Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Still don't think we'll go down, like. We're perilously close to it, I agree, but I think we'll turn it around. All it takes is one unlikely result and we're on a roll. We're not finishing top half though, obviously. Hate the attitude of accepting we're down when there's ~3 months of the season left.

hate the attitude of fans who can't accept what they're seeing with their eyes, what on earth are you basing this on?

Who can't accept it, like? What a bizarre thing to say. If I want to stay positive and support the team in the same way I've done for twenty odd years, that's my choice. Not everyone has to be reaching for the razor blades just yet.

I've seen enough, even in yesterday's game, to know that we can score goals. I've also seen enough to know that a new centre half will make a massive difference to our defence. Add a new, competent striker and Hatem to our team and I think we'll put in enough performances, in spite of the manager, to get the points required to stay up.

i used the word accepted as you used it

so your reasons for believing we can stay up are a new striker and CB plus HBA returning then?  interesting, 2 of the 3 don't actually exist at the moment and it'll be a massive ask for HBA to turn this on his own, but i sincerely hope you're right

Yet in the first half yesterday there were people talking about boosting GD and scoring a few. You were playing well, with a Cabaye lacking match fitness, and Williamson, Shola and Jonas on the pitch. Ben Arfa and Steven Taylor still likely to come back into that team soon.

It's certainly not fantasy to imagine that you'll turn this around. FFS, you're not even in the bottom three yet! The single biggest problem is that after the next match, your run-in is pretty tough. And probably Pardew. You're still posed on the knife-edge, which is why I think you can make a pretty confident prediction after Jan 31st. Then you'll know where you are.

Guest icemanblue

I've not seen anything to suggest we can win a single game, never mind games.

Really? Nothing at all? In the years you've been watching football you've never seen an upset, or a team winning against the odds? That's unfortunate, like.

Still don't think we'll go down, like. We're perilously close to it, I agree, but I think we'll turn it around. All it takes is one unlikely result and we're on a roll. We're not finishing top half though, obviously. Hate the attitude of accepting we're down when there's ~3 months of the season left.

hate the attitude of fans who can't accept what they're seeing with their eyes, what on earth are you basing this on?

Who can't accept it, like? What a bizarre thing to say. If I want to stay positive and support the team in the same way I've done for twenty odd years, that's my choice. Not everyone has to be reaching for the razor blades just yet.

I've seen enough, even in yesterday's game, to know that we can score goals. I've also seen enough to know that a new centre half will make a massive difference to our defence. Add a new, competent striker and Hatem to our team and I think we'll put in enough performances, in spite of the manager, to get the points required to stay up.

'Shakes head in disbelief'....

Is this Llambias talking ?

Guest tunisia

Hello

I'm sorry for your loss of your past and current ranking.

but now talk of relegation would be stupid, you are still far from having finished the championship.

it shows that there is a lack of confidence in the players and the fans, but I have often heard and seen that the Newcastle fans are among the best, so do not lose confidence and encourage your team even during defeats, more than ever, you must show that you are there for the team until the last minute.

it lacks little to find that Newcastle wins, confidence will return with the return of Ben Arfa buying another striker and a defender, and especially by encouraging supporters.

I wish you good luck. you have a great team that deserves the best.

5 to 7. Starting to get quite concerned now. We needed at least 5 points from these 3 "easier" fixtures, and we've only got one so far, whilst at the same time other teams at the bottom seem to be hitting a bit of form and are starting to pick up points.

I think I've seen 5 relegations, maybe 4, this is as much of a relegation as any other I've seen.

If I had faith in Pardew's technical ability I'd still hope.

He's an absolute clown in that department, so my hope evaporated yesterday when he displayed his clownish ability to the full

I think I've seen 5 relegations, maybe 4, this is as much of a relegation as any other I've seen.

Why 'maybe' out of interest Mick?

Change the manager and I'd find a bit more belief.

Remember Roeder? Not a particularly inspiring manager, but the double edge of losing Souness and him letting the players play with a little more freedom led to one of our best finishes to a league season in years. The relief would be immense.

I have huge faith in the team, and no faith in the manager. I only hope the players get together and just completely ignore what he tells them.

That's actually the main hope I'm clinging onto. Someone like HBA in particular will be quite happy to go do his own thing if he thinks it's best for the team, and he's the one player we have who could pretty much keep us up on his own if he's fit and firing.

