Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

That was a canny witless thing to do like [emoji38]  Might get thrown out for prejudice now

Anything visible in a screenshot is unlikely to prejudice the case.  First of all it's not a jury situation and secondly there is no real details visible (i.e. you can't see anything more than the people involved and the room they are in).  The journalist may be slapped with a contempt charge.

No, the prejudice argument would arise from either party arguing that Roan has an agenda and is potentially denying a fair trial with his intervention. I have no idea what he tweeted like, I'm at work :)

He tweeted some screen captures of the court room Internet stream.

Either party may argue that it would prejudice their case but I doubt the judge would rule in their favour (given it's not a jury case and the screen shots were of limited consequence).  Hence, I think the judge may charge the journalist with contempt but not permit the tweet to have any other consequence for the case being heard.

If I was the journalist's lawyer I would argue to the court that because the screenshots were from a publicly available source that all content that he tweeted was already a matter of public record.  That, at its worst, it was a breach of the law in technicality only and not a breach of the law in spirit (that is to say that, his tweet did not violate the privacy or confidentiality of the court, or publish any materials capable of compromising judicial integrity).

I was just about to post that.

Delaney's comment is so weird, almost have to admire the pettiness  :lol:

Think most people have lost their appetite for the takeover nevermind a shit slinging match on twitter with Miguel like.

Guest reefatoon

Proper hilarious the shenanigans in here mind. All the people in favour of the takeover (Delaney is a cunt of the highest order, that's a disgrace!!! blah de blah) Then all the folks not in favour of the takeover (hehe that's funny, nowt wrong with what he said!!! blah de blah)  The lot of you want shot with shit  :lol:

Proper hilarious the shenanigans in here mind. All the people in favour of the takeover (Delaney is a cunt of the highest order, that's a disgrace!!! blah de blah) Then all the folks not in favour of the takeover (hehe that's funny, nowt wrong with what he said!!! blah de blah)  The lot of you want shot with shit  :lol:

Who on here isnt in favour of the takeover?

Who on here isnt in favour of the takeover?

Wullie the Saudi hater init

Does have the attitude of an attention seeking emo. Past the stage of getting wound up by his snide remarks and appreciate that he's probably had a deeply lonely lockdown, and perhaps life.

Feel a bit sorry for him.

I'm not sure whether people realise that outside of the NUFC bubble it's not him that looks deranged either like. :lol:

NUFC fans hanging around a court case which has nothing to do with the club is one thing, but a sports journalist who's doing the same just to bait fans is fucking pathetic. But he's not obsessed and he needs defending from the nasty toon fans.  :lol:

Can anyone provide me a 1 line summary of what this course case is about and why Stavely's giving evidence? Is it related to Barclays?

My interpretation of things is:

• Barclays Bank was on the verge of financial collapse during the GFC;
  • Staveley asserts she put together a consortium of investors to purchase shares in Barclays Bank and thereby provide Barclay's with a large chunk of money so they wouldn't collapse (i.e. to recapitalise the bank) and that Staveley was promised fees/commissions for putting the deal together;
  • Barclays Bank asserts Staveley was not part of the consortium of investors and was only a bit player (e.g. an advisor) and was therefor not entitled to the fees/commissions that Staveley is claiming;
  • Barclay's Bank has not paid Staveley what she believes she is owed; and
  • Staveley is suing Barclay's Bank to get the money she believes she is entitled to (noting that the value of that amount has been inflated by other costs accrued during the non-payment period).

This is as short as I can make it whilst being as technically correct as I can be in simple-ish language.

Can anyone provide me a 1 line summary of what this course case is about and why Stavely's giving evidence? Is it related to Barclays?

My interpretation of things is:

• Barclays Bank was on the verge of financial collapse during the GFC;
  • Staveley asserts she put together a consortium of investors to purchase shares in Barclays Bank and thereby provide Barclay's with a large chunk of money so they wouldn't collapse (i.e. to recapitalise the bank) and that Staveley was promised fees/commissions for putting the deal together;
  • Barclays Bank asserts Staveley was not part of the consortium of investors and was only a bit player (e.g. an advisor) and was therefor not entitled to the fees/commissions that Staveley is claiming;
  • Barclay's Bank has not paid Staveley what she believes she is owed; and
  • Staveley is suing Barclay's Bank to get the money she believes she is entitled to (noting that the value of that amount has been inflated by other costs accrued during the non-payment period).

This is as short as I can make it whilst being as technically correct as I can be in simple-ish language.

Thanks, makes sense. Does the investment capital align with our current buyers, or are they a separate entity ?

I'm not sure whether people realise that outside of the NUFC bubble it's not him that looks deranged either like. :lol:

NUFC fans hanging around a court case which has nothing to do with the club is one thing, but a sports journalist who's doing the same just to bait fans is fucking pathetic. But he's not obsessed and he needs defending from the nasty toon fans.  :lol:

I don't think he needs defending, I'm just saying that it's not him that's seen as being  this, that, and the other outside of our NUFC bubble.

I don't think he needs defending, I'm just saying that it's not him that's seen as being  this, that, and the other outside of our NUFC bubble.

Well you've come in attacking the fans which is very much a roundabout way of defending him. He's a cunt playing a cunts trick and has been throughout. He's had a lot of stick and tbh, its now fully deserved. He baits, gets personal, doesn't answer valid questions and blocks those who wind him up in return. He stalks anything NUFC (such as court cases of a prospective owner and antagonises with childish comments) and regurgitates it moulded in to what fits his agenda against the fans and club. It used to be about the takeover, that ship has sailed, its now personal, but it was him who forced it down that route. He's no better than Katie Hopkins, stating inflammatory comments to rile a group up then cry off when he's personally attacked.

Who outside the NUFC bubble thinks him baiting the fans is fair play? Either fans of other clubs or journo's with the same shite patter than him are excluded as to their biased. I've seen the likes of Caulkin take him to town on his comments, was quite funny as he couldn't just brush him off or block him like he does with others.

I don't really care what other clubs fans think.

I've zero interest in being football friends with other clubs

That's not the point, it's about some (particularly on Twitter) maybe needing to take a step back and think about what the way they're going on. 

I don't really care what other clubs fans think.

I've zero interest in being football friends with other clubs

That's not the point, it's about some (particularly on Twitter) maybe needing to take a step back and think about what the way they're going on.

Yes, his name is Miguel.  :lol: