Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

100% behind him as it stands still to be honest. Why wouldn't I be... we're ahead of where I expected us to be.

I’m behind him too but we’ve clearly spent the last year going backwards. And I know you’d be blowing balloons up if we finished 6th but that will lose us our best players.

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

100% behind him as it stands still to be honest. Why wouldn't I be... we're ahead of where I expected us to be.

Quite unbelievable that someone has to post this after what is his best ever start to a season with us.

I think we've gone a long way on just building a fantastic family atmosphere at the club, we've overachieved on the back of it. But that will only get you so far, and we need to be ruthless when it comes to only putting players on the pitch when they are performing, not on the back of their reputations. If they want top contracts then they need to put out top performances. Doesn't matter whether you are Bruno, Gordon or Longstaff.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, unless I’m misremembering Staveley talked about five-year plans at the end of which we’d be competing at the top.  Three years into that I’d expect that we’d be pushing for European spots. 

Which we are and have already been in too.

I think (happy to be corrected too) that was before all the FFP and PSR restrictions being really heavily implemented too...

Just now, Heron said:

Which we are and have already been in too.

I think (happy to be corrected too) that was before all the FFP and PSR restrictions being really heavily implemented too...

Most of those were always in place tbf - the restrictive sponsorship rules were the only ones which post-date the takeover.

I don’t think Staveley understood FFP entirely in all fairness 

Just now, Ronaldo said:

I’m behind him too but we’ve clearly spent the last year going backwards. And I know you’d be blowing balloons up if we finished 6th but that will lose us our best players.

It's all about perspective. We have come sk far in such a short spell of time albeit in an unusual fashion by finishing higher then lower again. Presently we're higher than we finished last season.

I won't apologise for being positive. :lol:

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We didn’t finish mid table last year or the previous did we? 

No, but a mixture of some players getting older and that it isn't realistic to expect pre-takeover players to continue their improved form over more than 12-16 months is why we are a mid-table team. When I say mid-table, we might get a lower European place but that's about it. 

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

We don’t automatically sell everyone if we finish 6th. 

5 minutes ago, Heron said:

Im behind him aswell, but not unconditionally anymore. Id say the performances we have seen for quite some time now is not ahead (far from it) of where we should be, even if the results are good enough. Last year could be excused by injuries, now he has to step it up. Really hope he(we) will.

Most of those were always in place tbf - the restrictive sponsorship rules were the only ones which post-date the takeover.

I don’t think Staveley understood FFP entirely in all fairness 

I think the club have made mistkaes from the top down more than the other way around and hence why the root cause of my concern lies less with Eddie Howe and more with the way the club has operated.

None of the performances have been good to date this season though for a whole host of reasons, it seems. Individual mistakes, wrong formation (1st half today), players being touted about pre season.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We don’t automatically sell everyone if we finish 6th. 

Either they’ll get their move or we’ll see the type of disinterest in our top players that we’ve seen so far this season.

4 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Not selling our best players is potentially a part of the problem - as counterintuitive as it feels to even write that.  At some point we need to bring in big money on sales in order to kick on - otherwise we can’t sign anyone and we run the risk of going stale 

21 minutes ago, J7 said:

We’ve got numerous players we bought for £40m plus. We shouldnt be having many atrocious days.

So have plenty of other teams. We still have a lot of average players, the fact at can't find buyers for many of our players speaks volumes. 

Not selling our best players is potentially a part of the problem - as counterintuitive as it feels to even write that.  At some point we need to bring in big money on sales in order to kick on - otherwise we can’t sign anyone and we run the risk of going stale 

We already have gone stale imo.

Just now, Heron said:

I think the club have made mistkaes from the top down more than the other way around and hence why the root cause of my concern lies less with Eddie Howe and more with the way the club has operated.

None of the performances have been good to date this season though for a whole host of reasons, it seems. Individual mistakes, wrong formation (1st half today), players being touted about pre season.

I agree tbh - it is why I’m of the belief that Howe deserves plenty of time and it is very much early days this season.  If we’re playing like this for the next four months then the writing might be on the wall - but there’s a lot of football between now and then.  I think we turn this round 

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, unless I’m misremembering Staveley talked about five-year plans at the end of which we’d be competing at the top.  Three years into that I’d expect that we’d be pushing for European spots. 

People keep fetching this up and conveniently forgetting she said "5 to 10 year plan"

Just now, Ronaldo said:

Sadly it’s looked like that all season. A lot of them look not arsed.

I imagine if you don't have trips onside you'll lose a lot of the dressing room. Change of captain doesn't appear to have had anything but a negative effect.