Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, r0cafella said:

Bit of a wild take is this. One of the top scoring wingers of the previous season who is a relentless presser. Sure he has his weaknesses so does Werner who earned massive money and got a move to a bigger club than Roma and leverkusen. 

im not saying we will get top dollar but he will definitely have takers at around 15m. 

Thats 1 season out of the 5 he’s been here. Most of those goals came in a 12 game purple patch.  Again. People know this in real life. 

Timo Werner scored over 100 professional goals in a top 5 league before the age of 25. Including 78 league goals in 4 seasons. He was recognised as a top talent in European football. What does that have to do with Miggy Almiron?

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Thats 1 season out of the 5 he’s been here. Most of those goals came in a 12 game purple patch.  Again. People know this in real life. 

Timo Werner scored over 100 professional goals in a top 5 league before the age of 25. Including 78 league goals in 4 seasons. He was recognised as a top talent in European football. What does that have to do with Miggy Almiron?

Werner was laughed out of the premier league. We know what the defences of the German teams are like, they are a meme at this point. 

As you are very aware, Miggy has looked much worst than he actually is recently due him being absolutely overloaded. Im absolutely certain we could get 10-15m for him, it’s such a small fee which any premier league club can afford. 

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

You're assuming every club is doing good scouting which isn't the case... West ham paid £20m for Danny Ings 

To think we can't find a buyer for Almiron is bonkers imo 

Danny Ings is well regarded in the game.  He’s been bought for over £10m four different times in his career. He has over 100 league goals in the game. He’s had multiple good seasons in the PL. 

And he went for £12m (not 20). How is Almiron going to go for more than Ings? He’s not.  

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

We know what the defences of the German teams are like, they are a meme at this point.

This forum really need to stop the down talking of Bundes. Some of the best players in the PL are coming from there.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Werner was laughed out of the premier league. We know what the defences of the German teams are like, they are a meme at this point. 

As you are very aware, Miggy has looked much worst than he actually is recently due him being absolutely overloaded. Im absolutely certain we could get 10-15m for him, it’s such a small fee which any premier league club can afford. 

Doesn’t matter.  If an attacking player proves himself in the Bundesliga - he will get a big money move. There’s a dozen examples. Some work, some don’t. But the fees are big. If Miggy had 3 great seasons in the Bundesliga - he would move for big money too.  But he hasn’t. 

Doesn’t matter.  If an attacking player proves himself in the Bundesliga - he will get a big money move. There’s a dozen examples. Some work, some don’t. But the fees are big. If Miggy had 3 great seasons in the Bundesliga - he would move for big money too.  But he hasn’t. 

:lol:

we aren’t talking big money, we are talking a reasonable fee for an attacker. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

:lol:

we aren’t talking big money, we are talking a reasonable fee for an attacker. 

A 29 year old attacker who hasn’t consistently delivered at a high level. On big wages. 

I set the profile up.  Name me another - his age - his wages - his track record. That’s gone for more than £15m. 

If he has another purple patch this season. Sure - that might convince a buyer. 

A 29 year old attacker who hasn’t consistently delivered at a high level. On big wages. 

I set the profile up.  Name me another - his age - his wages - his track record. That’s gone for more than £15m. 

Im far too lazy to go searching and time will tell mind. His wages aren’t even that large. We got more for Chris wood also :lol:

Just now, r0cafella said:

Im far too lazy to go searching and time will tell mind. His wages aren’t even that large. We got more for Chris wood also :lol:

Chris Wood scored 10+ goals in the 4 previous seasons to joining us. He's scored over 150 professional goals in the English game.

At a certain level. He is a proven goalscorer. He is proven. Enough to keep a team in the PL. He is proven. Clubs have seen him as a low-risk choice who will score goals. Again, run the filter.. current PL players that have scored 10+ goals in 4 different seasons. It's a short list. 

Miguel Almiron has had 1 good season in 5. He's not proven. You can get lads like Anthony Elanga for £15m... 21 years old.. why would you sign Miguel Almiron? His age doesn't give you that track record of delivering goals or assists.

42 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Use the following filter:

Remove those that are 30+, this has a massive impact on resale value (as Miggy will be this summer)

Remove those on high wages say.. £50k+ (Miggy is rumoured to earn £60k p/w)

Remove those that are proven at a high-level 

What do you have left? Genuine question, I've not bothered to look through your list but I can guess most of these are 27 or younger with resale value, on low wages. If not - they will be proven performers at a certain level.

