Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Anyone that didn't think we were in trouble at the turn of the year were in cloud cuckoo land...we had a team nowhere near full strength due to injuries, a manager who alone was costing us points with cowardly tactics and moronic substitutions and what seemed to be a player, Ba, dictating how and where he should play, to the detriment of the team. I'm not wearing this bollocks that Stu is bumping his gums about that we were always certainties to avoid relegation.

Stu always takes a contrary view to sense, just to contrive conflict.

Anyhow, like all here, I'm delighted with the investments and the way they've started life at SJP, I voted 2 whereas at the start of the year I'd have voted a 7/8.

Guest icemanblue

Anyone that didn't think we were in trouble at the turn of the year were in cloud cuckoo land...we had a team nowhere near full strength due to injuries, a manager who alone was costing us points with cowardly tactics and moronic substitutions and what seemed to be a player, Ba, dictating how and where he should play, to the detriment of the team. I'm not wearing this bollocks that Stu is bumping his gums about that we were always certainties to avoid relegation.

Anyhow, like all here, I'm delighted with the investments and the way they've started life at SJP, I voted 2 whereas at the start of the year I'd have voted a 7/8.

That's nonsense, like. I wasn't, at any point, seriously worried about relegation. As I maintained all along, things were always going to get easier/better when our better players returned. We were also always going to strengthen. Admittedly, I didn't think we'd strenghten quite as well as we have. The mood at matches and amongst my family and friends didn't come close to mirroring the mood on here, so perhaps that helped.

I genuinely think that, unless you're cut adrift at the bottom, noone can be certain (a 9 or a 10) that a team is going down at that stage. The season doesn't end in January, as we've seen so many times before.

That's nonsense, like. I wasn't, at any point, seriously worried about relegation. As I maintained all along, things were always going to get easier/better when our better players returned. We were also always going to strengthen. Admittedly, I didn't think we'd strenghten quite as well as we have. The mood at matches and amongst my family and friends didn't come close to mirroring the mood on here, so perhaps that helped.

I genuinely think that, unless you're cut adrift at the bottom, noone can be certain (a 9 or a 10) that a team is going down at that stage. The season doesn't end in January, as we've seen so many times before.

I said 7 or 8 at the turn of the year, and stated why. Without the investment that we couldn't have been sure we were getting due to the owner's iffy record of spending, we would have been much worse off than we are now points wise. Stu, like yourself,a hindsight prophet, stated he was a 1 pre-investment. Absolute lunacy.

Guest icemanblue

I said 7 or 8 at the turn of the year, and stated why. Without the investment that we couldn't have been sure we were getting due to the owner's iffy record of spending, we would have been much worse off than we are now points wise. Stu, like yourself,a hindsight prophet, stated he was a 1 pre-investment. Absolute lunacy.

Eh? Are you being serious, or what? :lol: I said all of this at the time. Investment, players returning, the lot. There's no hindsight involved.

It's also not lunacy. The fact we're in the positon we are now is a pretty fucking good testament to that.

That's nonsense, like. I wasn't, at any point, seriously worried about relegation.....

Hindsight's a wonderful thing

If we HADN'T signed anyone, we'd have been level with Villa and worried sick

Guest icemanblue

That's nonsense, like. I wasn't, at any point, seriously worried about relegation.....

Hindsight's a wonderful thing

If we HADN'T signed anyone, we'd have been level with Villa and worried sick

Fuck off with the hindsight shite, man. :lol: I haven't just started saying this now.

Eh? Are you being serious, or what? :lol: I said all of this at the time. Investment, players returning, the lot. There's no hindsight involved.

It's also not lunacy. The fact we're in the positon we are now is a pretty fucking good testament to that.

So it was madness for people rightly worried about relegation to vote 9 at Christmas,but not for contrary WUMs to vote 1?

You for real ?

what incognito said

what a crock of shite man, he cannot string a cohesive counter to any of the points so dismisses it all as "cuckoo" and contrary for the sake of it. I guess he derives as much fun being miserable on here as he gets from the team underperforming on the pitch.

Guest icemanblue

So it was madness for people rightly worried about relegation to vote 9 at Christmas,but not for contrary WUMs to vote 1?

You for real ?

Eh (again)? I've said why I think it's madness for someone to say 'we're definitely down', five months before the end of the season, when we weren't even in the relegation zone. It wouldn't have been so mad if we'd been in QPR's position, but even they had a chance of getting out of it.

What all the 'contrary WUM' shit is, other than childish, I don't know. Did I gain this title just by having a different opinion to the majority?

The only time NUFC have been relegated from the Premier League:

- we had 4 managers (including JFK and the experienced Alan Shearer)

- a fan 'bouycoutt' due to a club legend being forced out/toxic atmosphere in the stands (until the threat of relegation loomed large)

- a squad of over-paid and past-their-sell-by-date 'stars' (many of whom had been signed by the previous regime)

- a ridiculous injury list keeping our best players out of the team for many of the games

- we were a deflected goal away from staying up

That's the current benchmark for being relegated from the Premierleague as NUFC.

We may have had one (injuries), maybe two (possible crowd vs Pardew issue) repeats this season.

It's not 'contrary' to think it highly unlikely for that outcome to be repeated when those circumstances are not going to be matched or exceeded (Pardew was given the 8 year deal in Autumn).

You for real ?

Eh (again)? I've said why I think it's madness for someone to say 'we're definitely down', five months before the end of the season, when we weren't even in the relegation zone. It wouldn't have been so mad if we'd been in QPR's position, but even they had a chance of getting out of it.

What all the 'contrary WUM' shit is, other than childish, I don't know. Did I gain this title just by having a different opinion to the majority?

And yet isn't madness to say we definitely wouldn't ? Even in the current positivity, it would be so. Why can't you see that ?

Anyone that wasn't bricking it after Reading was bloody optimistic. That was when I finally caved in - it was impossible to pick the next win, we'd only signed Debuchy by that point, the Remy debacle had just happened and the atmosphere was turning poisonous. That night I was convinced we were going.

Now things are fine and we'll finish in mid-table, but things were genuinely scary for a time.

- a fan 'bouycoutt' due to a club legend being forced out/toxic atmosphere in the stands (until the threat of relegation loomed large)

- a squad of over-paid and past-their-sell-by-date 'stars' (many of whom had been signed by the previous regime)

- a ridiculous injury list keeping our best players out of the team for many of the games

That's the current benchmark for being relegated from the Premierleague as NUFC.

We may have had one (injuries), maybe two (possible crowd vs Pardew issue) repeats this season.

It's not 'contrary' to think it highly unlikely for that outcome to be repeated when those circumstances are not going to be matched or exceeded (Pardew was given the 8 year deal in Autumn).

Admire your rational thinking Stu, but barely a month ago having watched Reading beat us with what was probably the worst ever performance to end up with an away win in the PL, quite a few sane people in the boozer post match were really fearing the worst, and with some justification I'd say.

It wasn't contrary for you Stu, for as has been so ably pointed out by Interpolic, when we were getting beat by West Ham, Reading , Southampton etc, ie the lowest points, you weren't even posting here.

And as for the stats you've kindly reminded us of, the only time we need to worry is when we have 4 managers in a season then ?

People were rightly concerned because of the perceived lack of common sense or investment when we were last in this predicament.