Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Its less revenue, so he would be less happy obviously.

But no I don't think that would make him sell the club, ticket revenue is a small percentage of his income.

But if that "less revenue" is enough to mean the club makes him a loss rather than a profit, his whole reason for owning us disappears.

It doesn't have to reduce his income to zero. :lol: Just enough to make us a millstone around his neck rather than a cash cow for him. Saying "but other revenue is more" is completely missing the point.

I guess McKeag just left because he got bored? Left when he wanted to, nothing to do with the fans.

Is that what you think? That all the protests back then were utterly pointless?

Mckeag had a willing buyer/consortium that fought for years buying shares.

Who's doing that now?

Well 3 parties have tried. Kenyon, Stavely and now BZG :lol: But willing buyers are irrelevant because we don't have a willing seller. And we don't have a willing seller because he's making a profit out of the club/your season ticket money.

Stop that, and he will become a willing seller. Then the buyers have a fighting chance.

But no I don't think that would make him sell the club, ticket revenue is a small percentage of his income.

But if that "less revenue" is enough to mean the club makes him a loss rather than a profit, his whole reason for owning us disappears.

It doesn't have to reduce his income to zero. :lol: Just enough to make us a millstone around his neck rather than a cash cow for him. Saying "but other revenue is more" is completely missing the point.

Ticket revenue wouldn't be the difference between profit and loss

I guess McKeag just left because he got bored? Left when he wanted to, nothing to do with the fans.

Who's doing that now?

Now 100% convinced this guy is a club plant.

You could certainly argue that yes, but that doesn't mean that you turn your back on the club like some have and actively want it lose football matches

But if you agree that the fans and club both have things they're expected to do... then if the club stops doing its side, surely fans are justified in walking away?

The obligation on fans to not turn their back is based on an assumption that the club is trying.

Ofcourse the fans are justified for not going, we've just lost one of the best managers that we'll get for a very long time, a manager who with the correct backing could taken this football club forward.

I've not said that fans aren't justified for staying away, what I've consistently said is that I don't think staying away will help, which I don't.

If I thought giving up my season ticket for ayear would help, I could go a year without going to a game, but I don't think it will.

Thats my opinion which I'm entitled too.

Would you miss one game, just to see? Or is that asking a bit too much? Do I need to go and ask the other 44,999 people you expect to turn up, face to face, if they'll boycott before you do?

Aye, why not do that?

Fans who go to games are worse than Mike Ashley, cancerous cretins apparently, they're holding your football club back by going to games?

Why not go tell them how you feel? You obviously feel very strong about it

So you won't miss one game?

Also, I've not actually said that the fans who go to games are worse than Ashley, or cancer etc.

One day will do f*** all man!!!

Other supporters have

What about a half empty stadium week in week out as I mentioned above? You don't think that will affect Ashley?

It wasn't in the Championship but you still went. You just want to go to the match and that's fair enough, good luck to you. It's the pretence that I can't abide. You know full well that an empty ground in the Championship would be enormously damaging to him. You just don't care.

Who's doing that now?

Well 3 parties have tried. Kenyon, Stavely and now BZG :lol: But willing buyers are irrelevant because we don't have a willing seller. And we don't have a willing seller because he's making a profit out of the club/your season ticket money.

Stop that, and he will become a willing seller. Then the buyers have a fighting chance.

Where are they all now? You mean BZG who release statements through fucking DJ'S howay man :lol:

They don't sound like a very credible buyer to me, sound like complete bullshitters

You could certainly argue that yes, but that doesn't mean that you turn your back on the club like some have and actively want it lose football matches

But if you agree that the fans and club both have things they're expected to do... then if the club stops doing its side, surely fans are justified in walking away?

The obligation on fans to not turn their back is based on an assumption that the club is trying.

Ofcourse the fans are justified for not going, we've just lost one of the best managers that we'll get for a very long time, a manager who with the correct backing could taken this football club forward.

