Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Not sure he could do much more with the subs available in all honesty - though when we’ve got a squad back I’ll be interested to see if the last few months has changed his thinking.  With a full squad, subs seemed to be made to a pre-planned sequence rather than reacting to the game unfolding in front of us

I’ll happily back Howe on the Hall situation - he’s the manager, he sees the lad everyday.  If he thinks he’s not good enough to play at the moment, then that’s the right call for me.  The question mark arises over why he’s here and will he be here next season, but that’s not the same as questioning Howe bringing him on or not 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Areet Legga! Hope you're doing well.

It's the more emotional posts about it I think are fair game for ribbing. Howe's in an unenviable position, imagine if he makes changes on 2-0 and we go on to lose, it's not unlikely either with the players available.

Hello Michael! 

Nah, I get that with the OTT posts. Like I said earlier, fuck knows what Howe can do. We know this approach will win us the odd game, and then leave us knackered for the following 2/3 games. It's a shit cycle. 

Surprisingly disappointing performance. When your goalie is a big candidate for man of the match in a win, there's a problem.

No big issue with the subs though, apart from the Hall situation being weird. I expected and wanted us to put our best team tonight. I just thought the rest and prep would've delivered us more than spending most of the night penned in. Thank god Fulham were allergic to goals!

4 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

Hello Michael! 

Nah, I get that with the OTT posts. Like I said earlier, fuck knows what Howe can do. We know this approach will win us the odd game, and then leave us knackered for the following 2/3 games. It's a shit cycle. 

We're gonna have much bigger gaps between games for the rest of this season, so I'm hoping we've kicked that problem into the long grass for the time being

Why was Dubravka a big candidate for MOTM? He made one good save, after he looked to be unsighted or wrong-footed. But people would have rightly been disappointed if that had gone in. As it wasn’t hit hard and not in the corner. Didn’t have much to do after that. 

Nobody played particularly well. But Dubs wasn’t any better or worse than most of them. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Why was Dubravka a big candidate for MOTM? He made one good save, after he looked to be unsighted or wrong-footed. But people would have rightly been disappointed if that had gone in. As it wasn’t hit hard and not in the corner. Didn’t have much to do after that. 

Nobody played particularly well. But Dubs wasn’t any better or worse than most of them. 

It was more the dearth of alternatives. We were lucky to win tonight, they could have had 5.

We got a lot more cute with our football at the end of the match, so hopefully it's boosted our confidence.

6 minutes ago, 80 said:

It was more the dearth of alternatives. We were lucky to win tonight, they could have had 5.

We got a lot more cute with our football at the end of the match, so hopefully it's boosted our confidence.

[emoji38]

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Easily, with a proper striker.

so not with the team that played, then.

we would have been better with joelinton in the team but we didnt have him either.

2 minutes ago, huss9 said:

so not with the team that played, then.

we would have been better with joelinton in the team but we didnt have him either.

Being carved open is being carved open. This wasn't a steely, forbidding defensive display, it was a smash and grab, with unlikely goalscorers making up for our main attackers fumbling almost everything they touched.

1 minute ago, 80 said:

Being carved open is being carved open. This wasn't a steely, forbidding defensive display, it was a smash and grab, with unlikely goalscorers making up for our main attackers fumbling almost everything they touched.

what game were you watching man. 

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

Tart's arse.

52 minutes ago, Weezertron said:

I think for the most part people are suggesting subs are made as a means to get ahead of fatigue and injury crisis. 

I agree with this normally, but we had a two week break and looked even worse than when we were "fatigued". Seems more of a confidence thing, because as soon as we went 2-0 up, suddenly we were passing all around their press.

41 minutes ago, 80 said:

I thought we played pretty badly for the most part. But that just isn’t true, is it? 

We could have had 5 and all then :lol: 

24 minutes ago, 80 said:

Eh?

I watched a really scrappy game… one where both teams were poor… one where Fulham had 2/3 shots on goal all game… and where we took two chances that fell our way.

We didn’t play well with the ball, but defensively we were pretty good.

The midfield for me is the problem. A seeming lack of confidence / ability to keep the ball. Understandable considering the absentees.

5 minutes ago, Menace said:

They could have had 5 with 3 shots on goal

If they had better players they would have had more shots, obviously. 

this forum man, can’t people find any enjoyment anymore? [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, Menace said:

Their problem wasn't just the shooting, they just had no one to attack the ball. There was one particular cross in the first half which I was worried our defenders might deflect it in even if their forwards were too timid to attack it.

7 minutes ago, Menace said:

They had 14 shots on goal? Not counting the fairly marginally offside goal and the ball whizzing across the face of our goal untouched by attackers or defenders several times. Maybe this is some strange new breed of defensive genius I'm not familiar with.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Their problem wasn't just the shooting, they just had no one to attack the ball. There was one particular cross in the first half which I was worried our defenders might deflect it in even if their forwards were too timid to attack it.

Doesn't count mate.

5 minutes ago, 80 said:

They had 14 shots on goal? Not counting the fairly marginally offside goal and the ball whizzing across the face of our goal untouched by attackers or defenders several times. Maybe this is some strange new breed of defensive genius I'm not familiar with.

Yep, I thought it was as much to do with poor decision-making and a lack of composure from Fulham.  You can’t rely on that being the case every week.