Spurs (H) pre-match thread

Newcastle Fan

Guest Deep456

NEWCASTLE:

RETURNING: None

OUT: Charles N'Zgobia , Titus Bramble , Steve Harper, Craig Moore , Olivier Bernard , Tim Krul , Stephen Carr , Shola Ameobi, Michael Owen.

DOUBTFUL: Damien Duff.

Deep's STAT: The Magpies have won four of their last five Premiership games to move from the relegation zone to within a point of the top half of the table.

Ones to watch: Obafemi Martins and Keiron Dyer.

TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR:

RETURNING: Didier Zakora (suspension).

OUT: Jermaine Jenas, Robbie Keane .

DOUBTFUL: Hossam Ghaly , Aaron Lennon.

Deep's STAT: Spurs are looking for their fourth consecutive victory but have only won away from home once so far this season - beating Manchester City 2-1 last weekend.

Ones to watch: Berbatov and Ghaly.

PREDICTION: 2-1

prediction 2-1 to newcastle

we really need this win with our upcoming away games

here's my formation....look at sig

if babayaro can't go throw in huntington, if duff can't go put dyer on right and milner out left

I'd go:

Given

Solano    Ramage    Taylor  Babayaro

Milner    Butt    Emre      Duff

Martins    Sibi

bench: Pav, Huntington, Rossi, Dyer (rested), Parker

If Duff isn't fit, then i'd put Dyer on the right and Milner on the left.

Anyone who thinks we should leave Sibierski out needs their head seeing too imo. He brings the best out of Martins.

Yeah, i know what you mean mate, i selected my team with Dyer in there instead of Sibi, but i couldn't really make up my mind. Sibierski does bring the best out of Martins, i agree, but i think Dyer works better with the team on the whole. Dyer's certainly a key player for us, and i think it should be all about fitting him somewhere into the team. He doesn't work on the right, and we can't budge Emre and Butt (imo), so he's got to go there.

Like i said in my previous post, Sibi will be a good impact player. Come the 65-70th minute or so that is, not the 86th.

I'd play Martins and Dyer up front too.

I think if we played Sibierski then he would struggle against Dawson in the air, were as both Dyer and Martins would run rings around him with the ball on the floor, he's one of the slowest CB's in the league and it's an area we should be looking to take advantage of.

i'd go with a midfield of dyer,butt,emre,milner and sibierski and martins up front.

but i think roeder will bring parker in pulling either milner or sibs out,sibs out will put dyer up front,milner out will put dyer right and emre left..duff on the bench.not worth the risk with loads of games coming .

----------------Given

Parker---Taylor-----Sibierski----Emre

Dyer----Butt-----Ramage--------Martins

-----------Bramble-----Luque

Pros:

- Towering central defence.

- Ball playing fullbacks.

- Defensively impenetrable central midfield.

- Pacey wingers.

- Agile frontline, mixture of strength and class.

Cons:

- Would require good drilling and structure. We dont have the manager for this team to work, with a good enough manager this team would certainly cause everyone problems.

including newcastle fans  :roll:

i always thought titus was more of a forward player then a defender,after "that" goal against chelsea,and the fact that he is a good header of the ball,i might play him their if all of my strikers get injured..just to keep him away from the defending

Luque,i really don't understand why people make him look like he is the worst player ever to play in newcatle,even though  this season he didnt do alot wrong,did he?

Guest smoggeordie

----------------Given

Pros:

- Pacey wingers.

Cons:

- Would require good drilling and structure. We dont have the manager for this team to work, with a good enough manager this team would certainly cause everyone problems.

Con - It's the shittest suggestion i've ever heard.

If Duff passes fit, Glenn has a few decisions to make regarding form players versus pedigree.

Parker/Butt, Baba/Huntington and Milner/Duff are some of the decisions he has to make.

I'll be livid if he goes 4-5-1 again. I can see him going 4-4-2 with Sib back, Dyer on the right, and Parker in for Butt. Duff, if fit, replacing Milner and Baba replacing Huntington.

Guest smoggeordie

Agree with NSG...this is something u try when u won ur first 34 games of the season..

...with blindfolds on whilst eating caviar and you are playinbg the mackems and just want to take the piss. Anyone who seriously wants to play this formation is totally fucking clueless.

Guest smoggeordie

Agree with NSG...this is something u try when u won ur first 34 games of the season..

I think tmonkey was being sarcastic tbh

If he was, it was the poorest effort of sarcasm ever.

----------------Given

Pros:

- Pacey wingers.

Cons:

Con - It's the shittest suggestion i've ever heard.

How many have you had tonight, Nick?

Any teams yet?

Same as the Chelsea game.

What a copout.  Couldnt make the choice as to whether to play Butt,  Emre or Parker.  Bottled it.

Newcastle United: Shay Given, Nolberto Solano, Emre, Kieron Dyer, Obafemi Martins, James Milner, Scott Parker, Nicky Butt, Peter Ramage, Steven Taylor, Paul Huntington

Subs: Pavel Srnicek, Albert Luque, Giuseppe Rossi, Antoine Sibierski, David Edgar

Tottenham Hotspur: Paul Robinson, Pascal Chimbonda, Young-Pyo Lee, Didier Zokora, Dimitar Berbatov, Hossam Ghaly, Steed Malbranque, Jermain Defoe, Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone, Ledley King

Subs: Radek Cerny, Ahmed Mido, Danny Murphy, Calum Davenport, Benoit Assou-Ekotto

No Duff on the bench either,  or no Babayaro at all.