I've not said that fans aren't justified for staying away, what I've consistently said is that I don't think staying away will help, which I don't.

If I thought giving up my season ticket for ayear would help, I could go a year without going to a game, but I don't think it will.

Would you miss one game, just to see? Or is that asking a bit too much? Do I need to go and ask the other 44,999 people you expect to turn up, face to face, if they'll boycott before you do?

Aye, why not do that?

Fans who go to games are worse than Mike Ashley, cancerous cretins apparently, they're holding your football club back by going to games?

Also, I've not actually said that the fans who go to games are worse than Ashley, or cancer etc.

Other supporters have

What about a half empty stadium week in week out as I mentioned above? You don't think that will affect Ashley?

It wasn't in the Championship but you still went. You just want to go to the match and that's fair enough, good luck to you. It's the pretence that I can't abide. You know full well that an empty ground in the Championship would be enormously damaging to him. You just don't care.

An empty ground in the championship? Fuckinghell man, is that really what you want?

This is so fucking tiresome..

Back to Bruce I think he will pick up some good results this season and we will be safe. NOTE.. Not due to Bruce's management but more the legacy Rafa has left behind.

Who's doing that now?

Where are they all now? You mean BZG who release statements through fucking DJ'S howay man :lol:

They don't sound like a very credible buyer to me, sound like complete bullshitters

This we agree on. Whole thing was total bollocks from day one.

I think there are credible buyers out there though but they know full well Ashley is not a willing seller while the money keeps rolling in so we don't hear from them. Why waste their time?

Aye, why not do that?

Other supporters have

An empty ground in the championship? Fuckinghell man, is that really what you want?

??? Why would it not be? You admit it would cripple the club financially then? So your assertion that your money doesn't matter to Ashley is total and utter bollocks.

Aye, why not do that?

One game will do f*** all man!!!

Other supporters have

Yeah, but I haven't, so no need to label me with that.

So your answer is "no, I won't miss one game"?

I have a question Seymour:

Should the attendance fall below half full (home fans) would you consider this a tipping point? Would this not ostensibly mean that you`d be in a minority in your insistence on attending the ground?

I guess in a clumsy way I`m asking if there are any scenarios in which you would feel compelled to join a boycott & show solidarity to the majority of (Ex) match going support?

Back to Bruce I think he will pick up some good results this season and we will be safe. NOTE.. Not due to Bruce's management but more the legacy Rafa has left behind.

How can you say this we have no strikers as it is we wont score 20 goals all season

We are absolute certainties to go down as it stands now

No, we want rid of Ashley. People are willing to do things like boycott and give up season tickets because they have realised he will not go "because it's the right thing to do". He will stay because of people like you and your baffling loyalty. I appreciate your passion for the team but wouldn't you rather have a short term "pain" to get rid of the long term parasite?

What would it take for you personally to stay away until Ashley goes? What is the final straw for you?

EDITED FOR CLARITY: This was aimed at Seymour but others have commented after.

There are some right spineless, selfish, bricks in the wall out there. Match going fans like Seymour are worse cancers than Ashley. Set of c***s the lot of them!

Calling me a cancer :lol:

If 45k+ are cancers to the club then why not go to the ground and tell them all that then?

Why not do something about it to get rid off these 45k+ cancers?

If I felt as strongly as you and I thought boycotting would get rid of him, then I certainly would.

Why not do something about the fans going to the ground?

What? A picket line in effect. Approach strangers outside of SJP and say 'Hoo yee, i think you're a c*** for going to the game' which probably leads to physical violence in font of a heavy police presence and all on CCTV. Sensible.

Aye, why not mate? Why not stop those nasty cancerous supporters from going to the game?

Surely if boycotting gets rid off Ashley and those supporters are still going to games then you should be doing something?

