Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Having slept on it I'm still worried about relegation. It was the manner of the defeat more than anything else.

We stumbled across the finishing line last season, we were atrocious. We needed 37 games to ensure survival and the players looked like they'd given up on Pardew and the most worrying thing about last night was the fact that absolutely nothing has changed from March, April, May. Same players, same manager, same coaches, same 'tactics', same lack of discipline, lack of enthusiasm, lack of possession, lack of threat etc. Nothing has changed so I'm expecting us to struggle this season as badly as we did last.

Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results. We're in fucking trouble. 

I'd say I'm a 5, the club has been on a downer for the best part of 12 months but we might do better than 4 or 5 other teams, particularly if we fluke out and get a proper manager in. The worry has basically continued from last season mind which is, erm, worrying.

You have easily enough good players to not be anywhere near the relegation places.

Watching the match last night it was pretty gobsmacking to see largely the same bunch of players turn out such a half-arsed, not bothered, unmotivated performance, much as they did last season.

When you were making signings last year, you were the envy of a good chunk of the league for having identified so many decent French players, and then the same last January when you brought in Sissoko. I specifically remember, for example, on numerous occasions as the January window closed and you and us were both struggling, hearing Villa fans reflect that you had successfully bought yourselves out of trouble.

You need new faces in now, that's obvious, but there is a long way from that state of affairs to what you have now, which is somehow managing to fashion out of a decent squad of players, a side which looks like considerably less than the sum of its parts.

Baffling.

If you are baffled, we'll swap you managers...

I think you'll soon get your head around it then....

Having slept on it I'm still worried about relegation. It was the manner of the defeat more than anything else.

We stumbled across the finishing line last season, we were atrocious. We needed 37 games to ensure survival and the players looked like they'd given up on Pardew and the most worrying thing about last night was the fact that absolutely nothing has changed from March, April, May. Same players, same manager, same coaches, same 'tactics', same lack of discipline, lack of enthusiasm, lack of possession, lack of threat etc. Nothing has changed so I'm expecting us to struggle this season as badly as we did last.

Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results. We're in f***ing trouble. 

Pretty much. 

Where are goals going to come from?  Where are clean sheets going to come from? We concede, we give up, we score, we try to defend the rest of the game and let them batter us until they inevitably break us down.  We have a manager that makes excuses before the game's kicked off, and we walk onto the pitch already defeated.  Where are the points to keep us up going to come from?

Where are goals going to come from?  Where are clean sheets going to come from? We concede, we give up, we score, we try to defend the rest of the game and let them batter us until they inevitably break us down.  We have a manager that makes excuses before the game's kicked off, and we walk onto the pitch already defeated.  Where are the points to keep us up going to come from?

I cant see anything else but a change of mangers to at least try and get the players together as a unit again.

I'm starting to see similar lines to his west ham days.

Guest neesy111

3 touches in the opposition box.  Where are the goals going to come from if we can't effectively play ourselves into the box?

Guest icemanblue

3 touches in the opposition box.  Where are the goals going to come from if we can't effectively play ourselves into the box?

That's one game, neesy.

I'd say I'm a 5, the club has been on a downer for the best part of 12 months but we might do better than 4 or 5 other teams, particularly if we fluke out and get a proper manager in. The worry has basically continued from last season mind which is, erm, worrying.

You have easily enough good players to not be anywhere near the relegation places.

Watching the match last night it was pretty gobsmacking to see largely the same bunch of players turn out such a half-arsed, not bothered, unmotivated performance, much as they did last season.

When you were making signings last year, you were the envy of a good chunk of the league for having identified so many decent French players, and then the same last January when you brought in Sissoko. I specifically remember, for example, on numerous occasions as the January window closed and you and us were both struggling, hearing Villa fans reflect that you had successfully bought yourselves out of trouble.

You need new faces in now, that's obvious, but there is a long way from that state of affairs to what you have now, which is somehow managing to fashion out of a decent squad of players, a side which looks like considerably less than the sum of its parts.

Baffling.

See 2008/2009 - Although there was the turmoil to go along with it, the parallels are there in many respects.

To stand any chance of staying up we need to change managers now...this is the guy who preceded over west hams worst run of defeats in 70 years

I honestly think lose to west ham then knocked out of the cup by mighty morecambe. Then he should go

Baffling.

See 2008/2009 - Although there was the turmoil to go along with it, the parallels are there in many respects.

Absolutely. There are a disturbing number of similarities IMO, including the lack of heart from the players.

bit daft to judge us after 1 game against a freak show that I think would have won against anyone in the league last night. Give it half a dozen games before I say 8.

I would normally go along with that except for the team has not moved on from last season, its a continutation of the same mistakes. 

bit daft to judge us after 1 game against a freak show that I think would have won against anyone in the league last night. Give it half a dozen games before I say 8.

Again, when so little has changed why is it daft to Judge us?

seriously?  judge us after a few games against teams around the middle of the league.

seriously?  judge us after a few games against teams around the middle of the league.

Teams that have improved themselves more than we have? I'm not saying we're doomed but we are in proper trouble as things stand.

Teams that have improved themselves more than we have? I'm not saying we're doomed but we are in proper trouble as things stand.

Im not sure, Man City are no measure of us, we have maybe 2 players that would get near thier 11. they spend infinetely more money than us, and can do that 4 -0 to far better sides. dont get me wrong- Im a long way from happy- but relegation? need to see more games.

Guest icemanblue

Im not sure, Man City are no measure of us, we have maybe 2 players that would get near thier 11. they spend infinetely more money than us, and can do that 4 -0 to far better sides. dont get me wrong- Im a long way from happy- but relegation? need to see more games.

:thup:

No, but our performance last night is both a measure and continuation of us.

Apaprently its ok to go to places like city, chelsea, liverpool, man utd, arsenal and be fed a shit sarnie and accept it.  Swansea seem to go to these places and give a "good account" of themselves.  We dont have win, tho i would love it.  But for the love of god, at least look like a team, a team that has a plan.

:lol:

Apaprently its ok to go to places like city, chelsea, liverpool, man utd, arsenal and be fed a shit sarnie and accept it.  Swansea seem to go to these places and give a "good account" of themselves.  We dont have win, tho i would love it.  But for the love of god, at least look like a team, a team that has a plan.

Even the mackems go and give them a fight.

Guest icemanblue

Swansea got howked by Man Utd, at home, the weekend gone.

Think gimp was referring to them actually having a go (17 shots on Man Utd's goal, to Man Utd's 15 on Swansea's goal. 6 on target, compared to Man Utd's 7).

They competed and in that fact it can't be compared to our showing. Once again, inochi shows his knowledge of football to be purely based on results.