If we gone down we won't be coming back up any time soon. Krul, Santon, Coloccini, Debuchy, Taylor (most likely), Anita, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Cisse will all definitely be off, and that's not including if we sign any one decent in this window. And that's all from a weak squad as it is. Perch, Obertan, and Jonas would probably be gone too.

The most likely left overs from this squad would be:Elliot, Streete, Campbell, Abeid, , Ranger, Ferguson, Good, Tavernier, Inman, Dumment, Newton, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi, Williamson, Ryan Taylor, Dan Gosling and Amalifitano. If we're lucky Bigirimana, Obertan and Perch will stay, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Its incredibly depressing, it really is, but its now the position we are facing. Somehow. The bleak reality we face from relegation is that it won't be fun at all; we won't get the same crowds as last time, we won't spend to rebuild a team, we won't have a strong nucleus of a team to get us back up- no Coloccini's, Enrique's, Nolan's, Krul's etc. - we won't have a resilient spirit or a decent manager, we'll have very little to work with. And if you want the finer details we'll be playing with 'Wonga' on our shirt. We'll become another Sheffield Wednesday or Nottingham Forest, cast into Football League oblivion.

If we gone down we won't be coming back up any time soon. Krul, Santon, Coloccini, Debuchy, Taylor (most likely), Anita, Cabaye, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Cisse will all definitely be off, and that's not including if we sign any one decent in this window. And that's all from a weak squad as it is. Perch, Obertan, and Jonas would probably be gone too.

The most likely left overs from this squad would be:Elliot, Streete, Campbell, Abeid, , Ranger, Ferguson, Good, Tavernier, Inman, Dumment, Newton, Sammy Ameobi, Shola Ameobi, Williamson, Ryan Taylor, Dan Gosling and Amalifitano. If we're lucky Bigirimana, Obertan and Perch will stay, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Its incredibly depressing, it really is, but its now the position we are facing. Somehow. The bleak reality we face from relegation is that it won't be fun at all; we won't get the same crowds as last time, we won't spend to rebuild a team, we won't have a strong nucleus of a team to get us back up- no Coloccini's, Enrique's, Nolan's, Krul's etc. - we won't have a resilient spirit or a decent manager, we'll have very little to work with. And if you want the finer details we'll be playing with 'Wonga' on our shirt. We'll become another Sheffield Wednesday or Nottingham Forest, cast into Football League oblivion.

We thought we'd lose everyone last time to be fair.

it looks more and more to me that the policy of the club is to build a squad capable of promotion from the championship- and have a see what happens attitude to the prem.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. Our players/squad is more than capable of finishing in the top half of the premiership. It's the manager who isn't.

it looks more and more to me that the policy of the club is to build a squad capable of promotion from the championship- and have a see what happens attitude to the prem.

Sorry, but that's nonsense. Our players/squad is more than capable of finishing in the top half of the premiership. It's the manager who isn't.

well we have half a squad of championship players.

I dont know why you would take those types of risks when the new TV deal is next season and its massive.  I gave them the benefit of my doubt in the summer and it looks like they gambled on not spending to much money in the summer...given that they retained all the key players in the squad.

There is noway any of us thought we would be in a relegation battle, maybe lower down the league with the extra games in europe but not this bad.

well we have half a squad of championship players.

So do a lot of Premiership sides. There's not a chance in hell you could claim we're building a squad for the championship. Our problem is the club don't want to pay the wages of more than 14/15 top class players, not that they're aiming to win the Championship.

As if our first team XI would look anything like it does at the moment. Players like Ben Arfa, Cisse, Cabaye, Debuchy or even Krul - they'd be gone as soon as the transfer window opened in the summer.

Not comparable to last time we went down when we had players like Barton, Nolan, Smith, Jonas or Enrique who wanted to proof a point, were not good enough to attract a buyer or just really cared about the club.

I dont know why you would take those types of risks when the new TV deal is next season and its massive.  I gave them the benefit of my doubt in the summer and it looks like they gambled on not spending to much money in the summer...given that they retained all the key players in the squad.

There is noway any of us thought we would be in a relegation battle, maybe lower down the league with the extra games in europe but not this bad.

I still dont know the difference between a championship season and a prem one- But Im guessing its about £20m- £30 in terms of income- Ashley wont spend £20m net to save £20m in any seasons two windows, he will take the gamble.