Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Think the result tonight was good for our chances, considering sunderlands trip to chelsea the last day.

You'd think so. But we'll need to win the Boro and Fulham games to have any real chance of finishing above Sunderland, not going to happen sadly

Where are you expecting Sunderland to get points from?

i'm expecting Sunderland to stay on 35 points

meaning we need at least 5 to finish above them, given their superior goal difference. Not going to happen imo

It would take a heavy loss in our 3rd game for us to win one, draw one and lose one and not overtake Sunderlands GD if they lose all 3 of their games

they'll lose by 1 in each of their games and we'll lose 2-0/3-0 at Villa imo

Think the result tonight was good for our chances, considering sunderlands trip to chelsea the last day.

You'd think so. But we'll need to win the Boro and Fulham games to have any real chance of finishing above Sunderland, not going to happen sadly

meaning we need at least 5 to finish above them, given their superior goal difference. Not going to happen imo

It would take a heavy loss in our 3rd game for us to win one, draw one and lose one and not overtake Sunderlands GD if they lose all 3 of their games

they'll lose by 1 or 2 in each of their games and we'll lose 2-0 at Villa imo

We'd be mathematically certain to stay up in that case, assuming we get 4 points from our other two games.

So you're saying we need two wins because we're definitely going to lose 3:0 at Villa?  That's a bit odd.  Personally I'd say that if we went into the villa game on the same points as Sunderland with a better goal difference and with them playing Chelsea then we'd have a real chance.  I think everyone here would jump at that scenario right now.

So you're saying we need two wins because we're definitely going to lose 3:0 at Villa?  That's a bit odd.  Personally I'd say that if we went into the villa game on the same points as Sunderland with a better goal difference and with them playing Chelsea then we'd have a real chance.  I think everyone here would jump at that scenario right now.

How odd that one of our "supporters" can think that way.

But thats not true.

As said, if sunderland get no more points and manage to ONLY lose every game 1-0. We manage to catch them up on points, only win our game 1-0 & get a draw. At the very least we have to lose by 3 clear goals at villa...for sunlun to not go below us. If we're equal we stay up because we've scored more.

Anyway, even then its unlikely they'll only lose each game 1-0. Their next game is bolton who they lost to earlier in the season 4-1, they also play chelsea. Dont see why 4 points probably wouldnt be enough if they dont win anymore, it probably would.

Hull haven't won at home for a canny while but I fancy them to sneak a win against a Stoke, whom I reckon will take their foot off the pedal a bit. Think we'll have to catch Sunderland instead of Hull, I've watched them a bit lately and there's a lot of plusses for us to take - their front two look like they've never played with each other before, their skipper Dean Whitehead is definitely not good enough, Ferdinand at the back looks an accident waiting to happen and both Fulop and Craig Gordon when fit (doesn't look one bit like a £9m pound keeper) are dodgy. Can't see them getting anything away to Bolton on current form.

If BOTH Hull and Sunderland win we are really left with a mountain and a half to climb and I can't see us pulling it off if that happens.

But thats not true.

As said, if sunderland get no more points and manage to ONLY lose every game 1-0. We manage to catch them up on points, only win our game 1-0 & get a draw. At the very least we have to lose by 3 clear goals at villa...for sunlun to not go below us. If we're equal we stay up because we've scored more.

Anyway, even then its unlikely they'll only lose each game 1-0. Their next game is bolton who they lost to earlier in the season 4-1, they also play chelsea. Dont see why 4 points probably wouldnt be enough if they dont win anymore, it probably would.

truth be told, weighing up their fixtures it's a little optermistic of me to expect them to finish on 35

Hull haven't won at home for a canny while but I fancy them to sneak a win against a Stoke, whom I reckon will take their foot off the pedal a bit. Think we'll have to catch Sunderland instead of Hull, I've watched them a bit lately and there's a lot of plusses for us to take - their front two look like they've never played with each other before, their skipper Dean Whitehead is definitely not good enough, Ferdinand at the back looks an accident waiting to happen and both Fulop and Craig Gordon when fit (doesn't look one bit like a £9m pound keeper) are dodgy. Can't see them getting anything away to Bolton on current form.

If BOTH Hull and Sunderland win we are really left with a mountain and a half to climb and I can't see us pulling it off if that happens.

This weekend could very well be the weekend that seals our fate. As you say if Sunderalnad and Hull win, then it looks very difficult for us, if that's coupled with a failure to pick up 3 pts against Boro then we are effectively down, lets hope than scenario does not pan out.

'Lawro' has all of the bottom five clubs drawing, for what it's worth. Which is nil.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8025418.stm

Bolton have cleverly never been sucked into the relegation fight. They've managed to get results that have kept them clear of the bottom four five.

How 'clever' of Bolton to win games so as to not be in a relegation battle. I wish we'd thought of that.

Hull v Stoke

There is so much hanging on this match because I think Newcastle and Middlesbrough are hoping that Hull don't pick up another point this season.

State the obvious.

But thats not true.

truth be told, weighing up their fixtures it's a little optermistic of me to expect them to finish on 35

Yeah easy as fuck their fixtures like :razz:  Obviously they might get something from them, anythings possible, but I wouldn't say its optimistic to think they won't.  I know if those were Newcastles fixtures I'd be wondering where our next point was coming from.

3, games, we need 7 points, im wondering how many games its taken to get the last 7 points?

ta,.. we need to improve our form, beyond all reasonable expectation.

Why 7 points by the way?  Just out of interest, you must have Sunderland down as winning one and only one of their remaining games, which one?

7 cos i know 9 is impossible, and 6 prob not enough,..pure speculation, tho,...like all the other posts, apart from the ones by psychics, and nostradamus

Guest LucaAltieri

Down from 9 to 8 if results stay as they are.

We still have it all to do against Boro but other clubs around us have handed us a lifeline.

There IS a way out. The only question now is: are we good enough to take the chance we've been given?