Why not eh? I don't fancy rolling about with strangers or a criminal record possibly leading to losing my job for a start. I'm sure match going fans read social media etc and are aware of the strength of feeling anyway. As for doing something. I'm trying to get people like yourself to understand the reasons for not going while appreciating that you can make your own choice. I'm giving up my ST after 28 years and binning 180 loyalty points. I've been through some dark days since i started going in the 70s so it's not simply because we're shit as you suggest. It's about self respect. It's a result of feeling under valued, no longer feeling proud or passionate. Something i miss greatly btw. In the past i've had sleepless nights and butterflies before a game, even as recently as last season. Now just apathy.

How can you type that with a straight face? :lol:

According to the latest released figures for 2017/18, we made an operating profit of £17.6m

Ticket revenues were £24m

So yes, on its own and without looking at anything else, ticket revenue absolutely is the difference between profit and loss for Mike Ashley. :)

A further £28m was brought in through sponsorship, and trust me if you've got an empty stadium and nobody buying shirts then that takes a hit too. Add in further that if we go down, he looses the TV money and we'd all agree that a full stadium decreases the likelihood of relegation but to be honest to get shot of him it's a price I'd accept in a heartbeat to have my club back.

In summary: Don't talk utter rot.

Who's doing that now?

Where are they all now? You mean BZG who release statements through f***ing DJ'S howay man :lol:

This we agree on. Whole thing was total bollocks from day one.

I think there are credible buyers out there though but they know full well Ashley is not a willing seller while the money keeps rolling in so we don't hear from them. Why waste their time?

Was a real strange one the whole BZG thing.

People aren't knocking the doors down to buy the club anymore...

According to the latest released figures for 2017/18, we made an operating profit of £17.6m

So yes, on its own and without looking at anything else, ticket revenue absolutely is the difference between profit and loss for Mike Ashley. :)

A further £28m was brought in through sponsorship, and trust me if you've got an empty stadium and nobody buying shirts then that takes a hit too. Add in further that if we go down, he looses the TV money and we'd all agree that a full stadium decreases the likelihood of relegation but to be honest to get shot of him it's a price I'd accept in a heartbeat to have my club back.

I didn't look at the accounts

Is that total profit of the club in the 2017-2018 season then? £17.6m?

If we do make a loss, then the debt goes up by the way, which means the price goes up which means its even more difficult for a potential buyer.

If we do make a loss, then the debt goes up by the way, which means the price goes up which means its even more difficult for a potential buyer.

:lol:

Not going wouldn't work. But even if it would work it wouldn't work.

Not going wouldn't work. But even if it would work it wouldn't work.

I'm just glad that we've finally agreed on things

How can you say this we have no strikers as it is we wont score 20 goals all season

We are absolute certainties to go down as it stands now

We've got Gayle and Muto.. Actually I should of added providing we get a couple of strikers (which I think we will) The three who have come up will go down IMO

Wrong again.

If we keep making a loss, and will keep making a loss in the future, he has to either keep taking the loss or has to sell for cheap and write some of the loss off. Like what Ellis Short did. He'll have no choice.

If he asks unreasonable amounts for a club with debt, nobody will buy it off him and so it (and therefore he!) will keep making a loss. No failing business has ever had its owner keep the high business value and just tack the debt on and see a successful sale. History is replete with examples of businesses being sold for nominal sums like £1 because of how they're performing.

Nothing you're saying makes sense.

Who's doing that now?

Now 100% convinced this guy is a club plant.

Aye, is like.

Wrong again.

If we keep making a loss, and will keep making a loss in the future, he has to either keep taking the loss or has to sell for cheap and write some of the loss off. Like what Ellis Short did. He'll have no choice.

If he asks unreasonable amounts for a club with debt, nobody will buy it off him and so it (and therefore he!) will keep making a loss. No failing business has ever had its owner keep the high business value and just tack the debt on and see a successful sale. History is replete with examples of businesses being sold for nominal sums like £1 because of how they're performing.

:thup: Mental gymnastics to avoid saying "I just want to go to the match"

Wrong again.

He's already asking for an unreasonable amount and the club is in over a 100m in debt...