempt)

Most of the negativity is coming from bitter local journalists scrambling for an angle after getting caught with their pants down for the biggest story in Newcastle United history barring maybe the various ballads of Keegan and Alan Shearer signing.

Meanwhile, we have official statements flying around and the original journalists doubling and tripling down.

I also don't get the "this is just a smoke screen for Rafa leaving angle" - it would be non-sensical, since we would instantly know the story is BS as Rafa wouldn't leave with a takeover allegedly in the wings - a good cover would need to be able to last the whole summer.

thomas[/member] :snod:

:lol:

statement from group involved: "we're buying it, it's done."

everyone: "yaaay i'mma nut in an eclair!!"

local clueless journo: "what about all this stuff that I'm throwing against the wall hoping desperately it will stick so i'll look like I knew something?"

everyone: "oh wow I guess it's all over huh, well it was fun while it lasted, time for the sweet hereafter."

it happen mike.

:lol: I've decided I'd rather be right than enjoy soccer. It's a bad look.

LSg8eTq.gif

I dont understand why local journalists believe that club officials would know about a takeover.

The only people who would know, would be Ashley and his solicitors. I dont even see the need to tell Charnley unless it's done.

If Mike Ashley doesn't come out with a denial (which he has done in the past), in the next 24 hours, I'd be shocked if it wasnt true.

He will be desperate to paint himself as the man who passed to the club on to rich owners.

Guest neesy111

I dont understand why local journalists believe that club officials would know about a takeover.

The only people who would know, would be Ashley and his solicitors. I dont even see the need to tell Charnley unless it's done.

If Mike Ashley doesn't come out with a denial (which he has done in the past), in the next 24 hours, I'd be shocked if it wasnt true.

He will be desperate to paint himself as the man who passed to the club on to rich owners.

This.

Guest The Little Waster

ashley trying to bluff the other interested parties?

Ashley trying to drum up interest ... there are no interested parties the whole thing is a scam

I just think that if true these things take time. Reckon it’s different this time. No amount of f5 or contradictory chronicle articles will help

It could take until the end of June to wrap this takeover up depending on how organised and eagar the new owners are to get this done. No doubt the media will try to cause panic in the fanbase if its not done today.

As a collective we are proper fucking weird like.

"Breaking news coming out of Newcastle...."

Everyone - "AND? AND? AND? HOWAY, GIVE ME MORE NEWS NOW!"

Like children really. I totally get the super charged emotional side of it all, just find it very weird that people will be sitting at work F5'ing the shit out of every website known to man. It's not like you're going to miss the announcement when / if it hapopens :lol:

Like children really. I totally get the super charged emotional side of it all, just find it very weird that people will be sitting at work F5'ing the shit out of every website known to man. It's not like you're going to miss the announcement when / if it hapopens :lol:

The mob mentality of twitter is super odd, as well. Absolutely swarming over anyone seemingly involved, begging them for updates/more information.

I dread to think what impact this having on the NE economy, or even the global one. All those man hours wasted.

The mob mentality of twitter is super odd, as well. Absolutely swarming over anyone seemingly involved, begging them for updates/more information.

Not sure if it makes it odder, or explains it perfectly, but the media's obsession with reporting on what Twitter thinks is demonic.