Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I'm a 10 - given our performances recently there is no way in my opinion we will beat Fulham and I think we will even struggle against Boro - I think overall up to this point we have been one of the three worst teams in the league and unless something dramtically changes over the next 3 games, will merit relegation.

Looking at the remaining games outside of our own games there are three games that are crucial for us:

Hull's home game with Stoke, if Hull win that we will have our work cut out to catch them. Boro's home game against Villa, I can really see them winning that one and if they avoid defeat against us, they could still save themselves. The mackems away game to pompey, pompey's mentality will be key, I have a feeling they will be in cruise control by the time that one comes around and a Mackem win probably gets them safe.

We are getting to the point where we are close to mathematically being down. Sunderland and Hull win this weekend and we lose, and Hull will need just one more point to send us down. If the players don't realise now that they need to fight for their premiership lives then they truely are a lost cause.

I'm a 10 - given our performances recently there is no way in my opinion we will beat Fulham and I think we will even struggle against Boro - I think overall up to this point we have been one of the three worst teams in the league and unless something dramtically changes over the next 3 games, will merit relegation.

i agree with the bold but one thing i've thought since shearer turned up is a win will change things dramatically - beat 'boro by any means on monday then the fixtures are good to us in that fulham will be up next and i think after a win we'd go out and beat fulham personally

should we do that then 'boro, the mackems & hull win the games afar says it'll be the unluckiest relegation in the history of the league and it simply won't happen - no way all three of them will win those games, best case one of them will hit a run and that still leaves us a decent chance

i reckon stoke/hull will be a draw, the mackems lose then 'boro game will then be even more crucial

According to Right Result the three worst teams have been Stoke, Sunderland and West Brom.

Form over the season we're the third worst team. Form over the last 10 games puts us second worst I think.

The reason we will go down (if we go down) is that unlike previous seasons where we have been close, we haven't picked up the extra points from home fixtures against teams such as Hull, Wigan, Blackburn and Stoke. If we had won just half of those games we would most likely stay up.

Like Ian says there's very little difference between the bottom six sides, other then luck that is, something that's dragged the likes of Stoke and Sunderland out of the bottom three and put us right in there.

Like Ian says there's very little difference between the bottom six sides, other then luck that is, something that's dragged the likes of Stoke and Sunderland out of the bottom three and put us right in there.

yeah, its lucky for stoke thier players care,...its unlucky for us ours dont give as shit,.... Luck plays a part.

yeah, its lucky for stoke thier players care,...its unlucky for us ours dont give as shit,.... Luck plays a part.

Well that as well like :)  But I was talking about the decisions that have gone for them and against us.  Stoke have five points more then they should have this season and we have five less then we should according to rightresult.net.

I'm not going to complain that its unfair if we go down, because we should be good enough to stay up despite luck, but I'm not going to pretend that luck hasn't played a part either.

That rightresult website is a pile of shite tbf.

What makes it a pile of shite then?

Well unless it only counts decisions that were made right on the final whistle, they can't possibly predict what would have happened in a match just by pulling out one goal or whatever. The course of the game may have been completely different.

It's ridiculously simplistic, and as a result a complete waste of time.

Well obviously they can't see the past and future and know how every game would change based on decisions during the game, that doesn't make it shite for fuck sake :dowie:  It just means you shouldn't take it 100% literally.  I mean if we were 1:0 down against Villa needing a draw to stay up and we got a goal disallowed incorrectly I doubt anyone here would be saying "ah but if it was allowed Villa may have scored again"..  All it does is give you a good indicating of what kind of crucial decisions sides have had go for and against them during the season.  I think we'll all agree we've had some bad decisions go against us, however its interesting to see what other clubs have had the rub of the green or otherwise and that site seems like the best source available for that info.

Guest palnese

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=643825&&&cc=5739

An Arsenal fan hung himself following his team's 4-1 aggregate drubbing by arch-rivals Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final, police said.

Empics

Arsenal lost 3-1 to United in the second leg of their semi-final tie.

Suleiman Alphonso Omondi, a 29-year-old Kenyan living in the capital Nairobi's Embakasi neighbourhood, hanged himself in his Arsenal shirt after the match.

"We were watching the match at Bamba 70 pub, and when Arsenal was defeated, Suleiman just walked out in protest and he was crying," Calvin Otieno, one of his friends, said.

"We didn't know he was going to hang himself until this morning when we received the reports and came here to find his body at the balcony," Otieno said outside the deceased's home.

Arsenal slumped to a 3-1 defeat at home in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final, capping a disappointing season for the Gunners who were already out of the Premier League title race early in the season.

imagine if we go down..

I was referring to you claiming we 'should have' x many points or whatever.

I said according to that site we should have five more which shows that we've been unlucky and Stoke have been lucky this season.  I don't literally think we deserve exactly five points more or anything.

I was referring to you claiming we 'should have' x many points or whatever.

Ah right, I said according to that site we should have five more, in other words that site says we've been unlucky and Stoke have been lucky, no way would I claim we should literally have five points more though.

:thup:

I edited my post a bit because I realise you didn't claim it as such. It might be a decent source of info on dodgy decisions, fair enough. I just find the concept of changing the results to the 'right result' in such a simple way a load of rubbish.

Guest BooBoo

We've as much chance of staying up as a badly placed priceless vase in a "Beadle's About" sketch where some clown is left in charge of a china shop and a family of gruesomely obese buffoons pay a visit.