PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Ooo.. hard hitting investigative stuff from Jacob Whitehead, the guy who hasn't heard that Moshiri is/was a russian piggy bank.. bit bizarre to see an article like that in The Athletic, as Caulkin and Waugh are so far up Amanda's a** that it almost defies journalistic objectivity...this piece almost reads like the editorial policy has changed since they were acquired by NYT, although I doubt it.

Edited by junkhead

I've genuinely seen Amazon drivers throw piss bottles from their van in the UK - so I have no idea why people do the surprised pikachu face when they hear about working conditions in major corps abroad and here.

Yous don't need to do any mental gymnastics and whataboutery you know? :lol: We're in bed with some of the worst cunts on the planet and their allies, there's no need to dance around it.

Who's saying that? We have plenty of problems in the UK that need addressing rather than acting like this stuff doesn't happen in our back garden.

12 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yous don't need to do any mental gymnastics and whataboutery you know? :lol: We're in bed with some of the worst cunts on the planet and their allies, there's no need to dance around it.

Aye, it's not ideal.. didn't mean to convey whatabouttery like that but my vocab is very limited today.

As an eastern european junkhead, there are absolutely levels to this shit and the limitless evil of putin's russia trumps everything for me... I know KSA were flirting with the BRICS bullshit, they're probably prone to fixing oil prices together and that but .. ah fuck it I'm doing it again

Edited by junkhead

Our last owner put everyone on furlough and literally had most of his staff on 0 hour contracts :lol: Better the devil and all that shite though right

Football fans are fucking odd. Imagine breaking your back to minimise the misbehaviour of our fucking sleeve sponsor :lol:

It was bad enough when we had people leaping to the defence of the Saudis, but let’s not completely debase ourselves by saying it’s fine for Noon to be cunts because Amazon are a bit shit too.

Just now, christ said:

Football fans are fucking odd. Imagine breaking your back to minimise the misbehaviour of our fucking sleeve sponsor :lol:

It was bad enough when we had people leaping to the defence of the Saudis, but let’s not completely debase ourselves by saying it’s fine for Noon to be cunts because Amazon are a bit shit too.

Nobody is doing that.

22 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I hate this "you've fucked up so we're severing all ties" culture.

There's a huge difference between a fuck-up/mistake/error in judgement and a persistent culture of mistreatment which is what is being alleged here.

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

Our last owner put everyone on furlough and literally had most of his staff on 0 hour contracts :lol: Better the devil and all that shite though right

We're not going to pretend our hatred for Ashley had anything to do with his working practices - in the context of then reflexively jumping to deflect for Saudi Arabia - are we. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

Just now, Keegans Export said:

There's a huge difference between a fuck-up/mistake/error in judgement and a persistent culture of mistreatment which is what is being alleged here.

Apologies.

I hate this "you've a persistent culture of mistreatment so we're severing all ties" culture.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Nobody is doing that.

One of the first posts after the article was shared is “what about Liverpool’s sponsor” man :lol:

38 minutes ago, STM said:

This is what happens when you get an Everton fan as a Newcastle correspondent. 

Na, it's shit craic from noon like.

I think both things are true. We'd be all over it if it was Sports Direct, but if Apple sponsored Tottenham, I don't think we'd be getting articles on Tottenham's relationship with child labour in African mineral mines.

Read most of the article. Looks pretty standard for our globalised, migration-reliant economy. Grim, in other words. Haven't come out of it feeling Noon (and their supply network) or Saudi Arabia are in any way exceptional.

Shocked at our scum of the earth owners, absolutely shocked.

We'll see more shitty companies sponsoring us over the years too, considering our owners practices.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Why? :lol: 

Because the person / company in the wrong doesn't learn anything. We entered into a partnership with them, which suggests somewhat of a two-way street. Why can't we work with them to help them be better? Surely that's the best possible outcome here.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Because the person / company in the wrong doesn't learn anything. We entered into a partnership with them, which suggests somewhat of a two-way street. Why can't we work with them to help them be better? Surely that's the best possible outcome here.

Noon are 50 per cent owned by the entity that owns 75 per cent of us.

Do we need someone at PIF to organise a meeting with themselves and explain why mistreatment of migrant workers is bad?

3 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Cause systematic abuse of workers is a serious criminal offence?

Not that the (endless) article gives much proof of this

Edited by junkhead

2 minutes ago, christ said:

Noon are 50 per cent owned by the entity that owns 75 per cent of us.

Do we need someone at PIF to organise a meeting with themselves and explain why mistreatment of migrant workers is bad?

image.thumb.png.88979d19b601a92eb6be097ce8263f86.png