Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

Well done sherlock.

How's your asking 5000 for a 500 pound car theory coming along?

Get back to me when you understand the difference between a theory and a metaphor.

If you seriously think Ashley has been an active and serious seller for years then be my quest but I think you find yourself pretty alone in that corner.

Because nobody has matched his price, not rocket science but seems a bit hard for you to understand.

Unbelievably naive.

It's incredibly naive and it just shows some people will believe pretty much anything Ashley wants.

Wait and see and I'm going to love it when this takeover happens  :smitten:

Wait and see :lol:

You really don't understand what people are talking about here at all do you? If he ends up selling the club now then how exactly does it prove he has tried to sell the club for years?

It's you who said he wasn't a willing seller all I said is that his value for the club was never previously met and that he wouldn't until it was met. If he ends up selling at the price being said this will show what I said was right i.e. his value of the club has been met and he is now selling, dear me it really isn't hard you know

The conversation was about his whole time here not just about this summer. You have no idea about the terms he is willing to sell with now do you?

1) Things might have changed because his other business interest and he's prepared to make a deal he previously wasnt.

2) He might have finally found someone who is willing to pay "over the market price" for the club.

I think the most telling sign about his willingness to part with the club has been the time it has taken to get to a stage where we are now. Just repeatedly shouting about no one paying him his asking price doesnt prove he has been realistic or truthful about his intentions to sell before.

E: Maybe thats enough about this now. You think he has been trying to sell the club for years or whatever time. I dont. Let's hope he's selling it now regardless of what his intentions have been in the past.

I agree let's hope we are celebrating soon as nobody can disagree we want him gone O0

I've also stated continuously that his reported value for the club was way over the top.

My whole point is that if you put a valuation that's "way over the top" on a club (or anything, like a car, remember?) I cant consider you to be committed to selling it no matter what you say on Skysports.

At no point have I said things couldnt be different now. I just questioned the rewriting of history.

Northern echo

The situation is further clouded by the ongoing takeover talk, although things have not really moved on in the last couple of weeks since news of the Bin Zayed Group’s interest in buying out Ashley was made public.

The Dubai-based group, led by Sheikh Khaled, continue to insist publicly and privately that their attempts to complete a £350m buyout remain on track, but a number of different sources continue to question whether they will be able to complete a deal.

That article just seems like because nothing has been played out in public since the Bin Zayed Group released their statements then it must mean no progress has been made. That new company that was formed or whatever it was last week seemed significant. Whether the takeover happens or not I don't expect big news until the end of June.

Guest godzilla

I've also stated continuously that his reported value for the club was way over the top.

My whole point is that if you put a valuation that's "way over the top" on a club (or anything, like a car, remember?) I cant consider you to be committed to selling it no matter what you say on Skysports.

At no point have I said things couldnt be different now. I just questioned the rewriting of history.

In our minds his valuation was a bit steep we all agree, but the point I was making is it's not our opinion which matters it's his as the owner of the club and to be fair he knows more about business sales than we do that's for sure. The car metaphor ( :p) only comes into play (in my opinion anyway) if you never sell the car, if a muli-billion pound group headed by a member of royalty is buying the club then maybe his asking price is the right one all along as someone has agreed to pay it.

Anyway your view differs from mine so let's just agree to disagree and as said before hopefully be celebrating good news very soon.

Guest godzilla

Northern echo

The situation is further clouded by the ongoing takeover talk, although things have not really moved on in the last couple of weeks since news of the Bin Zayed Group’s interest in buying out Ashley was made public.

The Dubai-based group, led by Sheikh Khaled, continue to insist publicly and privately that their attempts to complete a £350m buyout remain on track, but a number of different sources continue to question whether they will be able to complete a deal.

That article just seems like because nothing has been played out in public since the Bin Zayed Group released their statements then it must mean no progress has been made. That new company that was formed or whatever it was last week seemed significant. Whether the takeover happens or not I don't expect big news until the end of June.

The northern echo are like any other media they don't know what is happening.

We have seen this game before from Ashley if nobody meets his unreasonable demands then smear them in the press by saying they don't have the backing to meet his price. I don't like how this is playing out now.

We have seen this game before from Ashley if nobody meets his unreasonable demands then smear them in the press by saying they don't have the backing to meet his price. I don't like how this is playing out now.

My thoughts entirely.

Guest Yerdas El Savon

I still think this is very much on and the journos are just making stuff up to generate clicks.

Guest godzilla

Which he hasn't done and the group have stated proof of funds were sent nearly 2 months ago within their statement which was nearly two weeks ago, yet not a peep from Ashley.  Signs are being taken down we will know soon enough if the takeover is happening and if the signs do go back up.

I don't expect the club to ever release a statement, but they really need to now. There is so much uncertainty at the club and many conflicting reports in the media that nobody knows where they stand. It says a lot when prospective new owners have communicated better with the fans than Ashley himself. The Bin Zayed Group are going to be humiliated after releasing those optimistic statements if this takeover falls apart.

I’m still a little bit confident but seems strange that every uk journo that writes about it suggest it’s far from being done, no proof of funds, pl not starting their tests etc. Someone is telling them all something. It can’t all just be dour, negative guesswork

Guest godzilla

My thoughts entirely.

But he's not doing this, how does the tweet above indicate in anyway that Ashley is saying they don't have the backing to meet his price?

My thoughts entirely.

But he's not doing this, how does the tweet above indicate in anyway that Ashley is saying they don't have the backing to meet his price?

Their sources are obviously in and around the club or Ashley. He may be making no comment officially but is he passing info to sources that tell the press? As I said above I find it very odd the uk journos are all saying the same things