Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Good point, however Arsenal at home is a fixture that never scares me unlike Man U and Chelsea they don't seem to be able to deal with physical teams if we get stuck in, I can see us winning. Fulham won't be easy but home advantage is as always a big factor. In the league we have only lost 3 times at home (Hull, Blackburn, Liverpool) our away form and too many draws is why we are where we are.

Out of the 3, its definitely the one that gives us some hope of getting something - especially as you say if we can impose the physical aspect.

Somehow, we have to pull an unexpected win from somewhere like Middlesborough did yesterday

Starting to rely on other club's results. Next few games will be massive, can't see us getting anything out of them except for maybe Hull. Which will leave our confidence nice and low just in time for the remaining games and the return of the messiah Kinnear.

Man Utd and Chelsea (Arsenal at times) are able to keep the ball so much better than us, like we're lucky to string 4 passes together in a move.

If we play our usual long ball against these teams we wont get near them, but there we have another problem- we dont have any creative passers of the ball. Plus, our players are static most of the time. Its ridiculous. :rant:

4 its tight, but we have to play Boro, Pompey and Fulham all at home, plenty of winnable games left. I have a real gut feeling we'll beat Arsenal.

I hate teams like Arsenal having streams of 0-0 games just prior to meeting us. If any team needs to break a duck, just wait until the Toon come along - look at Bolton and their clean sheet record before today.

Fulham is in no way an easy game the way they are playing.

Agree with most of that but Fulham usually have a poor dip in form towards the end of the season. They'll have little to play for either way and if we're up for it I think they'll roll over. They're playing well now but I don't think they will be in April/May.

Or maybe I'm trying too hard to convince myself... :lol: 

I had originally said there was a slim chance bu that is increasingly becoming greater after watching game after game of wasted chances and failier to commit.

Saying that, I believe we have NO games left where a result is not obtainable. All we need is the right tactics, the right mentality in the team and a little luck (ok, maybe not that). We've got to that stage in the season where we can't afford to label games as 'so what if we get beaten'. Man United this week is going to be a tough game but we have beaten them before and can beat them come Wednesday. Same with Arsenal.

Theres no point talking about 'those' 5 games as being the games we need to win to survive - 3 points against anyone is 3 points, even a point in the other games will see us move upwards. So what if we get beat 9-0 on wed? If we go out an compete and at least look interested, you never know what can happen. We went down to Old Trafford at the beginning of the season thinking 'Here we go again' and looked what happened there.

I stood at the end of the game today and honestly thought this was the point of no return. Reactions by a couple of the players showed exactly what I was thinking - hands on their heads, motionless and more disappointment than just another lose. I've had a little time to think and we still have plenty of games left, our future is STILL in our hands. Obviously we need a rocket fired behind us but no game is out of reach. We must go into every game thinking 'Yeah, we CAN and WILL win this'.

It may not be in our (the fans) hands but I'm not giving up on the team just yet. Until it is confirmed, I won't accept it!

I admire your optimism, pete, but it going to be very, very tough to get anything from our next 3 home games. By the end of those, who knows where we could be. Yes, we've beaten Man Utd before but that was about 6 or 7 years ago when we had a team capable of finishing in the top 3 and one of the finest managers in football.

True, if we organise right and fight like dogs we can give the big boys a run for their money.....but thats the problem: we dont have a proper manager (or coach in our case) who can make astute tactical changes, we dont have the players to do that, and we dont have the character in our side to fight and stand up and be counted. We're a spineless team.

We've been missing (good) luck for the past 40 years, what makes you think we'll get it on Wednesday night, or in the coming weeks?

I agree that it probably won't happen but if you go into a game expecting to lose, then thats the only real outcome.

It's getting to that stage in the season where those teams at the bottom put behind their problems and start to put succesful runs together (west brom and west ham in recent years). As much as a win or even a draw against Man Utd seems far off, a good performance could see us put down foundations for such a challenge. Obviously there are problems with leadership and tactics but the amount of players open to select is increasing all the time. We can't afford to wait for those slightly 'easier' games to come along because by then, those teams may well be on runs themselves and we could be cut off at the base of the table.

As far as I see it, you can either be optimistic OR accept relegation now. The sad thing is we can't change anything, as much as would like to!

6 for me. I think we will scrape a point or two against some of the games we least expect. We will win our home games against Fulham and 'Boro but probably lose at Hull and maybe Stoke...

We will be in and around the shit with only a few games remaining but avoid relegation because some of the other candidates will get shitter results.

