Hi all

thought our line up for the spurs match was superb

so i would go with it for bolton

Given (if fit,if not then god help us)

Solano  Ramage  Taylor  Huntington

Milner    Butt      Parker        Emre

Dyer        Martins

Subs

Fraser Forster/Pav (depending on given's fitness)

Luque

Sibreski

Rossi

Edgar

and i wouldnt bring anyone from the injured players back,unless its Owen or zoggy  blueyes.gif

thought?

Dont forget the whole 4 games in 9 days thing too. Might be worth resting Dyer and having him play against Everton and Man U instead. Tricky to balance it all.

yes i know,but then again we have a good chance of winning here then in those two games,so trying to take all 3 points here will be good,we can play luque-sibreski upfront (wich of course will never going to happen)/trying rossi here won't work because bolton are an extremely physical team and lets face it,he is not the most physical of players,Martins is the type of player that can play back to back matchs,so having him here will be important

so with resting players,i say we should start:

Pav

Solano  Taylor   Ramage   Huntington

Milner   Parker         Emre     Duff (if fit)

Sibreski          Martins

But as i said,3 points here seem more realstic,and we should take full advantage of that

Oh dear we have duplicate threads, made by the soccer master and deep - talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place

Say what  blueupset.gif

i wrote this one yesterday  blueyes.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,34330.0.html

Yes you started yours first, but I wasn't disputing that. I'm saying I don't know who I dislike more  :thup:

Guest Deep456

Oh dear we have duplicate threads, made by the soccer master and deep - talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place

Say what blueupset.gif

i wrote this one yesterday blueyes.gif

Merge them but I want it to say made by me though.  tongue.gif Only joking.  bluebigrazz.gif

we will need a strong, fiesty midfield against Bolton, Emre on the left would be a good idea as would parker and Butt both starting in the middle. Milner has been scrappy at times on the right so he too would be good to start. I'm stuck between dyer and martins or sib and Martins. I'm tempted to say sib because i think dyer and martins could be a little too lightweight. We'll need a bit of strength if we are going to "out Bolton, Bolton", get Sib to do a similar job to what Davies does for Bolton. Notice how these quick teams have hit problems at the Reebok in the past e.g  Arsenal?

I fancy 2-1 as long as Dyer + Given play...

...............Jaaskelainen..........

Hunt Ben Haim Faye Gardner?

..................Campo................

............Nolan....Speed.........

Anelka..................Pederson

..................Davies................

Probably. I fancy our chances if we can use the width. Nolan, Speed and Campo are likely to stay narrow so it will be important to keep it wide and not try to force it through a narrow midfield.

Hunty will probably line up against Anelka or Diouf so it will be important for Emre to double up on him. Parker will have to watch the three midfielders movement in attacks making sure Speed is picked up in the box and Campo gets no time on the ball outside the area.

We just got to watch Anelka and Diouf. This will be a very important game for the defence as the attacks will be coming from 3 forward players. Hopefully Pederson will play as he is less mobile and less likely to give Nobby some gip. Hunty will have to be on the top of his game to keep Diouf quiet. Probably have to have a chat with Emre to track back and stay wide as against spuds he left Hunty exposed on occasion. Butt will have to sit deep and Parker will have to keep Nolan busy.

I think the best tactic would be to sit fairly deep and play on the counter using Butt as a pivot point in the attacks spreading the ball wide which then can move the ball into advanced positions to feet allowing Dyer and Oba to run at their slow centerbacks.

Good luck lads :)

Problem with that Nazza is we tried that against Watford and Sib hardly got a touch. No point in trying to beat Bolton at their own game, so it's Dyer and Martins for me, pace against brutality. Sib will be eaten up by Meite/Faye/Campo

Guest Deep456

Say what blueupset.gif

i wrote this one yesterday blueyes.gif

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php/topic,34330.0.html

Yes you started yours first, but I wasn't disputing that. I'm saying I don't know who I dislike more :thup:

I love you too.

Problem with that Nazza is we tried that against Watford and Sib hardly got a touch. No point in trying to beat Bolton at their own game, so it's Dyer and Martins for me, pace against brutality. Sib will be eaten up by Meite/Faye/Campo

Didn't we succeed in doing it at SJP though only for 2 defensive errors to totally bollocks it up (of which neither of them actually were down to our style of play).

Guest Deep456

Super.

It was a reaction to reading what your wrote in Lloydies thread, I think the phrase is "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Going by his schooling his house is made of Gold tbh.

Nah it's made of Brick but has two rubies in the chimney. bluebigrazz.gif