Graeme Jones

loki679

1 hour ago, reefatoon said:

[emoji38] embarrassing, such a dramatic explanation. Always find that word funny like, especially for comments on football forums. Wonder if it was in the pub and people discussing things, that they would be sitting in the corner with a face like a tomato.

Last 3 games for Jones [not a manager] 2 draws away from home and a home defeat by the reigning European Champions and league leaders.

Deserves all the criticism.

Last 3 games for Rafa? A home defeat and a home draw and an away defeat. Doesn't deserve the criticism he's getting from the Everton famns.

People need to figure out who the fuck they are.

Probably a good coach, appears to be highly thought of by absolutely everyone - but he’s a crap manager based on his team selections and tactics.

We got two points but that was mainly due to the opposition being poor rather than us playing well.

There are numerous examples of coaches/assistant managers failing as managers, he’s not an exception.

If he sticks around I don’t see it as a problem at all, seems a decent bloke and talks well too. But thankfully he’ll not be in charge for the next match.

Guest reefatoon
2 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

Last 3 games for Jones [not a manager] 2 draws away from home and a home defeat by the reigning European Champions and league leaders.

Deserves all the criticism.

Last 3 games for Rafa? A home defeat and a home draw and an away defeat. Doesn't deserve the criticism he's getting from the Everton famns.

People need to figure out who the fuck they are.

And Steve Bruce got 2 points out of his last 4 games. So what.

It’s the way we went about the games that people are criticising. Spunking a couple of jammy draws while we have 10 men behind the ball and 20% possession, playing the exact same way Steve Bruce did (while he got universally slated by the fans for it) certainly doesn’t deserve praise. That’s what people are saying much to the dismay of the perma flushed.

22 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

And Steve Bruce got 2 points out of his last 4 games. So what.

It’s the way we went about the games that people are criticising. Spunking a couple of jammy draws while we have 10 men behind the ball and 20% possession, playing the exact same way Steve Bruce did (while he got universally slated by the fans for it) certainly doesn’t deserve praise. That’s what people are saying much to the dismay of the perma flushed.

I'm not sure what your point is about Bruce, but the fact you havre to alter the only metric in the argument I'll assume you're full of shite.

Point is this is Bruce's team, not Jones'. If you're looking for anything different from a coach who has been working alongside for the past 8 months or whatever, you're going to be disappointed. 

Just compare where we are now to where we would have been with another 3 weeks of Bruce [or one of the other Steves] and be fucking grateful Jones was there.

It goes without saying we all wish we'd had Pep putting out the cones bt for some reason he was occupied elsewhere.

Edited by Happinesstan

4 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I believe I explained that in the bit you took the effort to edit out.

You said compare where we are now to another 3 weeks of Bruce?

How are any of the possitives of this from Jones? He took over and did shite.

I don't blame him for being a shit manager I just found the way he went about it on matchday bizzare, there are no possitives to take away from it.

3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Would you rather Bruce was still in charge? Because that is the only realistic alternative. Do you not think the squad are in a much better position to hand over to Howe?

Bruce not being in charge has nothing to do with Jones. His 3 games with the squad have left us in no better state than if Bruce was here.

We're ij a better state now because Howe is probably in. Not because Jones had the team playing like cowards.

I don't even know what you're getting at with this?

Guest reefatoon
5 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I'm not sure what your point is about Bruce, but the fact you havre to alter the only metric in the argument I'll assume you're full of shite.

Point is this is Bruce's team, not Jones'. If you're looking for anything different from a coach who has been working alongside for the past 8 months or whatever, you're going to be disappointed. 

Just compare where we are now to where we would have been with another 3 weeks of Bruce [or one of the other Steves] and be fucking grateful Jones was there.

It goes without saying we all wish we'd had Pep putting out the cones bt for some reason he was occupied elsewhere.

Well yes, you would think he might try something a little different, not stick with the complete failings of the previous manager, which had us winless (and we still are). 

Why would I be grateful of someone playing the same style, same formation and probably ended up with the same amount of points (I can’t be certain of that just like you can’t be certain we wouldn’t have picked up a couple of draws if Bruce was still there).

For me, he was part of the team massively underperforming this season which has been churning out shite football, so if it’s alright by you I don’t think I will be grateful cheers. Looks like he is staying, so hopefully he doesn’t show too much influence, and Howe and some fresh coaches can come in and implement something different to try and give us a chance of staying up.

Luckily it looks like we have a new manager now as playing the way we have been, we would have lost a lot more than drew.

Guest reefatoon
9 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Would you rather Bruce was still in charge? Because that is the only realistic alternative. Do you not think the squad are in a much better position to hand over to Howe?

So be grateful he isn’t Bruce, even though he played the exact same style football and scraped a couple of draws. Mad way of thinking.

Much better position? Really? Thought you said he couldn’t change anything in the short time he was there? Now he has them in a much better position. Odd

Edited by reefatoon

Guest reefatoon
3 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

We've just given the best second half performance for a long time and if a butterfly had burped in Bombay we might have won it at the end. two weeks of five days training has enabled that.

And I think he had a word in his ear about that as he hadn’t changed a thing in formation in those three games. 45 minutes of shite watched by the new incoming manager, then all of a sudden we come out the second half playing further up the pitch for the first time in ages.

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

And I think he had a word in his ear about that as he hadn’t changed a thing in formation in those three games. 45 minutes of shite watched by the new incoming manager, then all of a sudden we come out the second half playing further up the pitch for the first time in ages.

Aye he came in and had a word and all of a sudden their lack of conditioning disappeared. Fuck me we'll be fit as fuck by January.

Guest reefatoon
30 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Aye he came in and had a word and all of a sudden their lack of conditioning disappeared. Fuck me we'll be fit as fuck by January.

That wasn’t just conditioning that transformed the second half, it was moving further up the pitch, changing tactically and trying to be a threat instead of sitting so deep and letting them have all the ball. Just because they have been running more in training doesn’t account for the change in how we tackled the second half. 

17 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

That wasn’t just conditioning that transformed the second half, it was moving further up the pitch, changing tactically and trying to be a threat instead of sitting so deep and letting them have all the ball. Just because they have been running more in training doesn’t account for the change in how we tackled the second half. 

I never said it was. I assumed you would know something about game management. I gave you too much credit.

I think weve been too harsh on Jones tbh.

Yes the footballs been shite, yes players were out of position, etc etc but the teams been like this for 2 years. There was probably no point in Jones trying to impose his own philosophy on the team only for a new manager to come in and change it all again.

Jones has probably thought that Ill keep the system (if Brucies way can be called that) that the players are used to and concentrate of the fitness side so that their ready for the newmanager coming in.

Willock is injured and only played with injections so that limits his central midfield options. Lewis is either crapper than we thought or lacking in confidence so Dummett would normally step in but hes injured too.

Dubs might still be working on his fitness following his long term injury so the alternative is Karlo.

The fitness issues in the squad were the most glaring issue and Bruce deserved sacking just for starting the season with unfit players,  this alone was absolutely inexcusable. To a large degree, Jones has been shat on by a shit manager and a lack of quality depth caused by years of decline.

Still couldve played Schar though...

Guest reefatoon
11 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I never said it was. I assumed you would know something about game management. I gave you too much credit.

It’s all about opinions, that’s what keeps things interesting. Always find it amusing when folks resort to petty ridicule when they run out of anything sensible to say. Well done.