SF1: Italy 1-1 Spain (4-2 pens)

Yorkie

50 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Is it a bit strange that Belotti's spent most of his time at Torino? Looks a great striker and his goalscoring record is good too, but those guys are such Serie A also-rans.

I quite admire it. He had that amazing season a few years ago not sure if he consistently hit those heights since. Probably one for Sewelly

Loved it back in the day when you had one club men  like Totti, de Rossi in Serie A. Don't get many these days

Actually just realised de Rossi played in Argentina which ruins that a bit

Definitely agree generally; without knowing that much about him beyond his performances this tournament and looking on his Wiki, it's good to see someone stick with the same club when there had presumably been opportunities elsewhere. 

He's very comfortable at Torino. And he's never really been good enough to justify the level of fee that Torino have demanded in the past. 

I think there's a chance he moves this summer though. Out of contract next year so the price has come right down. There's strong rumours Roma are going to sign him to replace Dzeko.

I'm usually all for players staying at one club but in this case I'd rather he moved. Torino are awful at the moment and he's stagnating as a player. 

Edited by ponsaelius

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Got binned off after one tournament I think

Seems daft, should have given it a go. All penaltiy shootouts in this and Copa America has been won by the team taking the first penalty.

25 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Seems daft, should have given it a go. All penaltiy shootouts in this and Copa America has been won by the team taking the first penalty.

Argentina won going second last night. Do agree though, seems to be a clear advantage to the team going first

10 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Is there a more roman looking man than Chielini? He looks like he was produced in a factory for Italian centre backs.

I love how buzzing he is to represent his country, even after doing it so many times.  Proper leader.

Bonucci and Chielini as their central pairing is just class. What a spine of experience and steel. 

Chielini fucking rattled the Spanish with his happiness prior to the pens. I wonder if he goes into management after this?

52 minutes ago, Kanji said:

@ponsaelius would Lorenzo Pelligrini have been the first off the bench for the midfield if he was fit for the tourney? He always seemed such a smooth and silky passer of the ball. 

Yes probably. His loss has been Locatelli's gain. 

Edited by ponsaelius