Spurs (H) pre-match thread

Newcastle Fan

-----------------Given

Nobby---Taylor-----Ramage----Hunty

Milner----Parker-----Butt--------Emre

------------(A)--------(H)

-----------Dyer-----Martins

4-4-2

But clear instructions needed from rReder, Butt holding player, Parker attacking.Parker needs to get back alongside Butt as soon as we lose the ball.  :thup:

If Duff is fit then the midfield is extremely difficult to call... Glenn having decisions to make usually doesn't pay off for us either.

Haha fair point, the less decisions he has to make the better we perform.

Has Emre ever played left wing in his life? I was under the impression he could play in the centre or on the left. He's left footed and surely if he could play there he would have by now, especially as Dyer is neither use nor ornament on the right. He runs and runs but is too wide and often too deep for it to really matter. As NSG mentioned though, Sibi must play - we're better with him  :thup:

what did duff do to be "half decent" i mean his stats are 1 goal,0 assists..! (watford didnt count because the ball hit a watford defender before going to martins)

Even Luque,who have  7 starts less then duff this season got a goal and an assist...

Milner,Dyer both seem much better then him..

what did duff do to be "half decent" i mean his stats are 1 goal,0 assists..! (watford didnt count because the ball hit a watford defender before going to martins)

Even Luque,who have  7 starts less then duff this season got a goal and an assist...

Milner,Dyer both seem much better then him..

Pompey CC - Assist ;)

Anyone who thinks we should leave Sibierski out needs their head seeing too imo. He brings the best out of Martins.

Yeah, i know what you mean mate, i selected my team with Dyer in there instead of Sibi, but i couldn't really make up my mind. Sibierski does bring the best out of Martins, i agree, but i think Dyer works better with the team on the whole. Dyer's certainly a key player for us, and i think it should be all about fitting him somewhere into the team. He doesn't work on the right, and we can't budge Emre and Butt (imo), so he's got to go there.

Like i said in my previous post, Sibi will be a good impact player. Come the 65-70th minute or so that is, not the 86th.

as much as i would love seeing sibi in this match,he won' do alot in it,simply because tottenham's defenders are very good in the air,they are tall,strong,and know how to head a ball away from danger,so using two quick,fast striker will cause them alot more trouble then  sibreski,we can give him the last half hour anyway..

dyer is more of a striker then a winger now days..so using him will be good

luque (was) a bit quick,but i don't see him playing untill he leaves in january..

so martins-dyer will do  well in this match..

No, that's effectivly a 4-5-1 as Dyer isn't a striker.

And Luque is about average in terms of speed, shouldn't even be on the bench mind.

dyer used to play as a striker for england..and just the fact that he is a winger playing as a makeshift striker dosn't make our formation 4-5-1

Dyer isn't a striker. It won't be a 4-4-2 as he won't stay up the field. He will pull back into the midfield as he has been taught. Thus a 4-5-1.

Start with the Sib and Martins. Sib is better with the ball on the floor than Dyer is anyway.