Not even taking into account these horrible upcoming fixtures against all of the 'big four'... we've got away trips to Stoke, Spurs and Villa shortly after.

Hull is beyond must-win. And those three home games that conclude the season will probably all be must-win, too. Coincide this with the resurgence of the likes of Boro and Blackburn, we're arguably totally fucked right now.

Scary times. :(  8.

EDIT: Was being careful of rule breakages there... it's clear, ja? :dontknow:

Ive just looked at the remaining fixtures and Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that we wont win another game all season and that I predict we will pick up 5 more points between now and the end.

Hopefully we will fluke a win somewhere though.

you honestly believe we wont beat either of fulham, pompey and boro at home and stoke or hull away? you believe that the maximum we will pick up is 5 points from all those fixtures?

Ok, maybe we'll beat one of them probably fulham but the other two are by no means easy games. Hull and Stoke, 2 draws at best imo, like I say I can see us picking up a few draws between now and the end of the season (probably 5) but wins...........nah I cant see more than 1 at most.

You have to remember that we have no manager and no team spirit, in a relegation fight everyone should be together and pulling in the same direction.  We arent.

If we do survive I can see it being a last day thing.

Hull is gonna be just massive, they have 1 win in 17 games and are in freefall. Geovanni has fallen out with Brown and the team looked doomed

Cue Newcastle United to come along and give them 3 points.

Guest Ebolarama

Hull is gonna be just massive, they have 1 win in 17 games and are in freefall. Geovanni has fallen out with Brown and the team looked doomed

Cue Newcastle United to come along and give them 3 points.

Terrifyingly likely.

Guest dover

I think whats worrying me most is that fact tha we have only been out of the relegation zone because of the poor performances of the other teams. The crunch will come when those teams start getting results, just like they did this weekend, boro, stoke and blackburn all playing like they want it more than us. We dont have a manager, out best players are injured, and our owner is clueless, we are doomed unless something changes in the next week to any of those three.

I can only pray Mike brings in another manager this week to replace Joe, that imo is our only hope of survival. I woke up this morning imagining a championship campaign with Joe as our leader, then realising we could be the next wimbledon never mind the next leeds.

I think whats worrying me most is that fact tha we have only been out of the relegation zone because of the poor performances of the other teams. The crunch will come when those teams start getting results, just like they did this weekend, boro, stoke and blackburn all playing like they want it more than us. We dont have a manager, out best players are injured, and our owner is clueless, we are doomed unless something changes in the next week to any of those three.

I can only pray Mike brings in another manager this week to replace Joe, that imo is our only hope of survival. I woke up this morning imagining a championship campaign with Joe as our leader, then realising we could be the next wimbledon never mind the next leeds.

:no:

I originally made it a 7, when most were selecting 3 or 4....

It is tempting to raise the stake to 8 now, but I won't ; I still believe a 7(or 7.5) is aboout right, but if we get stuffed by the 'Big' teams we are due to play and then drop points to Hull, I will certainly raise my assessment to 8 or higher.

As time(and games)tick by without any improvement, it is beginning to look as if the club is fated - the problems with Kinnear and the subsequent lack of action by Ashley could well be the proverbial straws on the camel's back...

I originally made it a 7, when most were selecting 3 or 4....

It is tempting to raise the stake to 8 now, but I won't ; I still believe a 7(or 7.5) is aboout right, but if we get stuffed by the 'Big' teams we are due to play and then drop points to Hull, I will certainly raise my assessment to 8 or higher.

As time(and games)tick by without any improvement, it is beginning to look as if the club is fated - the problems with Kinnear and the subsequent lack of action by Ashley could well be the proverbial straws on the camel's back...

identical to me, started at 7 and am now at 7.5 although it doesn't exist...hull result will make a difference as to whether i stick or change to 8.5

I wonder what Ashley actually thinks when he looks at the table and the performances on the pitch.

Judging by Llambias' interview, it doesn't worry him.

Judging by his reactions during the Bolton game, he's now shitting himself!

I wonder what Ashley actually thinks when he looks at the table and the performances on the pitch.

please explainify - didn't have coverage where i am...heard it a bit though, worse than the usual glum face by the sounds of it?

please explainify - didn't have coverage where i am...heard it a bit though, worse than the usual glum face by the sounds of it?

Yeah, just his reactions and facial expressions really. Not sure it was enough to suggest he now realises how bad we are, but I imagine he was expecting a decent win at Bolton and got quite a shock.