PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

17 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Again not my point. But enjoy

I guess I missed your point. Reading your comments, I certainly thought I understood what you were trying to say. Have a great evening though.

Completely off topic, but when our takeover got denied - did Nick DeMarco actually help with the appeal process or did Masters just approve it after they settled the BeOutQ thing? Meaning DeMarco didn't actually do anything?

2 minutes ago, Menace said:

Completely off topic, but when our takeover got denied - did Nick DeMarco actually help with the appeal process or did Masters just approve it after they settled the BeOutQ thing? Meaning DeMarco didn't actually do anything?

He made some fabulous bread.

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

The takeover was approved days after KSA paid a $1bn settlement for BEOutQ.  NDM and the appeal process had nowt to do with it.

9 minutes ago, madras said:

I wonder if PIF would have gone ahead with the takeover had they known about FMV etc ? and I wonder if we've lived up to expectations as a project (ie size of sponsorship deals, corporate reach etc) ?

We can only speculate, but I have my suspicions that they might have thought twice.  They can’t have predicted the PL’s reaction and ongoing attempts to block every route to grow the club.  

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

I don't suppose we know, but I suspect that our various legal challenges helped box them into a corner so clearing the way for it to happen once the piracy issue was settled.

I still remember trying to be at work when there was that court case live on stream and nearly crashing the website with us following it like an away game [emoji38], where the PL's lawyers were absolutely fewmin. So personally think it was a combination of the two things, but I'm speculating there.

20 minutes ago, Menace said:

:lol: I remember our fanbase dissecting every single photo as if he was making hints at our takeover. What a time to be alive.

this is the tweet from De Marco when I knew without a shadow of a doubt it was #Cans! [emoji38]

IMG_0008.thumb.jpeg.0715c6b76f4119665399058658dbe068.jpeg

Edited by PauloGeordio

16 minutes ago, madras said:

I wonder if PIF would have gone ahead with the takeover had they known about FMV etc ? and I wonder if we've lived up to expectations as a project (ie size of sponsorship deals, corporate reach etc) ?

I thought this, but it's the same for all clubs, right? The longer the likes of Chelsea & Man Utd are out of the picture in terms of CL football the more obvious the whole ruse becomes. If one of the "other 14" clubs sustains strong finishes in the league the more questions will be asked if we're repeatedly smashing our heads off the glass ceiling being imposed on us. It'll be challenged eventually, I just think AS & PIF are waiting for someone else to pull the trigger.

I think they always knew it was going to be a slow burner.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I thought this, but it's the same for all clubs, right? The longer the likes of Chelsea & Man Utd are out of the picture in terms of CL football the more obvious the whole ruse becomes. If one of the "other 14" clubs sustains strong finishes in the league the more questions will be asked if we're repeatedly smashing our heads off the glass ceiling being imposed on us. It'll be challenged eventually, I just think AS & PIF are waiting for someone else to pull the trigger.

I think they always knew it was going to be a slow burner.

Sure there was talk of a 10 year plan? Obviously sooner is better. But a slow burner yes. 

We've put in a couple of years of playing nice with FFP, would very much like for it to go away so we can compete on something of a level playing field with the top teams.

Wouldn't like to see us go and do what Chelsea have done, simply because it seems unlikely to succeed. But we clearly needed a couple more players last summer and had we been able to bring them in our season would likely have looked a lot different so far.

4 hours ago, Dokko said:

Really hoped the club would have backed Howe as quickly as possible and had a couple of bodies through the door on the 1st. 

They haven’t been quick out of the traps in any of the windows.  I think George Caulkin said a while back that the approvals process for transfers isn’t particularly quick, as everything has to run through Riyadh?

7 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Can they not do the approvals process prior to the window opens so we can get down to business once it does?

giphy.gif

Edited by loki679

Not sure if there's a post on here or Tweet that already covers this but what's our supposed current FFP position? Feels like we've got the additional CL revenue coming in this season + new commercial avenues. Are we expected to have any additional wiggle room from that?

1 hour ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Not sure if there's a post on here or Tweet that already covers this but what's our supposed current FFP position? Feels like we've got the additional CL revenue coming in this season + new commercial avenues. Are we expected to have any additional wiggle room from that?

The athletic have reported we have a small amount of room, not much though. 

Given that we need to increase revenue streams to prevent us from falling foul of FFP I’m surprised stadium naming rights, training kit and training ground sponsors haven’t been announced. They’d both bring in significant amounts of revenue, strange.

14 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Given that we need to increase revenue streams to prevent us from falling foul of FFP I’m surprised stadium naming rights, training kit and training ground sponsors haven’t been announced. They’d both bring in significant amounts of revenue, strange.

I don’t think our shiny new commercial team has done a particularly good job to date tbh.  The Sela and Noon deals were PIF ones; getting adidas to do your football kits is hardly the deal of the century. 

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I don’t think our shiny new commercial team has done a particularly good job to date tbh.  The Sela and Noon deals were PIF ones; getting adidas to do your football kits is hardly the deal of the century. 

Could there be other reasons? Like challenging FMV for related party sponsorships, after all it didn’t exist until our takeover.

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The clue is in the bolded bit. We have a fairly new team of people trying to raise interest in associating with a brand that for the past decade and a half has been associated with toxic mediocrity. Like everything else the commercial side’s growth of the club will be gradual but certain under these owners.