Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Doesn't look like Martins, Viduka or Barton are going to be fit in the proper sense of the word by Monday so I rate our chances at only 50/50 now...and that's being generous.

"get Owen out of there because he clearly isn't anywhere near up to it anymore without good service"

So it's Owen's fault that our midfield is s****?!

Owen is still one of our best "footballers" and if a half chance presents itself on Monday can you give me another player in our squad that you'd want it to fall to? I don't think so!

Did I say it was Owen's fault?

Owen has managed 1 goal in his last 13 games and doesn't look like scoring anytime soon either. Unless we radically change the system there's no point having him in the side.

Viduka is the  answer to your question btw, not that anything in your absurdly bad post really warrants a response

Well I think it's "absurd" how you contradict your earlier post saying "it's all in Shearer's hands now to be honest" by then stating that you want Owen to be taken out of the team when that's patently not going to happen whilst Shearer's manager and Owen is fit.

Your absurdness is then compounded by your assertion that you'd prefer a half chance to fall to Viduka, as opposed to Owen, with our Premiership status on the line.

Guest The Libertine

hull have liverpool, boro have arsenal and wigan could/should beat blackburn this weekend. i still maintain if we win this one and the boro match we'll survive.

Guest Mcdonald36

Got the feeling that Hull will get a result tomorrow and pull further away. Lets hope Wigan do us a favou. I'd love to see fat head go down instead of us.

"get Owen out of there because he clearly isn't anywhere near up to it anymore without good service"

So it's Owen's fault that our midfield is s****?!

Owen is still one of our best "footballers" and if a half chance presents itself on Monday can you give me another player in our squad that you'd want it to fall to? I don't think so!

Did I say it was Owen's fault?

Owen has managed 1 goal in his last 13 games and doesn't look like scoring anytime soon either. Unless we radically change the system there's no point having him in the side.

Viduka is the  answer to your question btw, not that anything in your absurdly bad post really warrants a response

Well I think it's "absurd" how you contradict your earlier post saying "it's all in Shearer's hands now to be honest" by then stating that you want Owen to be taken out of the team when that's patently not going to happen whilst Shearer's manager and Owen is fit.

Your absurdness is then compounded by your assertion that you'd prefer a half chance to fall to Viduka, as opposed to Owen, with our Premiership status on the line.

I think you'll find that most agree that Viduka is a much more clinical finisher than Owen

And where's the contradiction? Nobody is forcing Shearer to play Owen at gunpoint. Team selection is completely in his hands and if we continue to play Nolan, Butt and Owen in the same team we're down, no question whatsoever. Either the latter or the first two need to be dropped. With those three in the same team our record is absolutely abysmal, beyond relegation standard and even worse to fucking watch week after week

Guest Albert Square

The Sunderland result today is one of the best results of the season for us :lol: Im sure all of us came up with our final tables with Sunderland getting 3 points in todays game, the fact that they didnt is crucial, i hope to fuck our players do the right thing and put in a performance on Monday, no doubt Shearer will drill it into them after today.

Guest toonlass

Just done the predictor and got this

Mackems        38 -19 39

Us                  38 -16 37

Pompey          38 -20 37

--------------------------------

Hull                38 -28 34

Boro              38 -35  31

West Brom    38 -37  28

Mackems        38 -19 39

Boro               38 -35  31

West Brom     38 -37  28

No more points for Hull, Boro, or West Brom!

I'd love it, I'd really love it, but it's just not realistic. Is it?

Guest toonlass

Mackems        38 -19 39

West Brom     38 -37  28

No more points for Hull, Boro, or West Brom!

I'd love it, I'd really love it, but it's just not realistic. Is it?

Boro have us, Manure and Arsenal in their run in, so its not out of the question

Can't remember who Hull have but I can't see them winning.

Everyone's expecting all 3 of Hull, Sunderland and Boro to only gain 2/3 points each in the last games. Simply isn't going to happen. We won't win all 3 home games though I think we'll win on Monday now. Even West Brom are back in it now though it will be a massive ask for them to get clear. Dunno what it is, but I've still got a bad feeling. Still around a 5 but it will so tight.

The Liverpool game could be a killer as well, if we win on Monday then get hammered there it could knock the stuffing out of them, just hope if we're beaten it's only by 1 or 2.

:neutral:

Everyone's expecting all 3 of Hull, Sunderland and Boro to only gain 2/3 points each in the last games. Simply isn't going to happen. We won't win all 3 home games though I think we'll win on Monday now. Even West Brom are back in it now though it will be a massive ask for them to get clear. Dunno what it is, but I've still got a bad feeling. Still around a 5 but it will so tight.

The Liverpool game could be a killer as well, if we win on Monday then get hammered there it could knock the stuffing out of them, just hope if we're beaten it's only by 1 or 2.

:neutral:

Spot on. Every season there's always daft results in the last couple of weeks. We have to win three to be safe, anything less will probably be goodnight.

As people have said, it's hard to predict games at the end of the season. Who honestly expected West Brom to beat Sunderland never mind 3 - 0? Teams still in the Champions League but unlikely to win the Premiership title rest key players. Teams that are safe don't necessarily get the results you expect them to against the teams fighting for their lives. Middlesbrough are a bogey team for a lot of the top 4. The results went well for us today. Let's hope that continues tomorrow too. Monday is where the Newcastle team better make these results matter!

Mackems        38 -19 39

West Brom     38 -37  28

Doing it with a maximum of wishful thinking, I managed to relegate both Blackburn and Sunderland.

I was a bit concerned about Sunderland getting a result against Everton seeing as the Blues are struggling with injuries and are already qualified for Europe, but after watching the Mackems and their hopeless manager I think they're in trouble.

Guest firetotheworks

Is it worth pointing out again just how important our match on Monday is?

I reckon so...important match on Monday yknow!