Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Fenerbahce, on loan from Al-Ahli)

Disco

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

It won't be far wrong. Rape is an obscenely difficult crime to charge and prosecute, the police don't help with their approach to things.

I just looked up some follow up posts from the author and some critical pieces dismantling its statistical basis. It’s almost completely guesswork.

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I just looked up some follow up posts from the author and some critical pieces dismantling its statistical basis. It’s almost completely guesswork.

Fair, apologies for posting, but the point still stands 

35 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

F1AdCz3WIAMHe03.jpeg

This forum man :lol:

Sorry, I’m not suggesting this is an amusing topic, it clearly isn’t. I haven’t read the football section for a while. Checked the Barnes thread recently for an update, everyone’s discussing Ian Rush. Thought I’d pop in here to see what’s happening with ASM, rape conviction chat.

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

This forum man :lol:

Sorry, I’m not suggesting this is an amusing topic, it clearly isn’t. I haven’t read the football section for a while. Checked the Barnes thread recently for an update, everyone’s discussing Ian Rush. Thought I’d pop in here to see what’s happening with ASM, rape conviction chat.

We need a transfer.

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

My point is rape, due to our burden of proof, is an incredibly difficult crime to charge and prosecute in the UK.

In the eyes of the law, Mendy has presumption of innocence, but that simply means there wasn't enough evidence to convict him.

He could be one of the very few who are falsely accused, it does happen, but the numbers suggest it's improbable.

So while I'm sure he's a massively relieved man, keep your head down and for fucks sake don't celebrate on social media. Use your brain man.

Bit in bold is complete horse poo like. Perhaps there wasn’t enough evidence because there was no rape in the first place. Your numbers that suggest improbability are plucked from thin air. Those quotes from the Guardian article shared above certainly suggest some young girls had consensual intercourse and came up with a plan to falsely accuse these men of rape.

3 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Bit in bold is complete horse poo like. Perhaps there wasn’t enough evidence because there was no rape in the first place. Your numbers that suggest improbability are plucked from thin air. Those quotes from the Guardian article shared above certainly suggest some young girls had consensual intercourse and came up with a plan to falsely accuse these men of rape.

I accept the graphic may be inaccurate, but it is absolutely true it is very difficult to secure a conviction for rape in the UK. Most cases boil down to he said v she said which doesn't satisfy the burden of proof. Usually cases aren't even taken that far due to how unlikely a conviction is. Either the victim doesn't report it, the police don't take it forward or conviction can't be secured.

Anyway, as Venkman rightfully pointed out, it's a bit of an intense debate for a Friday evening so have a good'un.

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I accept the graphic may be inaccurate, but it is absolutely true it is very difficult to secure a conviction for rape in the UK. Most cases boil down to he said v she said which doesn't satisfy the burden of proof. Usually cases aren't even taken that far due to how unlikely a conviction is. Either the victim doesn't report it, the police don't take it forward or conviction can't be secured.

Anyway, as Venkman rightfully pointed out, it's a bit of an intense debate for a Friday evening so have a good'un.

think it said in this case there was a video of the lass enthusiastically shagging Mendy. 

11 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

The idea that it's common for women to go through the ordeal of a rape trial based on false accusations is absurd. As it that that not proven = the woman's a liar (or all the women).It's 2023 ffs. 

Conversely it appears that even a man cleared by two separate juries for the same alleged crime(s) cannot be deemed innocent or receive public messages of support from friends.

Also, with it being 2023 and all, why single out women as rape victims? ;)

Bloke has been cleared of rape , absolutely nothing wrong with fellow professionals liking that, I bet they have to put up with these sort of accusations all the time .

Edited by Geogaddi

28 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

The idea that it's common for women to go through the ordeal of a rape trial based on false accusations is absurd. As it that that not proven = the woman's a liar (or all the women).It's 2023 ffs. 

Absurd? Remember the Johnny Depp vs Amber case? A legendary actor had his career ruined and everyone believed his wife right away, but then came his famous trial for which he came out as completely innocent and his wife Amber as the manipulative monster. This is just one example, it isn’t absurd or impossible by any means. People with borderline personality disorder or manipulative personalities exist. What is absurd is accusing Mendy or any other person with rape and ruin their lives for nothing. Rapists exist, and so do those manipulative liars who could fabricate a story to gain something. That’s why courts of law exist. 

15 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Absurd? Remember the Johnny Depp vs Amber case? A legendary actor had his career ruined and everyone believed his wife right away, but then came his famous trial for which he came out as completely innocent and his wife Amber as the manipulative monster. This is just one example, it isn’t absurd or impossible by any means. People with borderline personality disorder or manipulative personalities exist. What is absurd is accusing Mendy or any other person with rape and ruin their lives for nothing. Rapists exist, and so do those manipulative liars who could fabricate a story to gain something. That’s why courts of law exist. 

Tbf, it's probably worth a shot for the accuser, what have they got to lose? Obviously not that much.