Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Livramento played the whole 90 mid week I believe.

He has had a big injurynin his young career and is still working his way back to regular football.

Don't fault the manager for being careful with him.

Exactly..it's also why willock looked off tonight too. He's been out for 5/6 months, it's a lot to just expect the injured players to play 70 mins of intense running if you've done it midweek.. 

Eddie is doing his best, I'm not too fussed just enjoying the ride. We will be up there one day, give us a few years and we will be smashing it. This is all amazing experience. 

17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Howay man, that’s just nonsense. Joelinton and Willock have had injuries and probably aren’t absolutely match fit, certainly not for multiple games a week at highest intensity. Almiron runs himself into the ground every game and we saw that he can’t sustain that today without an injury. Trippier is clearly absolutely shattered, both physically and mentally. He has played the most minutes while also going away on international duty. Gordon has done the most sprints out of anyone in the league I’m sure. This idea that athletes can be robots is utter shite 

Some of those big names also had their worst performances in a while. They might be ’fit’ but they are clearly exhausted right now.

17 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

We haven't looked close to winning a game without Bruno, this season or last. Against some dross sides as well. 

Yeah, he's our one CM who's actually really technically proficient, consistent and can play under pressure.

If you can't control the centre you struggle.

Gordon     Wilson   Miggy

Barnes         Isak    Murphy

I mean we've got 5 out of our 6 attacking options all injured. I don't think that's an excuse to hide behind. Bournemouth played like they had nothing to fear from us.

Even the Joe's have played more football than we'd have liked I think after their injuries. Everyone is absolutely gagging for a rest, it's amazing we've done well so well so far given what we've had available recently. 

9 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Gordon     Wilson   Miggy

Barnes         Isak    Murphy

I mean we've got 5 out of our 6 attacking options all injured. I don't think that's an excuse to hide behind. Bournemouth played like they had nothing to fear from us.

Even the Joe's have played more football than we'd have liked I think after their injuries. Everyone is absolutely gagging for a rest, it's amazing we've done well so well so far given what we've had available recently. 

I'm pretty certain that privately there was a feeling of "FFS" when we won those two League Cup ties.

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Howay man, that’s just nonsense. Joelinton and Willock have had injuries and probably aren’t absolutely match fit, certainly not for multiple games a week at highest intensity. Almiron runs himself into the ground every game and we saw that he can’t sustain that today without an injury. Trippier is clearly absolutely shattered, both physically and mentally. He has played the most minutes while also going away on international duty. Gordon has done the most sprints out of anyone in the league I’m sure. This idea that athletes can be robots is utter shite 

shush with yer common sense replies, man. they have no place on here.

1 hour ago, KaKa said:

Livramento played the whole 90 mid week I believe.

He has had a big injurynin his young career and is still working his way back to regular football.

Don't fault the manager for being careful with him.

If he’s only got 45 minutes in him. Let it be the first 45. 

Hall has plenty of time on his side. But he’s short of being a top PL left back by some margin. 

He'll have learned a lot this last couple of weeks and that will benefit us. The destination is the same and and the last week or so won't alter the timescale, may even shorten it.

Had that match and performance been with a near starting XI I'd be thinking odd stinkers come round but as it is I'm still happy and buzzing at the way things are going.

Sometimes we have to fail, learn and move on. Even with a lower than expected league position (if that is what happens), there have been clear and obvious challenges this season and yet we’ve already had some memorable wins and will surely get some more, so it’s still going to be a positive season.

Having said that, we do need to make sure we are learning and there is some reflecting to be done, for Howe, for Ashworth, and the owners:

Stand Up to the PL Cartel

I feel that we are a bit passive when it seems like for a second time the PL are prepared to change rules mid season, directly targeted at ourselves. Start showing some backbone.

Injuries

There is some bad luck this year, but let’s face it, we’ve been bad for decades particularly when in Europe, and also Howe had a bad record for this at Bournemouth. We need an investigation and action plan.

Tonali

This is a shambles and negatively affects our squad building plan and I’m still really angry about this and we should be taking any options available to us to recoup finance.

Strikers

Having our only fit winger leading the line is ridiculous, in the short term we should move Joelinton here.

in actuality though we are in the same position we were in in January 2022 when we signed Chris Wood. Eyebrows were rightly raised when I said we should have kept Wood, but if we got rid we had to replace him, yet we hadn’t.

Even a Daryl Murphy type of signing would have done the trick.

Bruno

we need to work out why we can’t win without Bruno

2 minutes ago, James said:

Sometimes we have to fail, learn and move on. Even with a lower than expected league position (if that is what happens), there have been clear and obvious challenges this season and yet we’ve already had some memorable wins and will surely get some more, so it’s still going to be a positive season.

Having said that, we do need to make sure we are learning and there is some reflecting to be done, for Howe, for Ashworth, and the owners:

Stand Up to the PL Cartel

I feel that we are a bit passive when it seems like for a second time the PL are prepared to change rules mid season, directly targeted at ourselves. Start showing some backbone.

Injuries

There is some bad luck this year, but let’s face it, we’ve been bad for decades particularly when in Europe, and also Howe had a bad record for this at Bournemouth. We need an investigation and action plan.

Tonali

This is a shambles and negatively affects our squad building plan and I’m still really angry about this and we should be taking any options available to us to recoup finance.

Strikers

Having our only fit winger leading the line is ridiculous, in the short term we should move Joelinton here.

in actuality though we are in the same position we were in in January 2022 when we signed Chris Wood. Eyebrows were rightly raised when I said we should have kept Wood, but if we got rid we had to replace him, yet we hadn’t.

Even a Daryl Murphy type of signing would have done the trick.

Bruno

we need to work out why we can’t win without Bruno

Wood was £25m on a 2.5 year deal. In terms of FFP that's the equivalent of a £50m player on 5 years. The fact that we found someone to take him off our hands for such a fee was a miracle really. 

The one thing I certainly do not care about is that we no longer have Chris Wood. He was extremely poor to the point of uselessness. Getting good money back for him and off the wage bill freed us up to make other signings that we otherwise would not have had the room to do so.

Putting a third choice striker on the books is difficult and not something most clubs are able to do in a world where you play a single striker. I also don't think signing a subpar player just to fill a gap is productive use of resources.

The solution is a wide player who can also play through the middle and/or or a young striker to develop as Wilson declines. We will definitely do it - it's just the club prioritized other positions first.

Edited by ponsaelius

The amount of injuries we've had would have decimated Man City. We were fucked tonight. It can only get better, even if we only have 1 or 2 back, at least they'll be better rested.

Can't in any way blame Howe, he'll have us bounce back.

3 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:

I’m confident he’s the man for us.

We’ve had a brutal series of injuries, our second most expensive signing ever being banned for an extended period of time and extremely difficult draws in European and domestic cups. 

The thing that makes me so confident in Howe is his willingness to develop and learn. We have seen this before when we were looking too predictable. It's his first year in european football, and surely he will be trying to figure out how we ended up in this situation with the injuries. It's not like some certain previous managers who would keep repeating the same mistakes over and over because they were too ignorant. If Howe should've rotated more, and that's why we are in this situation, he will figure that out and try to do better in the future.

Edited by Erikse

Aye no issue at all with this week. Fucking destroyed by fatigue and injuries and yah probably could have set us up differently but it happens. I’d be actually quite frustrated if we lost today with a proper 11. Not today man, we’ve played 12 in the premier league but feels like we played 30 matches ffs. 

Edited by Kanji