Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Guest LucaAltieri

Moved from 8 to 9.

Wasn't too fussed about the performance. We had bright spells but lacked that killer instinct. Much improved but still not good enough.

It's all but mathematical now.

Saying that... if by some fluke we can come away from Liverpool with something then it might be back on... otherwise  :thdn:

We're done.

We may still be in it mathematically but our spirit has now well and truly broke.

This was the easiest game we had left, and not only did we fail to get three points, we failed to even deliver a performance. With a moral-obliterating loss coming up at Anfield next week, even those few players who still gave a s*** will have given up completely by then.

Moreover, we'll never be able to get the crowd to get behind the team like they did for the first 45 minutes today again. The people leaving early and the boos at the end tells the story, St. James Park will be a cauldron of hostility and apathy for the remainder of the season. If anything, we'll have a home "disadvantage," not an advantage.

And who can blame them? They're paying their good money and showing up in the rain to see a bunch of players who well and truly couldn't give a toss. I can forgive being s***, but I can't forgive not trying. Quite frankly, the vast majority of our squad right now absolutely disgusts me. And to think that these very same bottlers will be off at other clubs in the top division with their lucrative new contracts next season while we wallow in the Championship makes me want to throw up.

gone up to an 8. we need something special to stay up now. we have shearer who could be our messiah, and what gives me hope is that west ham and fulham have previously managed to beat the drop against the odds. looking like we are going down now but who knows, a couple of results and we might be ok. i havent given up hope yet thouhg.

Good call, oldtype.

As the game wore on, I just found it increasingly frustrating but more worryingly increasingly hard to keep getting behind them. Apathy has well and truly kicked in, tbh. I just have that horrible feeling were done.

A lot will depend on how Shearer manages this result. It could either be a big boost because of how we played, or crush the remaining confidence.

No way you can get any kind of boost from that man, everyone knows we had to win. Anything but is devastating, we're going to fall behind.

Guest LucaAltieri

A lot will depend on how Shearer manages this result. It could either be a big boost because of how we played, or crush the remaining confidence.

No way you can get any kind of boost from that man, everyone knows we had to win. Anything but is devastating, we're going to fall behind.

Aye... and Shearer put all our momentum into this one. "We must win our 3 home games"... we haven't. Now what? If we'd won today then it we'd have carried a lot of energy forward. Sadly the gamble hasn't paid off.

Good call, oldtype.

As the game wore on, I just found it increasingly frustrating but more worryingly increasingly hard to keep getting behind them. Apathy has well and truly kicked in, tbh. I just have that horrible feeling were done.

Agree.

That last 10 minutes i felt nothing. Not even frustration. They should have had addrenalin kicking in, forcing them on......they just sat back.

Oh well. Im seriously going off football now....watching newcastle brings nothing but depression these days.

At least you have an away trip to Watford to look forward to. Well, it's something for me to look forward to.  :aww:

f*** you and your s***hole club.

Wasn't an entirely serious statement.  :lol: