Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

Howe's inability to react or sack off his mates when they're a liability will ultimately cost him his job.

Credit where its due, he's done a great job, but in the summer he needs to go.

Wow. :lol: If the end of the season is a mess he probably will go, but we can still get European football and a good run in the FA Cup. Let’s not give up on the man just yet. 

Just now, Zero said:

so should we feel pleased to get 1 point today? If that’s the case then I apologise

No, I’m not suggesting one point is ever ideal at home.  But teams do drop points at home, sometimes unexpectedly.  And it isn’t usually after a bonkers 4-4

32 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We didn’t learn anything new today.  Howe tends to pick players that he likes and trusts, and usually makes tactical substitutions reactively - and this season, this has often been after chucking away an unnecessary goal or two.

If every game where it happens is as fun as this one was, I’d be ok.  Doubt his employers share this view, mind. 

Agreed. He’s been here 2 years now and it feels like I know 99% of his moves. 

You can name his lineup 11/11 for any game. Doesn’t matter the opponent too much. 

If we are winning you can name the subs and the minutes.  

And you can bet your bottom dollar he won’t make a proactive sub if we are winning. There’s been many 45 minutes Burn hasn’t deserved to come out and played again but it’s happened so often under Howe that you actually expect him to be a little better after half time. But if he’s not better - he’s going to stay on until we’ve paid for it.

14 minutes ago, Decky said:

I wouldn’t say so. This Luton team is decent enough and Liverpool, City and Arsenal struggled to get past them this season, they also slapped  Brighton 4-0 last week. 

No sorry I meant we have the habit of throwing away wins against newly promoted teams.. Blackpool, Derby, Luton etc.

I'm sure we give Derby 4 of their 9 points that year

Just now, RobsonsWonderland said:

No sorry I meant we have the habit of throwing away wins against newly promoted teams.. Blackpool, Derby, Luton etc.

I'm sure we give Derby 4 of their 9 points that year

*11 points.  We did, including their only win. 

The summer transfer window is so important. Our lack of pace needs to be addressed. A proper left back and a centre back need to be purchased that both have pace. Preferably a central midfielder as well that can be defence minded but also fit into Howe’s style. 

Howe can’t continue to play a high pressing game with a high line with the lack of pace we have got, teams are figuring it out 

8 minutes ago, Andybiotics said:

Howe's inability to react or sack off his mates when they're a liability will ultimately cost him his job.

Credit where its due, he's done a great job, but in the summer he needs to go.

:lol: I think we should judge him on a season which hasn't been decimated by injuries like.

I think Joelinton and Tonali for Longstaff and Miley would solve almost as much as replacing Burn. 

I’ve never rated Burn at LB but there are also lots of problems that Howe can’t fix because his tools have been taken away. 

1 minute ago, Vaj said:

The summer transfer window is so important. Our lack of pace needs to be addressed. A proper left back and a centre back need to be purchased that both have pace. Preferably a central midfielder as well that can be defence minded but also fit into Howe’s style. 

Howe can’t continue to play a high pressing game with a high line with the lack of pace we have got, teams are figuring it out 

Throw in Joelinton, Willock and Tonali and we are a much stronger, faster, powerful and athletic team.  

A fit Joelinton and we win that game.  

Burn has probably directly contributed to as many wins  as he has what feels like a loss today. He's hardly been a big disaster every game. But we cannot go into next season with him starting at left back that's for sure.

Regarding Eddie Howe, even on a day as potentially disastrous as today was, still the team came back and looked great doing so. Still his Barnes signing shone as did Gordon, still his setup manages to get two goals out of Longstaff, still he continues to get significant contributions out of 17 year old Miley.

Getting rid of Howe would be a disaster. He would shortly end up somewhere else and only continue to get better and better, and we would never live it down.

Edited by KaKa

1 minute ago, Vaj said:

Tonali is very quick. The midfield 3 with him and either of the Joe's would make a huge difference. The current 3 we are forced to play is leaving the defence exposed a lot, particularly on transitions. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Throw in Joelinton, Willock and Tonali and we are a much stronger, faster, powerful and athletic team.  

A fit Joelinton and we win that game.  

Yeah I agree and that’s why I think the central midfielder is less important in the summer when everyone is back but going forward we need more pace at the back and for the rest of this season, Tino has to start for me. 

9 minutes ago, Decky said:

Wow. :lol: If the end of the season is a mess he probably will go, but we can still get European football and a good run in the FA Cup. Let’s not give up on the man just yet. 

He probably won’t go. 

1 minute ago, Vaj said:

Yeah I agree and that’s why I think the central midfielder is less important in the summer when everyone is back but going forward we need more pace at the back and for the rest of this season, Tino has to start for me. 

We still need another passer in the team. All our passing is from Tripps, Schar and Bruno. Nobody else does anything penetrative or cute.

We normally have at least 1 dribbley CM which we’ve missed 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

We still need another passer in the team. All our passing is from Tripps, Schar and Bruno. Nobody else does anything penetrative or cute.

Hopefully once he has fully settled, Tonali can offer that. He showed signs of it before his ban

I love Eddie and really want him to do well. Just wish he didnt annoy me so damn much with his decisions sometimes.

Ill probably get over it tomorrow. If Burn starts against another pacey winger though..

32 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Meaning, what? Dock his wages? Sack him? Public humiliation? What must we do given we cannot accept this? What are the repercussions?

Sqad! Present..........

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Miley has a great pass in him. His overall play will also improve every year going on.

This season with the injuries were a side stretching to compete for the dregs of the European places and Luton have been a problem for everyone this season and in with a shot of staying up. Its not a 3rd round cup tie against a lower league club just because Luton are a small club. They're little different to Everton on the field.

Were not Manchester City where we should walk every home game against anybody outside the top 7. 

The biggest critics are the first to point that out time and again in their comments on the manager/players and yet react like we are whenever we drop points.

Everyone is disappointed at the result. Generally though nobody should be disappointed with the club/manager/players

Edited by Wolfcastle