Shevtenko

Rob W

Someone on 5Live was saying he was sitting next to the dugout on Wednesday and Shevtenko was brilliant - he signed every programme and autograph book that was passed to him from the crowd

Nice to see someone who remembers who pays his wages

Kind of on the same sorta topic... but i was wondering about this particular issue yesterday, when i saw that Thierry Henry was sat watching the game from the sidelines, despite having a fairly significant injury.

Does Owen go to the Newcastle games? :?

Kind of on the same sorta topic... but i was wondering about this particular issue yesterday, when i saw that Thierry Henry was sat watching the game from the sidelines, despite having a fairly significant injury.

Does Owen go to the Newcastle games? :?

Seen him at a couple.

Guest the_serbian_mag

Sheva is a great player and I feel sory for him for all the stick he gets. England can be unfair to foreign talents.

I mean, Harewood and Zamora starting for West Ham, with Calros Fkin Tevez on the bench!!! A talented footballer on the bench and two lumberjacks playing. Feck.

Never mind tho :)

Guest mishka17

well, he supposed to become fookin goal machine, but like many times before he just can't adjust in EPL ... shame for chel$ski... good for others tongue.gif

Guest Alan Shearer 9

well, he supposed to become fookin goal machine, but like many times before he just can't adjust in EPL ... shame for chel$ski... good for others tongue.gif

Actually watching him I think he is being denied of the service he requires and would expect from a team such as Chelsea. His movement off the ball is so intelligent and he just doesn't get the ball played to him early enough. I still think he's a great player and given different handling could be a force in this league imo.

Guest Moe-Ali

Actually watching him I think he is being denied of the service he requires and would expect from a team such as Chelsea. His movement off the ball is so intelligent and he just doesn't get the ball played to him early enough. I still think he's a great player and given different handling could be a force in this league imo.

Very true

Guest mishka17

fair enough

Guest POWNATS

Martin Oneil said it during the world cup

"shevchenko is the most overrated player in the world"

have to say i agree with him

Guest thompers

Wasn't that Ibrahimovic?

O'Neill was probably pissed during most of the World Cup, a theory which is supported if he made such a ridiculous statement. Shevtenko (or whatever) is a top class player.

O'Neill was probably pissed during most of the World Cup, a theory which is supported if he made such a ridiculous statement. Shevtenko (or whatever) is a top class player.

He definitely said it about Ibrahimovic though mate.

Shevchenko will come good IMO.

I remember last season and the one before, when everyone said that Drogba was shite and a waste of money, that Chelsea needed a top class striker to replace him. He put in some dodgy performances in big games (like the CL semi-final against Liverpool) and suddenly it was all Drogba's fault and he was a heap of shit. They're probably the same people who now say he's the best in the world.

Shevchenko is an amazing striker but for whatever reason it's just not happening for him at the moment. I think he'll finish the season strongly though and perhaps next season he will show his true colours. He's probably already seen his best days but he can still be a top class player.

To be fair to the media darliing, Ibrahimovic did have a shite world cup.

To be fair to the media darliing, Ibrahimovic did have a shite world cup.

He was awful all of last season as well, was fantastic in his first year at Juve mind.

I honestly dont think Sheva will play to his full potential at Chelsea until Drogba is injured or asassinated.

I think the two could form an excellent partnership if they were given a run together in a 4-4-2 with two lively wingers (say Robben and Joe Cole) on the flanks. This would require two of Makelele/Essien/Lampard/Ballack to be dropped though and that's not gonna happen.