Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Hope ashley is annoyed, f*** al the fat prick can do about it but sit and fewm.

f*** him.

Fake news. Was always middle of May. Bullshit press reporting.

How do you know?

Surely even Ashley would understand the checks that would have to be conducted along with some extra scrutiny because of the politics associated with the new group.  He is sitting on 17 mil none refundable deposit, its nearly complete.

I would put money on a couple different possibilities:

1) All this coronavirus stuff has taken center stage and is stretching the timing out. The Premier League and FA are totally focused on restarting the season and testing and what all that looks like. Not our club getting taken over. 

Or 2) It’s actually been done or is very close to being done and they are trying to time the official announcement in a manner that could coincide with reopening of the city to the public. I highly doubt they want to announce something that will flood the streets with people while on a lockdown.

They are not holding it back because of lockdown ffs. And project restart wouldn't explain why it was nearly done 2 weeks ago, but now keeps facing new delays. People need to stop making scenarios up in their heads.

Could do with a Caulkin tweet today to reassure us as he’s about the only journo I trust to be straight with the situation

He's giving us the buyers side of the story. Whether that is "being straight" isn't down to Caulkin, it's down to how reliable his sources (Staveley's camp) are.

I find it most satisfying that the two posters I associate most with sounding notes of caution are Sean and Penn.  Will never watch any of his films again without thinking that he's just had an offscreen moment in which he tells someone the sale's not going through

Dunno, he’s a child really, I can imagine him fuming at home about wanting his money “I can’t even sell when I want to” type stuff.

He is  a man child but surely even his petty attitude wouldn't scramble this deal with the current economic climate.  It would be weeks and months before another offer or bidder would have their package ready.

Ashley wants it finished and done with because the PL are going to claim television money back and he wants to be gone and clear of things before it comes up (imo)

:lol: what a load of shite

I find it most satisfying that the two posters I associate most with sounding notes of caution are Sean and Penn.  Will never watch any of his films again without thinking that he's just had an offscreen moment in which he tells someone the sale's not going through

Love it  :lol:

Ashley is going to do all he can for this deal to go through.

It's not just about the money he gets from this transaction, it's also about establishing a trusted business relationship with one of the largest investment funds in the world.  If Ashley completes the transaction and is considered trustworthy by PIF then he potentially has access to a massive source of funds for future business opportunities.  He will not want to be seen as the cause of this deal collapsing (especially not because of some man-child temper-tantrum).

It's been nearly complete for 5 weeks  :lol:

It's beyond me how they haven't looked at what they needed to in 5 weeks

Not wanting to give excuses but there are three sets of directors surely as there are 3 investors, time differences between countries, some staff not at work or working at reduced capacity due to where/how they are working.

Other priorities for the league in terms of the virus response and keeping all clubs informed/happy etc."project restart" 

I can see why this process is not a quick glance rubber stamp kind of job, added to the fact its leaked "early" means we dont know if this sort of timescale is normal as we normally are just told they have been taken over.

I am worried and not worried at the minute its a bit conflicting due to lack of information and the only new thing to bounce on in the press is now negative.

Surely the longer this saga drags on the worse it is for us? If they were going to approve it then surely that would have been announced by now. There must be some major issue for it to still be going on.

Maybe I'm going mad but I still think the uncertainty around whether football can come back safely has a lot to do with it as well. It's certainly played some part in this dragging on for so long already hasn't it.

What if they restart and then have to cancel again as players keep getting the virus. It's not beyond the realms of possibility as things stand that football could be cancelled until if and when a vaccine is available.

If it restarts safely in June then maybe that will reassure everyone to conclude it. Time will tell

Dunno, he’s a child really, I can imagine him fuming at home about wanting his money “I can’t even sell when I want to” type stuff.

He is  a man child but surely even his petty attitude wouldn't scramble this deal with the current economic climate.  It would be weeks and months before another offer or bidder would have their package ready.

Aye that’s true, it’s his only chance basically and with football looking the way it is he has to take his money and run but he is who he is

Yeah, think this £340m or whatever it is will be the peak price he’ll ever receive now.

It's almost like it's a massively complex and detailed legal process involving multiple parties occuring during a totally unprecedented international health crisis.

:lol: :thup:

It's almost like it's a massively complex and detailed legal process involving multiple parties occuring during a totally unprecedented international health crisis.

In that case why was it supposedly done and ready to announce this week then? I bet it's still going on in 2 weeks time which will show it was never close to been done this week

In that case why was it supposedly done and ready to announce this week then? I bet it's still going on in 2 weeks time which will show it was never close to been done this week

Because things can change in a massively complex and detailed legal process involving multiple parties occurring during a totally unprecedented international health crisis?

It was actually Wednesday 29th April Staveley's side were briefing journalists they thought they would get approval. 2 weeks ago tomorrow.

It's all just supposedly though MSF, we have never actually had the first idea what's involved or how long this should take in normal conditions or anything.  People have said every week for the last three weeks, "I don't know how it's taken this long" - it's because none of us know how long it takes :lol:

Surely the longer this saga drags on the worse it is for us? If they were going to approve it then surely that would have been announced by now. There must be some major issue for it to still be going on.

Maybe I'm going mad but I still think the uncertainty around whether football can come back safely has a lot to do with it as well. It's certainly played some part in this dragging on for so long already hasn't it.

What if they restart and then have to cancel again as players keep getting the virus. It's not beyond the realms of possibility as things stand that football could be cancelled until if and when a vaccine is available.

If it restarts safely in June then maybe that will reassure everyone to conclude it. Time will tell

I dont think your going mad, well you are going mad in the sense of willing for it to be completed with no concrete information other than statements every so often from the press saying "our understanding is that". It allows massively for you to fill the missing gaps yourself with hope or doom and gloom.

If I was a business willing to invest potentially 500/600 million into something it isnt a short term investment, while the virus may affect the next couple of seasons this isn't a own it for a couple of year and look to move on.

That's not to say that some of the parties may not say enough is enough we will revisit this when it all calms down but again why would they do so at a massive financial loss to themselves?

If we were in the looking at the account phase and seeing about a bid I can totally see why you would walk away due to all of the new variables to consider particularly in terms of the clubs now value, however we passed that tipping point before lock down.

It almost sounds like I am trying to convince myself and in a way I am because no one knows for sure.