Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

7 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Read the original post you commented on again, genius. I didn’t even mention that Dan Burn is a CB. The focus of the post was on his size and chronic lack of mobility. 
Easy mistake to make when you’re a bit simple, and there’s no judgement from me big guy. Might be worth reading things a couple of times in future before you reply though  ?

“Literally every top team and every elite manager uses two pacey, mobile, creative fullbacks.”

Arteta plays White, a CB at full back. 
Ake, Gvardiol and also Stones are CBs by trade who get played at full back. 

you said every top manager plays with creative fast fullbacks. A few posts later you then admitted Arteta plays white at full back. 

I’ve not once mentioned Dan burn 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

So like any other defender does?

Are you genuinely trying to argue that Burn been beaten on the counter by rapid wingers is a notable flaw in our gameplan over the past 2 year? 

This week is genuinely the first time I can remember it being legitimately exposed. There should be loads of examples though?

Rapid wingers, slow wingers it's doesn't matter. If you can't remember go a look at the goals we have conceded this season and see how many are from the side. Either from not even getting close to stop a cross or getting roasted. Even at Fulham they got in behind numerous times, they were just too crap to do anything about it. Villa game when Bailey came on it looked like they'd get right back into until Tino came on, Walker having about 3 days to cross for Man.c's 1st, Salah for at least 1 of the goals. That's just the recent stuff. 

Burn was solid last season, and was at times this season, but there's not a single reason he should be starting over Livramento 

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

“Literally every top team and every elite manager uses two pacey, mobile, creative fullbacks.”

Arteta plays White, a CB at full back. 
Ake, Gvardiol and also Stones are CBs by trade who get played at full back. 

you said every top manager plays with creative fast fullbacks. A few posts later you then admitted Arteta plays white at full back. 

I’ve not once mentioned Dan burn 

White is a pacey, mobile, creative fullback when he plays at fullback.

Ake is a pacey, mobile, creative fullback when he plays at fullback.

John Stones is a pacey, mobile, creative fullback when he plays at fullback.

There's a reason their managers are able to play them at fullback. Shall I give you a clue? It’s because they are pacey, mobile and creative. Plus, they offer defensive solidity at the same time. It’s about the player playing in the position, not what he’s positionally labelled as on Football Manager.

9 minutes ago, M1tche said:

Rapid wingers, slow wingers it's doesn't matter. If you can't remember go a look at the goals we have conceded this season and see how many are from the side. Either from not even getting close to stop a cross or getting roasted. Even at Fulham they got in behind numerous times, they were just too crap to do anything about it. Villa game when Bailey came on it looked like they'd get right back into until Tino came on, Walker having about 3 days to cross for Man.c's 1st, Salah for at least 1 of the goals. That's just the recent stuff. 

Burn was solid last season, and was at times this season, but there's not a single reason he should be starting over Livramento 

I'm not going to go into a full on rundown of every goal concede, but this is during a time when Trippier has looked like utter shite, we've been physically fucked, and poor defensively for about 3 month. 

My point is that people have been worrying about Burn being roasted by pace for about 18 month, but we've rarely let it happen. Now that he has (and I said at halftime he needed to come off), it's being made out like this is happening every week (not by you fwiw).

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, Holmesy said:

That scene in Moneyball where the manager keeps playing a player that doesn’t fit into the system they’re trying to build so Brad Pitt sells him, reminds me of us right now.
We basically need the board to release Dan Burn on a free so Eddie can get over his damaging obsession, and is forced to pick someone who deserves a first team spot. I think it’s the only way

Fucking mental take, wanting to release him from his contract to stop the Manager playing. 

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Fucking mental take, wanting to release him from his contract to stop the Manager playing. 

Chill out dude, I thought it would be obvious it was tongue in cheek. 

40 minutes ago, duo said:

tbf Burn has been a liability for a while - even against Villa he had to bring on Tino to help cover for him.  I don't understand why Eddie doesn't tell Burn to stop flying forward - he adds nothing to the attack and it keeps resulting in us being hit on the break.

really boils my piss. 

In all fairness, we'd see what it contributes to our attack if Burn stopped doing it. Despite all his massive limitations, we have scored many goals as a result of him pulling defenders out of position on the wing.

The issue is if/the obvious fact that Livramento could do it better.

6 minutes ago, 80 said:

In all fairness, we'd see what it contributes to our attack if Burn stopped doing it. Despite all his massive limitations, we have scored many goals as a result of him pulling defenders out of position on the wing.

The issue is if/the obvious fact that Livramento could do it better.

And recover faster too.

Just now, Gallowgate Toon said:

And recover faster too.

Arguably he'd work better with Almiron on the left too, restoring our ability to cut in from the wing that we otherwise lose with Miggy playing there.

59 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

White is a pacey, mobile, creative fullback when he plays at fullback.

Ake is a pacey, mobile, creative fullback when he plays at fullback.

John Stones is a pacey, mobile, creative fullback when he plays at fullback.

There's a reason their managers are able to play them at fullback. Shall I give you a clue? It’s because they are pacey, mobile and creative. Plus, they offer defensive solidity at the same time. It’s about the player playing in the position, not what he’s positionally labelled as on Football Manager.

fancy a shot at the title 

Just now, Myleftboot said:

One of the CEO’s said we have to be in the top 6 every season.

We’ll struggle to do that this season.  Which board member said it and where?  (Not questioning that you’re right, just curious about the framing)

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

We’ll struggle to do that this season.  Which board member said it and where?  (Not questioning that you’re right, just curious about the framing)

Think it was Silverstone. Will try and dig it out.

3 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Chris Wood turning into a young Dimitar Birbatov was surreal like, I stayed away from the forum that day but I imagine it was a laugh like.

Yep. Just thought in the immortal words of Queen "thank god Its Christmas" that afternoon

Guest reefatoon
6 hours ago, Andybiotics said:

Howe's inability to react or sack off his mates when they're a liability will ultimately cost him his job.

Credit where its due, he's done a great job, but in the summer he needs to go.

[emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
5 hours ago, Andy said:

In fairness, City and Arsenal have the luxury of having top class players in almost every other position to make up for that. The players they had at fullback are also faster than Burn.

Burn has been badly exposed because of the lack of protection from midfield this season; last season he had Willock and Joelinton doubling up to help him. Miley (understandably) and Longstaff don't do it as effectively, so if Gordon isn't back helping out he's in trouble. 

We have a fullback sat on the bench who so far has shown he doesn't need the same level of protection. Ogbene was anonymous when Tino came on today

Did he not have a great chance of scoring where he left Tino at the back post only to have Dubravka save it?