The Comedy on GG Chat thread

Turnbull2000

I hope we can have a nice debate about what ever you think i said was out of line. I don;t think saying King is better than Ramage and our defensive unit is stronger is too far off the mark?

Welcome. Maybe you can start by explaining why you believe your defensive unit is so strong when you've been able to play pretty much your first choice defense for the vast majority of the season and have conceded the same number of goals in the league as our injury-ravaged makeshift one?

I'm not saying we have not conceeded this season, i am basing my judgement on what we could have conceeded at stages. We have conceeded in alot of games this season for some reason or another (alot of long rangers, maybe from where we are missing carrick) but last season the same central partnership was immense. I don;t think that fgorm was temporary and tose two do have true class. Ledley has been injured and playing at 80% for quite a few matches. Althogh davenport has done enough he definately weakens and makes for a nervous defence at times.

Obviously your defence is also unsettled but looking at the two defences on paper i do think we have the better defence

Paper defences dont stop goals.

We've had games (at least 5-6) were we've had a back four consisting of midfeilders and youth players, so stop with the king at 80% shite, its pathetic.

did i not mention that your defence has been injured? yes it has been very hard for you

But that does not take away anything from kings injuries

basically whose central defence would you rather have?

Neither tbh.

You have one good player, and we have one good player, the rest are shit, and yes am including Dawson, because he's just an on form Bramble at best.

I'll take anything you've got in the fullback position each side over what we have though.

Maybe its all down to the blob of a keeper you have in nets?

Well it must be mustn't it?  :lol:

Robbo has been average at best since the world cup, its startint to annoy me because i know he is capable of more. Shay Given is better shot stopper thats for sure. I was in hospital with Shay when he had his stomach op (just in case you were wondering for any strange reason)

Dawson is fucking brilliant player don;t ever compare him to bramble at any level!!!!! and king is excellent

both are England squad members and bramble would;nt get near england, even if he was on top form. lets be realistic here.

Dawson is fucking shite.

I hope we can have a nice debate about what ever you think i said was out of line. I don;t think saying King is better than Ramage and our defensive unit is stronger is too far off the mark?

Welcome. Maybe you can start by explaining why you believe your defensive unit is so strong when you've been able to play pretty much your first choice defense for the vast majority of the season and have conceded the same number of goals in the league as our injury-ravaged makeshift one?

I'm not saying we have not conceeded this season, i am basing my judgement on what we could have conceeded at stages. We have conceeded in alot of games this season for some reason or another (alot of long rangers, maybe from where we are missing carrick) but last season the same central partnership was immense. I don;t think that fgorm was temporary and tose two do have true class. Ledley has been injured and playing at 80% for quite a few matches. Althogh davenport has done enough he definately weakens and makes for a nervous defence at times.

Obviously your defence is also unsettled but looking at the two defences on paper i do think we have the better defence

Last season in your best ever premiership finish your imense central partnership conceeded a whopping 4 less goals than ours which was almost as injury hit last year (but not to the current extremes), and we had to put up with Souness for half the season!

so what are you trying to say?

we are not comparing ourselves to newcastle at every step of the way.

It was stalteri that cost us alot of goals last season but daws and king won us alot of games tbh

p.s. i'm nbot the type to come on gloating after a victory ( although i think it will be a draw)

Well you were in the post I quoted: "I don;t think saying King is better than Ramage and our defensive unit is stronger is too far off the mark?"

I'm trying to say that your defense isn't as good as you seem to think it is, even when compared to one as allegedly shambolic [TM association of football pundits] as ours, and backing it up with facts rather than opinion.

Guest plankspurs

but the facts will be much more deep than that

we can look atwhere the goals were scored from, were the midfield at fault for leaving too much of a void between defence and midfield to allow long range shots etc etc

only reason i compared king to ramage is because he was comapared to king

Last season in your best ever premiership finish your imense central partnership conceeded a whopping 4 less goals than ours which was almost as injury hit last year (but not to the current extremes), and we had to put up with Souness for half the season!

so what are you trying to say?

we are not comparing ourselves to newcastle at every step of the way.

It was stalteri that cost us alot of goals last season but daws and king won us alot of games tbh

p.s. i'm nbot the type to come on gloating after a victory ( although i think it will be a draw)

Well you were in the post I quoted: "I don;t think saying King is better than Ramage and our defensive unit is stronger is too far off the mark?"

I'm trying to say that your defense isn't as good as you seem to think it is, even when compared to one as allegedly shambolic [TM association of football pundits] as ours, and backing it up with facts rather than opinion.

"Dawson is f***ing brilliant player don;t ever compare him to bramble at any level!!!!! and king is excellent"

You see when I think about us playing against you lot I'd highlight Dawson as being one of your weaknesses, he's excellent in the air but is one of the slowest CB's in the league which is something that can be taken advantage of, pace isn't everything but he doesn't have a great footballing brain to make up for it.

Glenn Roeder also noticed this which is why he changed the formation of the team to play Dyer and Martins up front, both scored within the first 7 minutes.

King and Dawson seem a good partnership however Dawson looks awful when partnered with anyone else, that suggests Ledley is making him look better than he is, as for him being in the England squad I'd say that was down to injuries as he certainly isn't an International standard defender IMO.