PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye but Chelsea was running at an operational loss for 20 years - most years. Abramovic had a 1.5bn loan given to Chelsea.

Spending £2bn to make £500m over 20 years isn't a great investment.

Edit: Haven't looked at the numbers in detail

£900m total loss over 18 years, again allowing for inflation say £1.5bn.  Club was sold for £4.25bn.  Total profit = well over £2bn.

Doesn’t sound too bad to me. 

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

Chelsea, much like half of London was a Russian money laundering exercise. Abramovitch is just a very well recompensed middle man. They bought the tories. That's why we have 2 in the HoLs

Yep.  State assets stolen and laundered through scum like Abramovich.  

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye but Chelsea was running at an operational loss for 20 years - most years. Abramovic had a 1.5bn loan given to Chelsea.

Spending £2bn to make £500m over 20 years isn't a great investment.

Edit: Haven't looked at the numbers in detail

Mansour has also comfortably doubled his investment in Man City:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakgarnerpurkis/2021/05/29/sheikh-mansours-biggest-win-manchester-citys-46-billion-increase-in-value/amp/

This is what PIF will be aware of - and club valuations are continuing to increase.  NUFC require far more infrastructure investment than Man City and Chelsea, though of course PIF can’t spunk money on transfers anymore.   If PIF spent, say, £700m on a state of the art new super stadium, and used its considerable reach to pull in sponsorships, and threw another £1bn at the club - say a total cost of £2.5bn, then the gamble would be that a successful NUFC in 5-10 years is worth several times that figure. 

40 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

£900m total loss over 18 years, again allowing for inflation say £1.5bn.  Club was sold for £4.25bn.  Total profit = well over £2bn.

Doesn’t sound too bad to me. 

Would be - shame that the money he got from selling the club he hasn't seen a penny of.

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Governing bodies aren’t above the law.

They aren't but it's a joke how much money goes to agents in the game.  The governing body who registers players should be allowed to control that.

Edited by El Prontonise

Got absolutely no problems with agents making loads of dollar.....as long as it's the player's who are paying them. If a club asks for an agent's help finding a player then fair enough but the agent getting an obscene cut of the transfer fee has never sat well with me. 

1 hour ago, midds said:

Got absolutely no problems with agents making loads of dollar.....as long as it's the player's who are paying them. If a club asks for an agent's help finding a player then fair enough but the agent getting an obscene cut of the transfer fee has never sat well with me. 

Exactly this. Should be a set fee the buying club has ie very low and rest paid by the player. Piss take they can manipulative transfers to their advantage 

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

If FFP is ruled as being anti competitive, as it should be, it’s City’s get out of jail free card, I’m sure their lawyers are all over this as should ours.

Doesn't sit well with me as us and others have played the game. Has to be a cut off point. Also city aren't really being done for ffp, they were willfully paying illegal payments from dodgy sources

2 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Doesn't sit well with me as us and others have played the game. Has to be a cut off point. Also city aren't really being done for ffp, they were willfully paying illegal payments from dodgy sources

TBF, it’s only impacted us since we were taken over. As for City I agree to an extent, however if FFP hadn’t of  existed their owners might not have had to allegedly funnel money into City through shell companies.

46 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

City absolutely are being done for FFP, they are not accused of doing anything illegal only of breaching the PL's rules relating to FFP.

44 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

City absolutely are being done for FFP, they are not accused of doing anything illegal only of breaching the PL's rules relating to FFP.

There's leaked documents stating they were asking for dodgy funds transferred to cover stuff man. You can't have 115 cases of the exact same offense 

20 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

There's leaked documents stating they were asking for dodgy funds transferred to cover stuff man. You can't have 115 cases of the exact same offense 

Yes to shell companies allegedly, if FFP was to be shown to be anti competitive and illegal, they wouldn’t have needed to get involved in any shady dealings. Their owners could have give them the money, no?

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don’t want to see unrestrained spending in football - I don’t think FFP is a bad thing, I just don’t agree with how it’s been set up.

I also don’t think NDM is a heroic figure - I think he’s a leech. 

Whether you think he’s a leech or not he’s an authoritative figure who knows his shit.

FFP is fine as long as all clubs can spend the same amounts to ensure competitive balance.

On 28/12/2023 at 09:06, Groundhog63 said:

Chelsea, much like half of London was a Russian money laundering exercise. Abramovitch is just a very well recompensed middle man. They bought the tories. That's why we have 2 in the HoLs

3 now with Matthew Elliott

10 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Whether you think he’s a leech or not he’s an authoritative figure who knows his shit.

FFP is fine as long as all clubs can spend the same amounts to ensure competitive balance.

So it’s either a US-style system of caps or unfettered, unrestrained capitalism?

Neither sounds like a positive outcome for football to me.  But NDM is thinking of the money that will come his way, not the game. 

I also suspect that football’s contract system would not survive a meeting with commercial and employment laws, nor would exorbitant release clauses get past punitive contract clauses laws.

Why don’t we challenge those too?  Let’s just have a free-for-all, and watch while unrestrained inflation destroys all but a handful of clubs.  We’d be one of them, and it’s all about us - so who cares?