PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

1 hour ago, madras said:

And all that talk of 'the Northeast' and 'the region' in the press release is utterly ignorant of the enormous split in footballing allegiances around the place.

This would be Fenwick actually noting their existence or relevance, of which they've managed to severely diminish. 

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

This would be Fenwick actually noting their existence or relevance, of which they've managed to severely diminish. 

Fenwicks did note the existence of Sunderland, they opened a shop there in 1888......... it shut within a year !

1 hour ago, OpenC said:

I don't know how we managed before we had official mail and parcel delivery, and luxury shopping, partners mind :lol:

Just the dumbest part of FFP [emoji38] Could just get 500 different Saudi Companies to give us 999,999 quid a year to be our official *insert random commodity* sponsor.

Worrying that we dont have a mattress partnership yet like Man Utd

On 06/12/2023 at 06:40, BergenMagpie said:

Just the dumbest part of FFP [emoji38] Could just get 500 different Saudi Companies to give us 999,999 quid a year to be our official *insert random commodity* sponsor.

Worrying that we dont have a mattress partnership yet like Man Utd

My favourite Man Utd ‘partnership’ is their official tractor partner:

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/manchester-united-release-a-co-branded-tractor#

6 hours ago, huss9 said:

off topic, but what the fuck have fenwicks done to their fabled xmas windows of late

shite last year and shite again this year.

Bring back the aliens in the NTL Newcastle shirts [emoji38]

“Thank you to every one of you for your incredible support tonight. 

‘The team gave it their all and took us on an incredible journey these last few months. We deserved more, but this is football. 

‘We will pick ourselves up and focus on Saturday. We still have a long season ahead of us. 

‘As I’ve said before, we are building something special here and we will continue to grow. The future is bright”

— Mehrdad Ghodoussi (@ghodoussi) December 13, 2023

🖤🤍

4 hours ago, r0cafella said:

Super league or no super league, those clubs for more money exactly as they wanted to. 

Aye.

The super league is coming though, I’m not convinced it will be a European one over a closed Premier League though. The European clubs will want a European style one, but I think the English clubs would be more than happy with a closed Premier League, every club owned either by a state, or mega rich billionaires.

Once it happens though, whichever one was left out will fall and rise to its closed shop newrunner.

Liverpool, and Arsenal fans are absolutely fucking creaming about the thought of it. You know Everton will be happy to be the also ran hoping it happens and get an invite.

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye.

The super league is coming though, I’m not convinced it will be a European one over a closed Premier League though. The European clubs will want a European style one, but I think the English clubs would be more than happy with a closed Premier League, every club owned either by a state, or mega rich billionaires.

Once it happens though, whichever one was left out will fall and rise to its closed shop newrunner.

Liverpool, and Arsenal fans are absolutely fucking creaming about the thought of it. You know Everton will be happy to be the also ran hoping it happens and get an invite.

There’s a CJEU judgement due on a potential ESL on 21/12/23 re governance etc, one to watch out for.

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Can someone remind me what 'market pool' is?

The TV money, which is supposedly split between how you performed in your domestic league last year and how far you go in the Champions League in the current season. Progress, more games on TV, more coin etc..

Although why there's then another bit for "performance" I don't know.

Edited by Kilcline
Blind, didn't see the detail on the tweet

Every country in Europe has a TV deal for UCL TV rights, percentage of that deal goes to the clubs of that country for that year.

So for example (I will make up a number because I don't feel like googling the exact number right now) let's say that England has around 150m£, 4 English clubs will split that 150m. How that money is split depends on which position you were in the table last year (we were 4th so as a base we get the least) and it also depends on how far you progress in the competition.

Edited by kocunar

Nick De Marco KC has tweeted about the Court rulings on an attempt to cap agents fees to which the Court found in the agents favour. I tweeted him and said FFP and FMV should go the same way as they are anti competitive practises and wouldn’t be allowed in any other business sector.

He responded by liking the tweet, I’m probably reading to much into it or he agrees.

https://x.com/floydianmag/status/1735378703415198158?s=61&t=Yt8DTJJ-7Jh_ndgpdGSFKQ