He's too old. On too much money. And hasn't delivered enough at a high level to demand a high fee. IMO anyway.

Edit: You are bigging up a 1 goal in 6 winger. Is everything ok?

50-60k a week is not very much to be honest. And I think he knows his next wage will be smaller no matter where he ends up.

I am not bigging up anyone. I am saying what 10-20 million buys you these days. 12 million got us Matt Targett.

1 in 6 winger means he scores 6 goals a season. From that list, how many have got that? 

Miggy Almiron certainly is a "proven performer of certain level" and that level is Premier League. Is he a top EPL player? No, but that is why you get him for that price. 10-20 million does not get you a "top player" like my list shows. It gets you someone like Jacob Murphy or Miggy Almiron.

You are singling out Xhaka from there, because most likely he is one of the few you know from that list. And Xhaka was signed by CL club in top5 league, Almiron is at the moment playing regularly for one.

Edited by KingArthur

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

We just sold Saint-Maximin, a player who was constantly injured, on a bigger wage than Almiron, who scored 12 goals in Premier league during his 4 seasons here (less than 1 in 6), for 25 million. Yes, he is 3 years younger, but I certainly I really don't understand your point.

And yes, he was our best attacking player under Bruce, in a team that was almost relegated every year.

1 minute ago, KingArthur said:

We just sold Saint-Maximin, a player who was constantly injured, on a bigger wage than Almiron, who scored 12 goals in Premier league during his 4 seasons here (less than 1 in 6), for 25 million. Yes, he is 3 years younger, but I certainly I really don't understand your point.

And yes, he was our best attacking player under Bruce, in a team that was almost relegated every year.

ASM was sold for a criminally low fee though, he should have been at least 35m 

Almiron is worth 20m all day long. That gets you average to decent premier league players. Almiron is worth more than Murphy and there was an article linking Murphy with someone earlier in the season for 25m

The time for being confident about getting proper money for Almiron was definitely last summer.

There could be buyers out there. But the points Dropout's making are solid. He's a player who is worth a lot more to some than others, and the day he loses his legs he becomes almost worthless.

That said, £15m isn't to be sniffed at as it would loosen up £75m this summer in FFP-land...

Nobody in the prem is buying Almiron. He'll go abroad, to a team who can't afford as much as some of you think he should be worth.

I love him to bits, and I think we should keep him, but only because we can't afford to replace him yet.

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

Nobody in the prem is buying Almiron. He'll go abroad, to a team who can't afford as much as some of you think he should be worth.

I love him to bits, and I think we should keep him, but only because we can't afford to replace him yet.

Hes one of few players with value we can move on and upgrade.

It's a valid point of view. He'll be hard to replace. But the FFP madness means someone pretty much has to be sold, and £10-15m let's us outlay on anything up to a Botman+Bruno.

3 minutes ago, TRC said:

Hes one of few players with value we can move on and upgrade.

I get that. But this conversation started about the claim that we'd be selling Almiron or Wilson instead of Bruno, Botman or Isak. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

I get that. But this conversation started about the claim that we'd be selling Almiron or Wilson instead of Bruno, Botman or Isak. 

In terms of investment to go at the top 6 next year we probably dont need much, we have 80m of player to play for us next year who barely kicked a ball, Minteh to come back in. Miley and Hall should be more ready. 40m on out goings, bring in 120m worth of player and we should be in a good spot. Its not like we need 100m of sales to progress.

Not sure how much the new manager will cost either.

Just now, TRC said:

In terms of investment to go at the top 6 next year we probably dont need much, we have 80m of player to play for us next year who barely kicked a ball, Minteh to come back in. Miley and Hall should be more ready. 40m on out goings, bring in 120m worth of player and we should be in a good spot. Its not like we need 100m of sales to progress.

Not sure how much the new manager will cost either.

But you don't spend all of that in the first window, so we need to make those sales every single year. We just don't have the players to do that (yet).

Just now, Shearergol said:

But you don't spend all of that in the first window, so we need to make those sales every single year. We just don't have the players to do that (yet).

Hopefully the young lads we have signed the last few years can step up, I'm sure some of them are highly rated.

Just now, TRC said:

Hopefully the young lads we have signed the last few years can step up, I'm sure some of them are highly rated.

I reckon we'll flip Ashby and Kuol but no idea how much we'd get for them.

Anderson will likely go in 2 years too.

8 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Sod all beyond a percentage of resale value, surely.