Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

I'm still on a 9 because we still have to beat Middlesbrough to climb out of the bottom 3. At least our fate is back in our own hands. Unfortunately for us Fulham and Aston Villa still have something to play for. Middlesbrough's last games don't look as bad on paper.

The last fixtures: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/fixtures/default.stm

how is our fate in our own hands. we cpould win all 3 remaining and still go down ?

nope if we win our 3 games we will stay up, unless hull claw back 5 goals on us

so it's like i said then ?

Realistically it's in our own hands.  We win our remaining games, as do Hull and Sunderland and we stay up, unless Hull manage to thrash Bolton and Man U.

I'm still on a 9 because we still have to beat Middlesbrough to climb out of the bottom 3. At least our fate is back in our own hands. Unfortunately for us Fulham and Aston Villa still have something to play for. Middlesbrough's last games don't look as bad on paper.

how is our fate in our own hands. we cpould win all 3 remaining and still go down ?

Technically, yes. But do you think the Hull fans are saying that their fate is in their own hands? I doubt it. If we win all 3 matches, we're safe. Hull would have win their matches by 8 goals to relegate us on goal difference. That's hardly having fate in your own hands.

Almost in our own hands then baring Middlesbrough, Hull or West Brom going goal crazy in their last games and/or us conceding a hat full.

What do Villa have to play for? They're guaranteed 5th/6th = automatic entry into Europe.

Pride? Trouble is Middlesbrough play Aston Villa too.

What do Villa have to play for? They're guaranteed 5th/6th = automatic entry into Europe.

More money the better position iirc.

£250k/position. Or was it £500k? I don't think it makes that much of a difference, anyway. A more likely reason that O'Neill will play the starters and look to win is because it's their last match of the season - winning is a good way to send the fans into the summer after a pretty successful season.

If we stay up, no club will have deserved it less and achieved it

Balls, we have been shit but then so have many other teams that have scrapped to stay up before.

the amount of goals we score is in our own hands

the amount they score isn't......is it possible for us to win all 3 and go down ?

Yes, but the amount they score won't matter if we score more.  It's in our hands.

hull can say exactly the same,as can boro.

Guest neesy111

the amount they score isn't......is it possible for us to win all 3 and go down ?

Yes, but the amount they score won't matter if we score more.  It's in our hands.

yes, but we have the better goal difference already so it is in our own hands

yes, but we have the better goal difference already so it is in our own hands

it's in and out of the hands of all three.

tbf, none of the teams at the bottom deserve to stay up.

I've never seen 5 teams so desperate to be relegated in all my life.

Agree but at least we have the excuse of all the turmoil. What are the other teams excuses? Sunderland with Keane leaving improved their results!

Guest gggg

tbf, none of the teams at the bottom deserve to stay up.

I've never seen 5 teams so desperate to be relegated in all my life.

Agree but at least we have the excuse of all the turmoil. What are the other teams excuses? Sunderland with Keane leaving improved their results!

They don't have a 50k wage budget.

Guest Albert Square

can someone give me an example of a team worse than us that have stayed up?

Not sure about this season but previously West Brom, they were just awful that year of the "great escape".

Blackburn are worse than us? Have a word man they've done the double over us and looked a well functioning outift since Allardyce took charge. Horrible football but they've won 4 games since our last win

EDIT: 5

Blackburn are worse than us? Have a word man they've done the double over us and looked a well functioning outift since Allardyce took charge. Horrible football but they've won 4 games since our last win

Our problem is that we have drawn a lot of games. We have the least number of wins out of all the teams. If we go down that will be one of the main reasons and it would be hard to complain.

Our problem is that we have drawn a lot of games. We have the least number of wins out of all the teams. If we go down that will be one of the main reasons and it would be hard to complain.

Its funny, thats the reason why teams are relegated every season :rolleyes:

Its funny, thats the reason why teams are relegated every season :rolleyes:

Take it literally why don't you? The point is we can't complain about being where we are because based on wins we are the worst team in the league at the moment.