Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Eddie Howe spent almost NINE hours analysing Newcastle's defeat to Bournemouth in a bid to turn around one of the worst performances of his reign.

The United chief watched the video nasty back FIVE times during the international break - and admits he side were suffering fatigue and “did not deliver.” Howe has found reasons for that during his marathon laptop session and hopes a re-energised Newcastle perform against Chelsea to start a hectic period of games.

our gaffa! ♥️

I wonder how many hours Steve Bruce put into analysis after a defeat. He probably spent nine hours thinking about what he’s gonna eat for tea that evening.

Eddie Howe is class, i’m so glad he’s our manager.

1 hour ago, Playmaker said:

I wonder how many hours Steve Bruce put into analysis after a defeat. He probably spent nine hours thinking about what he’s gonna eat for tea that evening.

9 hours on dinner? Didn't realise Greggs had such a varied menu...

18 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Howe, in his press conference today, was asked if he was willing to sign players from Saudi Arabia now that the temporary motion to ban players going on loan to clubs having the same owners has been turned down.

This is what Howe said:

“It’s not even in our thoughts at this moment in time. As I said, at the start of the season, January was not a window that we were looking to invest in.”

“It would only be a reaction to the injuries that we have and whether we need to recruit because the majority of our players would be back in January.”

“At this moment (in time) we don’t know.”

So Newcastle didn’t think they would be active in the upcoming January transfer window, until we picked up all the injuries with injured players slowly coming back.

That being true, it looks like we will only sign players in January to fill in for injured players and also for the banned Sandro Tonali.

if needs must basically! 

How many would swap Saudi weather for an English winter?

Those players took the money and the climate over the premier league. Fair weather players now. most of them, most likely.

Imagine coming to the north east in winter time, on loan from a holiday in the sun. 

If we do go in for some it'll be very interesting to see which one's are biting at the bit to come to us.

Would they get up to speed in time to make their loan spell workable.

Hmmm. We'll have to wait and see what comes of it all.

12 hours ago, Joe1984 said:

9 hours on dinner? Didn't realise Greggs had such a varied menu...

It wasn't just Greggs. He did 4 at Greggs, 2 in maccies, 2 in burger king and finished his last hour finishing the page in his police like notebook.

In between eating he spent around 6 minutes analysing then ruined it all by spilling his Mcflurry all over the page and having to ad lib it to the squad. :bluestar:

14 hours ago, Playmaker said:

He spent 9 hours thinking about which of his excuses to use next.

14 hours ago, Playmaker said:

9 hours salivating on justeat knowing him

Can we agree naming 4 goalkeepers in a match day squad is silly? Unless all of our academy players are not only awful but also have appalling attitudes, one of those spots should be for them. I don't think this is about sending a message to our board - it certainly shouldn't need to be, anyhow.

Edited by 80

Barely worthy of comment imo, it's meaningless. If the academy lads aren't up to it why bother putting them in the bench? Might as well chuck all the goalies in and make it clear to the distant observers in Riyadh that investment is required.

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Barely worthy of comment imo, it's meaningless. If the academy lads aren't up to it why bother putting them in the bench? Might as well chuck all the goalies in and make it clear to the distant observers in Riyadh that investment is required.

Supposedly the only thing holding back investment is FFP, which this won't help with. If we're as professional as we're supposed to be, childish demonstrations like this shouldn't be necessary. I accept that's 'if'.

Honestly, it really annoyed me in the run up to this game, how all of a sudden due to one loss in the league, and a loss in the Champions League, pundits and the like where saying we where in crisis, and the club is in turmoil. With people like Duncan Alexander saying utter bollocks like "It feels like we're in wheels coming off territory". 

This guy just taught all of them a lesson today.

2 hours ago, Cronky said:

I know what you mean. It's a very flimsy looking midfield, with a lot of unfamiliar names on the bench. 

I've written us off in games before, and been taken aback by the eventual result, but this time.....

3 hours ago, 80 said:

Can we agree naming 4 goalkeepers in a match day squad is silly? Unless all of our academy players are not only awful but also have appalling attitudes, one of those spots should be for them. I don't think this is about sending a message to our board - it certainly shouldn't need to be, anyhow.

Butterfly effect, if Eddie hadn't named those goalkeepers, we could have lost today.

Howe is the embodiment of the phrase when the going gets tough the tough gets going. If as unfortunately seems likely we're out of Europe come the New year and our injury crisis has eased hopefully we're still in the running for top 4 as I think they'll be an absolute juggernaut in the league, a squad full of knarly battle hardened bastards with a chip on their shoulder and Howe whipping them into a frenzy every week

59 minutes ago, Cronky said:

He's made me look a complete tit yet again. I don't learn.

Before the game, I looked at the teams and the benches and said no, not this time. Mercifully, it's in a locked thread and I can't be quoted.

:lol: Why do those threads get permalocked?

Don't get putting three keepers on the bench, unless he's trying to signal to the board the situation, to which you'd think they are aware, and only if they are refusing to back him, which you'd assume is not the case. Surely we could have put a couple of other kids on the bench as well as the ones we had? Give him more options outfield. Of course it was fine in the end, so a completely pointless observation from me. :lol:

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Don't get putting three keepers on the bench, unless he's trying to signal to the board the situation, to which you'd think they are aware, and only if they are refusing to back him, which you'd assume is not the case. Surely we could have put a couple of other kids on the bench as well as the ones we had? Give him more options outfield. Of course it was fine in the end, so a completely pointless observation from me. :lol:

It is usually a signal to the board/owners about needing more players in, or to highlight to the media how big an injury crisis is to deflect from the performance if it was poor, or highlight how brilliant the team is if it's good