Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

33 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Did he not have a great chance of scoring where he left Tino at the back post only to have Dubravka save it? 

Christ, are there any lengths people won’t go to, to defend Dan Burn?

Livra and Barnes came on and managed to salvage some small rewards from the wreckage of the Dan Burn car crash.  Yeah, ultimately, they should’ve put that away and we should’ve lost, but we should never have been in that position in the first place 

Guest reefatoon
6 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Livra and Barnes came on and managed to salvage some small rewards from the wreckage of the Dan Burn car crash.  Yeah, ultimately, they should’ve put that away and we should’ve lost, but we should never have been in that position in the first place 

How was that defending Dan Burn? He stated the lad was anonymous when he could have scored the winner if it wasn’t for Dubravka. Aye Burn had a stinker yesterday but Christ, are there any lengths people won’t go to, to slate Dan Burn?

Edited by reefatoon

11 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We’ll struggle to do that this season.  Which board member said it and where?  (Not questioning that you’re right, just curious about the framing)

78902BF0-2F75-45A2-B1E5-DE19AE69132D.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

78902BF0-2F75-45A2-B1E5-DE19AE69132D.jpeg

Got you.  I remember this one.  This was what the club’s aim is in the long-term, not for this season.  It was noted at the time as it was a significant climb down from ‘we will win the Premier League, we will win the Champions League’ etc.  

Edited by TheBrownBottle

8 hours ago, Holmesy said:

Sorry folks, I was pissed last night when I wrote that. Not my finest moment.

There's now 8 sides who want/believe they should be in the top 6. Someone has to be disappointed.

Without these injuries we'd be top 6 (ish). Like I've said before, bin this season.

Just now, Holmesy said:

You didn’t call your company CEO a cunt, so as far as drunken bad moments go, it is still well behind my worst mate :) 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Got you.  I remember this one.  This was what the club’s aim is, long-term not for this season.  It was noted at the time as it was a significant climb down from ‘we will win the Premier League, we will win the Champions League’ etc.  

But the two can exist together. Their aim is to win the PL and CL, but in order to get there they need to be top 6 sustainable first.

IMO, what's happening ON the pitch is irrelevant until we get the commercial side sorted. 

2 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

[emoji38]:thup:

We've all been there. I apologised yesterday too. 

Much better place when people admit to getting a tad worked up. Just shows how much we care.

Sometimes I wish in hated football. [emoji38]

Just now, STM said:

But the two can exist together. Their aim is to win the PL and CL, but in order to get there they need to be top 6 sustainable first.

IMO, what's happening ON the pitch is irrelevant until we get the commercial side sorted. 

I agree, the commercial matters more - however they aren’t independent of one another.   There is a reason that Man Utd got tens of millions more from their CL group stage failure than we did - coefficients.  And high placings = higher income.  The club won’t grow if (massive ‘if’ - not saying this will happen) we spend the next two or three years in mid table; we’ll be no further forward.  

1 minute ago, STM said:

[emoji38]:thup:

We've all been there. I apologised yesterday too. 

Much better place when people admit to getting a tad worked up. Just shows how much we care.

Sometimes I wish in hated football. [emoji38]

Don’t hate the game, hate the fans 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I agree, the commercial matters more - however they aren’t independent of one another.   There is a reason that Man Utd got tens of millions more from their CL group stage failure than we did - coefficients.  And high placings = higher income.  The club won’t grow if (massive ‘if’ - not saying this will happen) we spend the next two or three years in mid table; we’ll be no further forward.  

Oh aye, I'm not advocating us not trying to achieve as much as possible.

Some serious, serious, shit needs to happen this summer. 

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Oh aye, I'm not advocating us not trying to achieve as much as possible.

Some serious, serious, shit needs to happen this summer. 

Really does feel like a massive summer, and next season already feels huge in determining if we have Howe here for the long term or not.

8 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah I would imagine our sponsors want European exposure.

9 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Did he not have a great chance of scoring where he left Tino at the back post only to have Dubravka save it? 

He had that chance aye, could argue Tino blocks it if he hits it across goal though, which is the only way he could have scored. He was far more anonymous in general play, one half chance doesn't really change that. 

14 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

So like any other defender does?

Are you genuinely trying to argue that Burn been beaten on the counter by rapid wingers is a notable flaw in our gameplan over the past 2 year? 

This week is genuinely the first time I can remember it being legitimately exposed. There should be loads of examples though?

Yes. Lots of pacey wingers give him serious trouble.  He had many awful 45 minutes. Previously he would recover some after the break and I think a lot of that is down to protection from Willock and Joelinton who have great work rate and recovery pace. Without them holding his hand he’s badly exposed.  It’s been a weakness for a long time. This season he’s getting targeted because it’s a known weakness but it did happen before. 

Same thing with the gap between defence and midfield. It was a weakness last season. It’s just being exploited more this season. 

Lots of us called this out at the time. The likes of you would try to shut it down. 

Some people wanted Ben upgraded for an offensive winger. But I’ve always wanted him upgraded so we can be better defensively. I like Burns profile as a LB he’s just too poor 1v1.  

19 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yes. Lots of pacey wingers give him serious trouble.  He had many awful 45 minutes. Previously he would recover some after the break and I think a lot of that is down to protection from Willock and Joelinton who have great work rate and recovery pace. Without them holding his hand he’s badly exposed.  It’s been a weakness for a long time. This season he’s getting targeted because it’s a known weakness but it did happen before. 

Same thing with the gap between defence and midfield. It was a weakness last season. It’s just being exploited more this season. 

Lots of us called this out at the time. The likes of you would try to shut it down. 

Some people wanted Ben upgraded for an offensive winger. But I’ve always wanted him upgraded so we can be better defensively. I like Burns profile as a LB he’s just too poor 1v1.  

:lol: when have I ever tried to shutdown people down for pointing out the gap between defense and midfield?

Burn has had a bad week. This is what happens though, a hypothetical flaw gets pointed out, we go months or years before it breaks, and then at that point the flaw gets blown up.

Burn is obviously not the best fullback ever, but he's worked on our system well for about a year and a half. Thankfully most wingers are't Ogbene quick, and baily roasted our entire team, it wasn't just Burn.

Ogbene nearly scored the winner with Tino on the pitch too by the way...

Edited by Hanshithispantz

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

:lol: when have I ever tried to shutdown people down for pointing out the gap between defense and midfield?

Burn has had a bad week. This is what happens though, a hypothetical flaw gets pointed out, we go months or years before it breaks, and then at that point the flaw gets blown up.

Burn is obviously not the best fullback ever, but he's worked on our system well for about a year and a half.

Ogbene nearly scored the winner with Tino on the pitch too by the way...

after we'd been bombing on desperately/manically looking for a winner.

13 minutes ago, huss9 said:

after we'd been bombing on desperately/manically looking for a winner.

:lol: Pretty sure most of our players were back in the box like, I'll have to see it again.

Edited by Hanshithispantz